Condo Water Bill Jumps More Water Goes Down the Drain

elgordo38

For many months my Condo water bill was with a couple bahts each month. I am conservationist and I watch my shekels sorry bahts as well. This month it jumped by over 25%. Upon questioning why I was told that my meter had been replaced during a recent water overhaul in the whole building. I now have more pressure (the old pressure was just fine)Sooo the water is now running down my drain faster than it was before. I am paying more for water but the really sad part is I am also wasting more water due to the increase in water pressure. I did mention to my girlfriend who is much younger than me that she will see the day when she turns on the water to shower (we only shower once a day but some people I know shower 3 and 4 times a day) and no water will come out of the showerhead. What happens next is forced conservation

put flow restrictors on all your outlets and/or install a pressure tank so you can adjust the pressure down to whatever you choose. if the flow restrictors are not sufficient just superglue some of the holes to close them and further reduce the flow

• Like 1

I grew up on a farm with no piped water so maybe I can give you a few hints to save water.

Get a wash tub, stand in it and take your shower as normal, both of you use the water caught in the tub to bath again later.

Run you water into a bucket and use the alloted amount to wash yourselves via the dipper transfer method.

Take a shower together, 2 for the price of one, if you forgo the hanky panky.

Dear electrified. I doubt if we will ever meet in a queue somewhere. Sounds like you live in a water closet.

Don't know about a water closet but in the tropics most people, Thai and farang, shower 3-4 times per day. Just go to immigration, you can smell the ones across the room who don't.

I think I have passed this guy in the super market, I had to change lanes the b.o was so bad, very unusual for a Thai girl to only shower once a day. I wonder if this guy is a Pom when I was a kid in the old U.K. we used to bath once a week whether we needed it or not

lol

• Like 1

Dear electrified. I doubt if we will ever meet in a queue somewhere. Sounds like you live in a water closet.

Don't know about a water closet but in the tropics most people, Thai and farang, shower 3-4 times per day. Just go to immigration, you can smell the ones across the room who don't.

Are you working on a farm!? Don't understand why some one would need to shower 3-4 times. Have an AC at home, in the car and in the office. Yes also in the shopping center, so ok when I do sport or so I would say 2 times a day is fine. But 4 times?!

• Like 1

Shower once a day.

I think I saw you in the supermarket last week but I thought that something (food, meat or ??) had gone off giggle.gif

Then I thought the same as someone else that it had to be you "your GF' looked well scrubbed (but shows you can't always tell, can you?)

Edited by johnlandy

I think I have passed this guy in the super market, I had to change lanes the b.o was so bad, very unusual for a Thai girl to only shower once a day. I wonder if this guy is a Pom when I was a kid in the old U.K. we used to bath once a week whether we needed it or not

So, you're calling yourself a pom? That's a bit sad. As you should know, the Aussies are really the Poms... i.e. the thieves, or 'prisoners' (and perhaps their offspring), who were shipped out, while the gentrified non-thieves remained in mother England. wink.png

Can't speak for anyone else, but growing up in the UK, I would always shower in the morning and bath at night. After spending a fair amount of time in Oz, I came to the conclusion that the locals must be a bit shower-shy what with all those bloody flies buzzing about. Anyhow, everyone knows it's the froggies that are the true soap-dodgers.

But op, no need to get yer knickers in a twist. If you're truly a conservationist, consider lobbying industry to cut back on their water consumption, for it is they who do the most damage, not chaps holed up in Muang Thai trying to save 2 baht on a bath. whistling.gif

put flow restrictors on all your outlets and/or install a pressure tank so you can adjust the pressure down to whatever you choose. if the flow restrictors are not sufficient just superglue some of the holes to close them and further reduce the flow

Mr Mod, sorry about change of topic, but has TV got a new way of replying to posts? I am having difficulty doing this, or is it just me?

I can't imagine showering less than twice daily here -- even with aircon. Ours is set at 25 deg C, but for most of the year, our home in the old country was warm if the temps were over 20 deg C.

Post #5 has some good suggestions for someone who really wants to save water. But, I've got to believe it's not cost prohibitive, even with the new pressure, for the OP. Come on, how bad can it be?

So, you're calling yourself a pom? That's a bit sad. As you should know, the Aussies are really the Poms... i.e. the thieves, or 'prisoners' (and perhaps their offspring), who were shipped out, while the gentrified non-thieves remained in mother England. wink.png

Can't speak for anyone else, but growing up in the UK, I would always shower in the morning and bath at night. After spending a fair amount of time in Oz, I came to the conclusion that the locals must be a bit shower-shy what with all those bloody flies buzzing about. Anyhow, everyone knows it's the froggies that are the true soap-dodgers.

But op, no need to get yer knickers in a twist. If you're truly a conservationist, consider lobbying industry to cut back on their water consumption, for it is they who do the most damage, not chaps holed up in Muang Thai trying to save 2 baht on a bath. whistling.gif

How lucky you were to have a shower and a bath in your house in the East End slums of London in the 50s we had no such luxuries, outside toilet freezing in the winter had to break the ice in the bowl before using it, The tin bath would come out once a week and the gas boiler which doubled as a crude washing machine with a hand mangle would be fired up. When finished we had to bail out the bath until light enough to lift to sink to finish emptying it it was an all night task so only done once a week.When slum clearance come to our street they housed us in Council flats and the joy of having a inside toilet and bath with running hot water was fantastic. The bath also doubled as a swimming pool in the rare hot summer days in the back yard.