Looking for a secondhand bookshop for Thai language books.

giddyup

The GF is quite the avid reader and really enjoys the Thai translations of English best sellers, I've bought her a lot of new books but it gets a bit expensive at 3-500 baht a pop. She's probably got around 30 books in as new condition that she'd like to swap for some she hasn't read. Anyone know of a used books shop in Pattaya that has a good selection of Thai language books? Places like Thepprasit market aren't that good, plenty of trashy Thai romance novels, but not much else.

Does it have to be local?

Well it would certainly be more convenient if it was in Pattaya. I don't fancy having to travel to BKK or Chiang Mai every time she wants some new books.

There is one in Ban Chang Rayong. As you head South down Sukhumvit in Ban Chang on your left is the Bangkok Rayong Clinic. Just after that, there is a side Soi on your left and its on the left hand side there. I think a farang owns it, seen him sitting in the doorway there before.

Hi

Not sure about the Thai language books part but guess you are aware of Canterbury Tales bookshop on soi chaiyapoon ( sp ) , gives 50 % credit on exchanged books and JK books on soi pothisan naklua( very near Tops Extra)

I only look at English language books but might be worth a try ?

I think there is one in Tops on the junction of second road and Klang. 30 x 400 baht is 12,000 Buy her a kindle or second hand iPad and get all the books you want for free from the internet.

I already have a Nook for myself, but I have yet to find any downloads of Thai language books on the internet.

my wife is also an avid reader ,the likes of Grisham ect ,when she finishes her books she takes them to the second hand bookshop upstairs from tops on the corner of second and central road ,he sometimes has "proper" books in thai ,not the rubbish ,but unfortunatly not a lot

my wife is also an avid reader ,the likes of Grisham ect ,when she finishes her books she takes them to the second hand bookshop upstairs from tops on the corner of second and central road ,he sometimes has "proper" books in thai ,not the rubbish ,but unfortunatly not a lot

Now and again you see a big sale of best sellers that have been translated into Thai. The last one was outside Lotus on Sukhumvit Road. Good quality novels, all new for 50 baht a pop. I bought 10 of them for the missus but she's read them all now. I will give the one at Tops a try. Thanks.

There used to be an old Thai bookshop called DK on soi post office, they have some old stock and some second-hand Thai books, sometimes they even get English books that appears to be from a donation box from 'back home' I'm not sure if it still exist, they used to be a big chain of store, but even their head office and Bangkok is pretty run-down,

Met Ivan of Starbooks on Friday he confirmed they have a Thai selection

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Going there today

He's a member of BNI which meets Tuesday mornings, so go in the afternoon

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement