Libya to turn Gaddafi compound into amusement park

webfact

Libya to turn Gaddafi compound into amusement park

TRIPOLI: -- Former Libyan dictator Mouammar Gaddafi's residence in Tripoli, Bab al-Aziziya, will be transformed into an amusement park, says Libyan tourism minister.

Deceased Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi’s residence will be turned into an amusement park, the Libyan tourist minister has said.

"The work to clear away the rubble from the ruins of Bab Al-Aziziya, which was a black spot in Tripoli and a source of concern for residents, has begun," the minister Ikram Basha Imam said.

"This space will be transformed into a green area and an amusement park as a place of entertainment for Libyan families," she said.

Bab Al-Aziziya covers several square hectares (acres) of prime real estate in central Tripoli.

It was heavily fortified during Gaddafi's 42 years rule, but was destroyed by NATO air raids and a rebel assault that reached the Libyan capital on 20 August 2011.

Full story: http://english.ruvr.ru/news/2013_07_17/Libya-to-turn-Gaddafi-compound-into-amusement-park-1193/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-07-17

Good move.

But who will go there as a tourist?

I will.... I worked there for 6 years. Libya has the best preserved Roman buildings, and cities outside of Rome. Already had an invitation from the Libyans to go there as a tourist. I am in constant contact with Tripoli and Benghazi and certainly Tripoli is not a problem to visit. There is a vast Roman City at Leptis Magna and a smaller town at Sebrata, both sites having almost intact Roman Theatres where performances (without feeding Christians to the lions I might add) and concerts, are still held.

• Like 1

Good move.

I will.... I worked there for 6 years. Libya has the best preserved Roman buildings, and cities outside of Rome. Already had an invitation from the Libyans to go there as a tourist. I am in constant contact with Tripoli and Benghazi and certainly Tripoli is not a problem to visit. There is a vast Roman City at Leptis Magna and a smaller town at Sebrata, both sites having almost intact Roman Theatres where performances (without feeding Christians to the lions I might add) and concerts, are still held.

Thanks for your positive reply.

I will make a note of this. Maybe in future, it will be helpful.

Thanks anyways.

Good move.

Well there's a big plus for visiting Libya that I knew nothing about. Thanks for that info. Cool.