Silly signs around the island? Seen any - got any?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady resort...whistling.gif

Your sense of humour really is different to mine!

Apparently! Let's take it from there, shall we.

How can this not be funny?cheesy.gif . I am laughing again when I see the picture.

Edited by Dancealot

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing the theme of Samui's improving road safety awareness - here is a sign at the Bophut traffic lights.

It is difficult to see and not clear. Probably causes a few accidents by people trying to read it.

I apologise for the poor quality - Micky Mouse camera and a useless photographer (and it's a busy junction).

post-79343-0-92622900-1379735940_thumb.j

Out of curiosity, is this "don't stop at accidents" an official policy and if so, what's the "official" reasoning behind it? Onlookers might attack you, thinking you're the d***head who caused it all? I know I must not stop but it takes a bit of reconditioning when you've been taught all your life to stop & help or else.

I suspect that it is to stop 'rubber necking'.

I have always stopped at accidents if I am first on the scene. I never stop when there is a crowd.

I have even been arrested and accused of causing one accident by a Thai guy who arrived about 10 minutes after the accident.

Usually the Thais all stand around and gawp - causing more traffic congestion than the actual accident.

In the picture, the emergency crew have already arrived.

Yet again, a good idea (promoting road safety) but lost in translation in this case?

In response to Tropicalevo;
In Thai it says something along the lines of; 'Accidents are less if you stay within the road rules'.
wMakes you Wonder who takes credit for this translation! Bing or Google!

post-12697-0-41462400-1379757528_thumb.j

Edited by limbos

In response to Tropicalevo;
In Thai it says something along the lines of; 'Accidents are less if you stay within the road rules'.
wMakes you Wonder who takes credit for this translation! Bing or Google!

Thanks for the translation Limbos. thumbsup.gif

Clear as mud. Much better photo though - well done clap2.gif

Seen this in a couple of spots!

hey i wrote that sign

well I did not want to shame and blame...whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18> ..... been in trouble already this week doing that!!!! tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Thailand is great because i can promote businesses and make as many spekingg mistakes as possible and people assume i am just a Thai or some other nationality or just a bad speller either way no one cares lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...