Ex-monk Wirapol (Luang Pu Nenkham) withdrew Bt300m

webfact

Maybe unrelated but I watched something very unusual the other day. A group of non local men waiting an unusually long time in a local noodle stall in a town not so far from the temple. Smiles all round when another man appeared and handed over a large suitcase which the noodle seller later claimed was full of cash. I also notice large roadside banners for the temple have been slashed.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides getting an arrest warrant for rape and other charges, the DSI wants to freeze Wirapol's bank accounts and seize 70 cars. It will also call on immigration authorities in the US and Europe and have his visas revoked.

This is clearly a joke, right? Now there is obviously no point, this should have been done at the earliest opportunity, like a month ago. Also, it takes no time to revoke a passport like we know it from the Snowden case.

With the kind of money that is available to him, he could have easily arranged for a second passport, even a legal one.

Edited by lowushatin
  • Like 1

Besides getting an arrest warrant for rape and other charges, the DSI wants to freeze Wirapol's bank accounts and seize 70 cars. It will also call on immigration authorities in the US and Europe and have his visas revoked.

This is clearly a joke, right? Now there is obviously no point, this should have been done at the earliest opportunity, like a month ago. Also, it takes no time to revoke a passport like we know it from the Snowden case.

With the kind of money that is available to him, he could have easily arranged for a second passport, even a legal one.

I don't suppose there's any chance in hell that the Thai officials who covered up for him all this time will get their collective butts spanked.

OH yeah, he flew under the radar.

I forgot.

• Like 1

Allow him to withdraw 300 million and then freeze his accounts. Well done.

I suppose he needs pocket money for his US stay and more importantly the money may not all actually be his.

He will lose potential friends very quickly if he loses their money. We know the DSI is suspect and incompetent but there could be method in this particular madness.

Lose potential friends, lose money.......lose face ?

Tell me if I am wrong, but I do not think anyone can walk into a bank and withdraw 300 million baht over the counter ( or in a seperate room for security reasons ). The bank will have to have been notified in advance to amass such a large sum. The banks will have been fully aware of the recent interest and speculation ( innocent until proven guilty ) in this customer so should have informed the relevant authorities of such a large impending withdrawal. The same goes for large sums of baht or foreign currency. And, what about the linmit of baht allowed to leave the country at any one time ? A lot of questions need to be asked of the ' customer ', the banks and the Thai authorities.

• Like 2

Tell me if I am wrong, but I do not think anyone can walk into a bank and withdraw 300 million baht over the counter ( or in a seperate room for security reasons ). The bank will have to have been notified in advance to amass such a large sum. The banks will have been fully aware of the recent interest and speculation ( innocent until proven guilty ) in this customer so should have informed the relevant authorities of such a large impending withdrawal. The same goes for large sums of baht or foreign currency. And, what about the linmit of baht allowed to leave the country at any one time ? A lot of questions need to be asked of the ' customer ', the banks and the Thai authorities.

Lots of questions but will they ever be asked ?

Hands up those who disagree with the answer " NO ".

transparency......is the only way to stop corruption....and shame on that monk i hope he gets his...im sure the funds just went to another corrupt official who gave him the heads up

Why the hell didn't the idiotic powers that be suspend his bank accounts quickly so he couldn't use his stolen millions ? Once again the kingdom falls flat on its face. Well done PTP for screwing it all up again !

Got to wonder, would it be worse if this turns out to be a screw up rather than someone being given a percentage for allowing the money transfers. Not saying anyone has, but that's a lot of money being withdrawn from a man whose exploits/crimes are in the full glare of the media. Whoever posted the original clip of him on the private plane must be astonished at the consequences of doing so.

Edited by Bluespunk

What about the LOS attracting a 'new' kind of tourist? It would go something like this.

Criminals, listen up!

Just before you enter into your next scam, come to the LOS and commit it here. thumbsup.gif

You will have a wonderful time; seeing an exotic country, a bevy of beautiful, young girlies at your picking and the locals will even be to shy to speak up against you! biggrin.png

Then when the <deleted> really hits the fan, don't panic, the authorities and BIB will be give you plenty of prior notice before any investigations are even likely to take place.clap2.gif

If they don't or forget to tell you (cos of previous payments of course) again don't worry, their intentions will most definitely be published in many a newspaper, giving you time to drain your ill-gotten gains and flee the country laughing your nuts off! cheesy.gif

Sorry about that but this whole shower of <deleted> is really laughable!

• Like 1

Where officially are donations to temples supposed to be banked? Surely not the private accounts of the monks?

Do temples have to set up accounts?

It wasn't a temple, it was a monastery. Monasteries are not subject to the same strict rules and inspections as temples.

That's interesting. I had always just assumed they were one and the same.