What do we give up to be an expat

GuestHouse

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the radio 4!

If your in Thailand for the GF then bring here over for the complete package, on second thoughts don't!

Keep the idyllic life idyllic.

I concur the U.K is the best place in the world right now and it's set to continue for the considerable future.

Thailand is o.k for holidays or winter retirement months, but all year round?

CCC

I can go back to my family cottage on a beautiful lake and sit on the dock with my sisters and BILs and all my nieces and nephews and their children and if it is a nice day (sunny and high 20s) a) it is still too cold for me, and B) it can be very nice, but get boring quickly, and c) how many days do we get like that? Not many. No thank you very much a week is long enough, after that I'm ready to come home to my family here and my mates here who I have something in common with. My home is here now. Canada has great memories and it's nice to reminisce, but all my old friends have their lives and I have mine and even if I lived in Canada we probably wouldn't get together very often. Where as here I get together with my mates at least once a week.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Not sure about the radio 4!

Some of the listeners call it The Wireless. wink.png

The_PVR.jpg

Fair play to GH!

He's admitted he listens to Radio 4, not many would do that!

Desert Island discs and a Terry Wogan fan perhaps???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/castaway/278ec2f9

Give me some banging Kiss FM any day,lol.

CCC

Fair play to GH!

Sorry CCC I am totally surprised now. I didn't know that there are so many secret radio listeners. I better come out know and admit that everyday while cruising down Rangsit Highway I listen to the Shipping Forecast on Radio 4. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Fair play to GH!

Sorry CCC I am totally surprised now. I didn't know that there are so many secret radio listeners. I better come out know and admit that everyday while cruising down Rangsit Highway I listen to the Shipping Forecast on Radio 4. whistling.gif

The shipping forecast can be very informative in the rainy season when Bangkok is flooded.

Is your wireless a "wind up" type or have you upgraded to electric yet?

CCC

• Like 2

Fair play to GH!

Sorry CCC I am totally surprised now. I didn't know that there are so many secret radio listeners. I better come out know and admit that everyday while cruising down Rangsit Highway I listen to the Shipping Forecast on Radio 4. whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

I feel really left out when I'm listening to the cricket on the internet, and they say "Now Radio Four listeners break for the shipping forecast", but I'm stuck with the cricket...

• Like 2

Last time I was back I had a lovely pub lunch down by the river with my dear old mother, watching the birds. There were children digging in a hole on the other side of the river, under the tutelage of a university friend of mine with a bizarre sense of humour, who got on very well with my mother when I introduced them.

Of course, being June, it was slightly parky-to-baltic; brisk, indeed, but the natives were all appropriately dressed. and I had my jacket with me.

I do sometimes muse about moving back to the Old Country; or at least moving the clan back...

SC

Fair play to GH!

Sorry CCC I am totally surprised now. I didn't know that there are so many secret radio listeners. I better come out know and admit that everyday while cruising down Rangsit Highway I listen to the Shipping Forecast on Radio 4. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif>

I feel really left out when I'm listening to the cricket on the internet, and they say "Now Radio Four listeners break for the shipping forecast", but I'm stuck with the cricket...

Ahh the pleasures and pains of a LW listener... now the truth is that a few nifty little scripts together with a mature piece of software on a server at home can synchronise your on-board computer over wifi as you pull in your driveway. Then you can listen to the beeb programme of your choice on your next journey. To avoid any disappointment, it should be pointed out the Shipping Forecast does not actually forecast any movements of ships. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Fair play to GH!

Sorry CCC I am totally surprised now. I didn't know that there are so many secret radio listeners. I better come out know and admit that everyday while cruising down Rangsit Highway I listen to the Shipping Forecast on Radio 4. whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

Ahh the pleasures and pains of a LW listener... now the truth is that a few nifty little scripts together with a mature piece of software on a server at home can synchronise your on-board computer over wifi as you pull in your driveway. Then you can listen to the beeb programme of your choice on your next journey. To avoid any disappointment, it should be pointed out the Shipping Forecast does not actually forecast any movements of ships. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

All that technology, but you still can't avoid double posts. I have the same problem when I'm trying to park

• Like 2

"I have said it three times, so it must be true" said the Bellman.

I read about my friends on Facebook, and they have have much more interesting lives than I, with their hobbies, and sports, and all sorts of stuff. Though, I suppose, few of them will have been to such a thrilling game of rugby as the Singapore Malaysia game at MBPJ Stadium a couple of months back.

• Like 1