90 Day Report By Mail - No Return Postage

I have been doing my 90-Day Report by mail for about two years now. Have had no problems whatsoever. However, I think I may have forgotten to put the B10 stamp on my return envelope this time. Has anyone done this?

I'm trying to decide what to do, if anything, about it. I could send the materials again, though I sent the original reporting document from my last report already. Or I could go to immigration which, though a pain-in-the-neck, is a possibility. Or I could just wait and see if they stamp the envelope and return it. Looking for suggestions/guidance. Any (constructive) input would be appreciated.

I would wait and see if they send it back. If you sent it via their instructions you should have sent it EMS and you should have a dated receipt. They recommend this in case it is lost. If you do not get a paper back from them I would start the new 90 day clock on the day that you sent it and report in person in 90 days with the receipt telling them that you never received the new document.

A quick question about 90 days slips (sorry for hijacking the thread!).

By law, are they needed at airports (BKK or DMK)? OK, I have been thru both airports scores of times and never been asked for my 90 day slip. If I forgot to bring it, is that an offence subject to a fine?

If the OP manages to get through to his immigration office on the phone, I strongly suspect that he'll be told to come along and collect the notification slip in person if, indeed, he hasn't affixed a 10 THB stamp to the return envelope.

And, should the OP not succeed in getting through on the phone for whatever reason and still hasn't received the notification slip 7 days after the due reporting date, I suggest that he goes along to his immigration office that very day in person with a freshly-completed TM47. That is the simplest and most sure-fire way of avoiding any penalty IMHO.

By law, are they needed at airports (BKK or DMK)? OK, I have been thru both airports scores of times and never been asked for my 90 day slip. If I forgot to bring it, is that an offence subject to a fine?

If you are departing LOS and have no 90 day slip OR you have gone past the time of reporting you face the likelihood of having to pay the fine at the prevailing daily rate.

Careful not to miss your flight coffee1.gif

I would wait and see if they send it back. If you sent it via their instructions you should have sent it EMS and you should have a dated receipt. They recommend this in case it is lost. If you do not get a paper back from them I would start the new 90 day clock on the day that you sent it and report in person in 90 days with the receipt telling them that you never received the new document.

Thanks for your reply. I did not send it EMS, though I have been using Registered Mail when sending. Using EMS is a good idea and I will do so in the future. I think I will wait until a day or two after my due-date and, if I have not gotten anything back from them, will take a fresh form to them in-person.

If you are departing LOS and have no 90 day slip OR you have gone past the time of reporting you face the likelihood of having to pay the fine at the prevailing daily rate.

At airports 90 day reports are not checked and I never have my 90 day report attached to my passport when l go through immigration.

If the OP manages to get through to his immigration office on the phone, I strongly suspect that he'll be told to come along and collect the notification slip in person if, indeed, he hasn't affixed a 10 THB stamp to the return envelope.

And, should the OP not succeed in getting through on the phone for whatever reason and still hasn't received the notification slip 7 days after the due reporting date, I suggest that he goes along to his immigration office that very day in person with a freshly-completed TM47. That is the simplest and most sure-fire way of avoiding any penalty IMHO.

Thanks for your reply. I think your idea is a good one... but I think I will wait just a day or two after the due-date and, if I have not received my new slip, will make a trip to them with a fresh TM47.

Edited by DougC88

Why not simply call the immigration office and tell them that you may have forgotten to provide return postage, and that you will immediately send them a new return envelope with a stamp on it which they can link to your application once they receive it.

Simply annotate the envelope (with the return stamped addressed envelope inside it)

"Please link with 90-day report for Mr XXX XXXXXX".

• Like 1

Not an easy Question,depends on where you are situated.Small Offices,are more user friendly, just phone or call in to be safe.thumbsup.gif .

No poster can give an answer to this, they can give you their own experience if they have done the same, and they can suggest what you should do, but the fact is, every Immigration office in Thailand go by their own rules, and a lot could depend on which side of the bed any particular official got out of.

There is no definite answer to this one, all the OP can do is take the advice of the posters and make his decision what to do. All Thailand Immigration offices have there own rules a lot of the time, and sometimes a decision can be made depending what side of the bed any particular official gets out of.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply. I did not send it EMS, though I have been using Registered Mail when sending. Using EMS is a good idea and I will do so in the future. I think I will wait until a day or two after my due-date and, if I have not gotten anything back from them, will take a fresh form to them in-person.

I have had 2 TM47's go astray. First one was not sent by EMS so had to do it again and got fined for my pains. The second one was mislaid internally by immigration, however, I faxed the tracking report to them and this time they could not deny receipt. Consequently sent it again and my receipt was not backdated so gained a month. Worth noting it took 10 days for the letter to get from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya post office with a total delivery time of 14 days.

Edited by Anon999

Where did you get this false info or did you dream it up. Miss leading or false info causes a lot of problems as well as misunderstanding to people living in Thailand