Armless Thai woman inspires millions with her resilience and optimism

webfact

Armless woman inspires millions with her resilience and optimism

5.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A woman born with undeveloped arms has become a huge inspiration for people across Thailand after stories about her life, work and attitude emerged in mainstream media.

Despite her disability, Runglawan Carick has raised three of her older sister's children and earned enough money to send them to college – all by using her feet.

Runglawan makes THB100-200 a day from minor labor jobs such as reaping marigold flowers, removing overgrown grasses and selling corn at a local market.

Full story/images: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/07/17/armless-woman-inspires-millions-her-resilience-and-optimism

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-07-17

Others may have chosen to become a beggar.

Runglawan, you are the greatest model for others.

Hope to see you on my way, one day. You deserve donations than the others although

you are not a beggar

• Like 1

That's one reason to not give money to beggars. They can all work, but "choose" not to.

I sincerely hope you never find your self in a position where you need the help of others.

Thank God - a positive story from Thai Visa.

To be fair (and correct) you can only have positive stories when there is something positive to report on.

I agree that the woman should be commended but lets not get carried away. There are many such stories on public record around the world.

Polio victims who have gone on to win Olympic gold medals, and people like Oscar Pistorius, Jessica Cox, & others all achieving objectives that able bodied people can only aspire to.

Yes! well done.

Edited by johnlandy

Great inspirational. More power and good luck to her. As for the other self absorbed whiny hypocritical hi so Thais, take a look and LEARN! useless tw--ts

Geez, where did that come from? Perhaps you can be an inspiration: "Farang man inspires millions with his resilience after being born without a personality.."

Anyways, hats off to the woman and the many like her in Thailand, disability or not.

Thank God - a positive story from Thai Visa.

Yes! Too bad TV left out this lady's amazing feat of teaching herself how to paint pictures using her feet. I saw her live on Thai television and she is truly awesome.

Hopefully, now she will gain some reward for all her hard work. Her paintings should bring in enough extra cash so she will be able to provide a better life for herself and her family in the months and years to come.

I wish her all the best. She deserves it more than most.