Hotmail Problem

lungbing

An hour ago I posted a message to my dad via Hotmail. He was online, received it and replied. I replied back to him and my message was immediately bounced back to me as

Delivery Status Notification (Failure): 202.47.247.116

The email gave me further details of how to report the fault.

This sort of thing is happening once a week or so. It's not just to dad, every mail I now send out from Hotmail will come back undelivered. It will be OK tomorrow, probably, and I have reported it every time for weeks, but it still happens again. What is going on please?

Is it time to go to Yahoo?

No, it's time to go to Gmail. If you PM me your email address I'll send you an invite.

Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced mail not being recieved with Gmail?

It has happened a couple of times that I am aware and both from the same person. I was asked about a certain email and responded about the missing email. We both checked thoroughly and I was sent another copy of the original that I had not received. We could not establish if it was with his email provider or Gmail.

I think with *ALL* important email and also regular mail to add a postscript saying that if the recipient has not replied within possibly two weeks then you will send again because you assume that the original email has not been received.

Upon reflection it is an ideal opportunity for me to chase up some old customer enquiries:)

Chokdee,

John_Betong

hotmail is crap. period. no words to express its crappyness.

gmail and yahoo mail both are really good. especially their anti spam.

Well, I've been using Hotmail for about 3 years now - have a very busy email account and can't say that I've ever encountered any problems. I have friends, family and business acquiaintences all over the world and Hotmail have never failed to deliver a message, and to my knowledge I've never failed to receive one. I have 250 MB free memory, and I find the attachment facility for pictures very fast and efficient. MSN messenger is very useful, so all in all a satisfied customer.

I did try their new Beta mail and found it full of bugs and gave up.

I hasten to add that I'm not burning a candle for Microsoft; I just say as I see it, and if I had emails that weren't being delivered I'd consider changing.

Sembody sent me Gmail recently - quite a lot like hotmail, but better looking. Quite impressive, might be worth a go.

I have 250 MB free memory, and I find the attachment facility for pictures very fast and efficient. MSN messenger is very useful, so all in all a satisfied customer.

250MB only for those who registered while using a USA or UK or perhaps some other parts of europe IP addresses. Try applying in Asia and you get a whopping 2MB. mind you, i have been using Hotmail since 1996 when they just started and before they sold off to Microsoft. A user for 10 years with 2MB of storage space. Now with 2MB storage and usage of 10 years, you can imagine the the amount of important mail that i have stored in there. Not checking my hotmail account for a day risks my mails being returned "Mailbox Full".

<deleted> discrimination to asians. Bsatards

I have 250 MB free memory, and I find the attachment facility for pictures very fast and efficient. MSN messenger is very useful, so all in all a satisfied customer.

250MB only for those who registered while using a USA or UK or perhaps some other parts of europe IP addresses. Try applying in Asia and you get a whopping 2MB. mind you, i have been using Hotmail since 1996 when they just started and before they sold off to Microsoft. A user for 10 years with 2MB of storage space. Now with 2MB storage and usage of 10 years, you can imagine the the amount of important mail that i have stored in there. Not checking my hotmail account for a day risks my mails being returned "Mailbox Full".

The girls in the office here at KKU have found this way to increase the Hotmail from 2MB to 250 MB

Increase Hotmail to 250 MB

The girls in the office here at KKU have found this way to increase the Hotmail from 2MB to 250 MB

Hi, when I click on the link for increasing the Hotmail inbox, I get a notice from Spyware Doctor????

Thanks PREM-R, that link worked, easy to follow directions. My account now has 25 meg with all my email preserved.

Cheers

Farma

Also, If you're setting up a new hotmail account in Thailand , for any reason (as I did recently), all you have to do is put in a USA zip code, or a UK postcode and you will be registered as a US based or UK based user and you'll automatically get the 25 meg.

You're right Microsoft are racist. Maybe I'll change to Gmail.

But Google aren't much better, what with their agreements to divulge inofrmation to the Chinese .

If you start getting ethical about these things it never ends.

IMHO you get what you pay for - how can we all sit and criticise the service when its free.......

of course you can criticise. especially when the competition is free and provide a lot more.

not to mention how much spyware these people have and how much money they make out of adverts that show up in your mailbox. and of course where you lead to after you log out.

IMHO you get what you pay for - how can we all sit and criticise the service when its free.......

of course you can criticise. especially when the competition is free and provide a lot more.

not to mention how much spyware these people have and how much money they make out of adverts that show up in your mailbox. and of course where you lead to after you log out.

but if you were genuiney really concerned about the service and or adverts that you receive then you would sign up to a provider and pay for the service.

Due to member Endure's courtesy in offering me the means of moving to gmail I have started the process. I have been with hotmail for about 8 years but have had enough. It will take time to move over but I'm on my way.

Creating the new contacts list by copying my hotmail one over via a csv file was very easy and I'll now forward all my saved mail to my new address

Thanks, and as I already use Firefox instead of IE and Open Office instead of MS Office I seem to following an anti-MS trend.

but if you were genuiney really concerned about the service and or adverts that you receive then you would sign up to a provider and pay for the service.

i am not concerned about the service and adverts of yahoo or hotmail or gmail. just iterating that while you are already gonna go through all the adverts and stuff, you might as well go for the best of what is free out there. for me, hotmail just does not do it with 2MB. gmail and yahoo gives me a lot more without the need to pay for the service.

I do not use hotmail extensively, some 10 mails a day but got 250 MB in Thailand, although not mentioned below. If you do not get 250 MB:

You aren't in an area that currently supports the Inbox storage space upgrade for free Hotmail accounts. This upgrade is currently supported in the following areas:

Australia (AU)

Austria (AT)

Belgium (BE)

Brazil (BR)

Canada (CA)

China (CN)

Denmark (DK)

Finland (FI)

France (FR)

Germany (DE)

Hong Kong (HK)

India (IN)