Khon Kaen 'stone-throwing gang' rampage terrorises motorists

webfact

Khon Kaen 'Stone-Throwing Gang' Rampage Terrorises Motorists
By Khaosod Online

kk.jpg

KHON KAEN: -- 9 motorists complained to police in Kon Khaen province over the course of a single night about unidentified assailants throwing stones into their windshields as they drove along the interprovincial Mittaparp Road.

The vehicles, mostly ten-wheeler trucks with some cars and smaller trucks, suffered damage in the front windshields and side windows. The incidents took place around 250-251 Kilometre Mark in Muang District.

The drivers told police they saw group of individuals in the darkness near of their moving vehicles, and moments later their vehicles would be attacked with stones - some of which moved at very high velocity due to the momentum of the moving vehicles toward the objects.

Despite the potentially lethal nature of the incidents, no injury was reported.

When highway police patrols inspect the crime scene after receiving such reports, the officers spotted a group of suspicious individuals in the wooded area near the main road. However, upon seeing the officers, the group quickly fled on their motorcycles.

Our correspondent reported that a bus driver also came forward to report about a similar incident that took place earlier in the same vicinity. The driver, who was driving a private headed for Bangkok on 13 July, said his windshield was smashed by a piece rock around 21.00, but the glass managed to absorb the impact.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05EQTJOalk0TXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-18

**** Overly derogatory comments from deleted post edited out.****

Not just Thai. Common occurrence in Germany where a woman was killed by a rock coming through the windshield a couple of years ago.

Not sure why so many people on this forum are so quick to assume this kind of stuff only happens in Thailand (and why they continue on living in Thailand).

This is the 4th or 5th story this year in Thailand.

BINGO!

Not just Thai. Common occurrence in Germany where a woman was killed by a rock coming through the windshield a couple of years ago.

Not sure why so many people on this forum are so quick to assume this kind of stuff only happens in Thailand (and why they continue on living in Thailand).

Stupid happens all round the world

Some nationalities are more adept than others

who made any such assumption?

What passes for logic and reason on TV is appalling.

who made any such assumption?

What passes for logic and reason on TV is appalling.

I give you the Thai youth, 2013.

Nuff' said.

But other countries take action.... Not stand there like dimwits and watch the kids take off on their bikes... which then may result in other attack.

This is just like monkeys throwing faeces...not intelligent to know that what they are doing is anti-social and wrong. Ladies and gents, I give you the Thai youth, 2013.

It has been happening in the UK for a long time with a number of reported deaths and injuries. The rocks and concrete slabs being dropped from motorway bridges.

• Like 1

Well, I have read and still read reports in the press about youths throwing stones, bricks and streettiles from viaducts on moving cars on highways.

Or on trains......

All over Europe. actually

Ladies & Gents, I give you youth 2013.......

it happens also in Bangkok , I received stone on my car while driving , some stupid kids on a pedestrian bridge ... that can happen anywhere in any countries. Having stupid youth is not only a Thai specialty.

No. But they seem to excel in producing them.

Credit where credit is due.

It's about adrenaline. Doing something anti-social/wrong and the risk included is a adrenaline rush, and as somebody said already.. it's happening everywhere.

When it comes to stupidity, based on these comments, I would say thaivisa members rank far below either Thai or Farang average.

But that's already well known.

"maybe I will now start wearing my motorbike helmet in the car....especially with the chin guard.".............................................................

I remember see an old guy back in Australia driving around in his car wearing a crash helmet. I thought he was just a nut case. Well there you go !

• Like 2

This is just like monkeys throwing faeces...not intelligent to know that what they are doing is anti-social and wrong. Ladies and gents, I give you the Thai youth, 2013.

Cos it is a regular occurrence in Thailand.

So, going by your logic, if you want to continue living in Thailand you have to what, say nothing when a bunch of neanderthals throw rocks through windshields??

Why do have to instantly start the old stuff about ".....want to continue living in Thailand ....." etc.

It's dangerous and could cause death without any doubt and little doubt it's enacted by folks with little brainpower.

What folks are trying to say, if you would listen, is that: it's dangerous / it's stupid and the reality is that it happens in many places, which doesn't lessen it's impact.

Is it a reason to post haste move to another country? You answer.

The quote likened them to monkeys throwing shit then said not that they hadn't been taught proper values but that they were inherently deficient in intelligence to grasp the concepts of right and wrong - and then presented them as representative of ALL Thai youth, circa 2013.

Some of you find this constructive/entertaining?

Hanno asks a perfectly valid question that I honestly wish were asked more often here... Who are you guys who seethe with hatred for Thailand and all things Thai, yet choose to live here?

And to be honest... Over my past 25 years here I see a correlation between more and more farang with attitudes like yours sticking around and a slight chill in the general Thai attitude towards their foreign guests. You have created precisely what you claim to hate by acting in a manner seemingly engineered to raise their ire.

Didn't you love this place when you first arrived? Can't you still find things that make you happy here?

• Like 2

Bloody Vandals, just as well these things don't happen in Western Countries..........thumbsup.gif

Wait a moment................................wink.png

Just google it yourself.

PATHETIC, btw, if you was married to farang woman, and not a thai, ( lets say you married a woman from Scotland) would you spend many hours every day defending/ apologising on a Scottish forum ?

Saying stuff is happening in other countries isn't being an apologist imo, it's usually wheeled out on these threads when someone makes a all encompassing sweeping generalisation like "...the Thai youth of 2013" for instance.

As for those individuals who are doing this, i hope for their sakes they either stop it, or hope the BiB and not some hacked off Thai(s) catch them first.