Torrenting issues on mac - 'connecting to peers' uTorrent

SoloFlyer

uTorrent has started playing up on me. I was getting 7-800kb download speeds last week. Now for some reason the status is 'connecting to peers'. The one I'm desperate for has 10k seeds (in brackets), with a '0' to the left of the brackets.

Someone here got a user-friendly gude to the best settings on uTorrent for mac?? Using 3BB internet.

uTorrent has started playing up on me. I was getting 7-800kb download speeds last week. Now for some reason the status is 'connecting to peers'. The one I'm desperate for has 10k seeds (in brackets), with a '0' to the left of the brackets.

Someone here got a user-friendly gude to the best settings on uTorrent for mac?? Using 3BB internet.

You might try restarting your Mac...and reinstalling Utorrent. I had a similar problem and one or a combo of these steps seemed to fix it for me.

Im also getting lots of "cant load this torrent because invalid encoding" errors when loading new torrents.

Did you try restarting the modem?

I let Utorrent automatically set my torrent settings, always seems to figure it out best.

In the end is a mystery though. It will go strange and then just come back to working.

Restart (cold start) and then do a speed test. Then, let uTorrent run its own test and allow the perimeters to set. Also, be advised that some ISPs' limit bandwidth in the afternoon when the babies come out of school. There's not a teen girl NOT on the phone at this time of day. Also, be sure you firewall exceptions are set to the proper permissions. Enjoy.

Also make sure your share ratio is reasonable. Anything below 0.5 added with a few hit and runs (only downloading the file and cutting it off just after finishing) gets you bad reputation really fast. After that you constantly get bounced back in queues, resulting in nothing actually downloading any more.

Restart (cold start) and then do a speed test. Then, let uTorrent run its own test and allow the perimeters to set. Also, be advised that some ISPs' limit bandwidth in the afternoon when the babies come out of school. There's not a teen girl NOT on the phone at this time of day. Also, be sure you firewall exceptions are set to the proper permissions. Enjoy.

Where's the uTorrent test function on a mac?

Also make sure your share ratio is reasonable. Anything below 0.5 added with a few hit and runs (only downloading the file and cutting it off just after finishing) gets you bad reputation really fast. After that you constantly get bounced back in queues, resulting in nothing actually downloading any more.

^ Yeah, hard to keep a good ratio here with the low upload speeds.

Transmission is regularly updated, so you might find improvements now. I know for sure that you can specify the directory where you want your downloads saved. Seems with all the problems you are having with uTorrent, trying Transmission might be worth a go.