Yingluck tests Umbrella rice to restore public confidence

webfact

I guess with four days warning someone made sure the rice cooked and served was up to 'normal' standards rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif>

I wonder if YL and her cabinet really believe their own stunts, impressively named campaigns and fancy buzz words because it's all slowly unraveling.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM moves to restore public confidence

And what happens if public confidence is not restored is she going to sue the public and throw them in jail ?

BTW is it me or does Dear Yingluck look a bit nervous while she is chomping down on that spoonful ?

If by any chance she gets stomach problems will there be any official BS reason or will she just hide for a few days ? Possibly the latter as she's very good at hiding.

• Like 1

I guess with four days warning someone made sure the rice cooked and served was up to 'normal' standards rolleyes.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif>

I doubt one mouthful would do much damage anyway.

Do we know if she swallowed it or spat it out?

No giggling at the back.

I guess with four days warning someone made sure the rice cooked and served was up to 'normal' standards rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that someone made sure the rice cooked and served was way better than 'normal' standards. Probably a batch of imported rice saved just for the PM. clap2.gif cheesy.gif

I guess with four days warning someone made sure the rice cooked and served was up to 'normal' standards rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that someone made sure the rice cooked and served was way better than 'normal' standards. Probably a batch of imported rice saved just for the PM. clap2.gif cheesy.gif

Okay, so she swallows a spoonful of cooked rice and now public confidence is fully restored. See how simple it all is?

Murphy oh Meyer, sometimes I really think this government takes us all to be idiots. Even IF that rice would be contaminated, it's not like anyone had ever claimed that if one ate a spoonful of it, one would immediately drop dead.

Also gotta love that picture. It speaks volumes about her true feelings: "I've GOT to restore public confidence in our rice. But honestly, I'm NOT too confident about eating it. MUST go through this. MUST. Okay, one, two, three, SWALLOW!"

Who said she swallowed it?

Think i'll stick with the fresh produce from our village smile.png

May not be as sensible as it sounds. I'm friends with a Thai man who runs a downtown restaurant in my tourist town. He's been buying produce for it for at least 20 years. He assures me that hill tribe veges are more contaminated with chemi than veges sold in the center areas of markets. Note regarding large markets: Hill tribers usually get to sell in peripheral areas with no tables and no artificial lighting, as regular vendors get. The restauranteur said he would buy organic if he could, but no vege vendors (out of hundreds) in the region sell reliably organic produce, even though some vendors allude to doing so.

Q: Would anyone who knows how Thais generally do business, believe a vege vendor (who is not a personal acquaintance), who claims her produce is organic?

Well if your talking 100% organic then that's a very big call indeed and of course people do use different amounts, brands and varieties of chemicals but here in my very small village in the far outskirts of the Yasothon province they mainly use buffalo and cow dung for fertilizer but of course they still have to use a couple of bags of the bought fertilizer plus spray a bit of insecticide which both do have chemicals of course but other than that it's all pretty natural out here, they all store as much as possible in their raised storage sheds and we just buy a sack when were nearly out then take it down the road to get the husks removed, they are all really quite fussy about their rice here :)

Think i'll stick with the fresh produce from our village smile.png

May not be as sensible as it sounds. I'm friends with a Thai man who runs a downtown restaurant in my tourist town. He's been buying produce for it for at least 20 years. He assures me that hill tribe veges are more contaminated with chemi than veges sold in the center areas of markets. Note regarding large markets: Hill tribers usually get to sell in peripheral areas with no tables and no artificial lighting, as regular vendors get. The restauranteur said he would buy organic if he could, but no vege vendors (out of hundreds) in the region sell reliably organic produce, even though some vendors allude to doing so.

Q: Would anyone who knows how Thais generally do business, believe a vege vendor (who is not a personal acquaintance), who claims her produce is organic?

Well if your talking 100% organic then that's a very big call indeed and of course people do use different amounts, brands and varieties of chemicals but here in my very small village in the far outskirts of the Yasothon province they mainly use buffalo and cow dung for fertilizer but of course they still have to use a couple of bags of the bought fertilizer plus spray a bit of insecticide which both do have chemicals of course but other than that it's all pretty natural out here, they all store as much as possible in their raised storage sheds and we just buy a sack when were nearly out then take it down the road to get the husks removed, they are all really quite fussy about their rice here smile.png

The brands tested in the States showed that virtually all of them were marked as Organic Thai Rice. Where is this pretty large amount of rice grown to organic standards. And don't say Cambodia......

I note that she was only given the best of rice which most people don't, cant afford, to buy.

Can hear her comments : So this is rice, what the peasants eat, tastes nothing like what my chef makes.

PM's husby is a CP executive. unless it is an rare incident that CP or someone there want to do something nasty . . .

Look at what happened to the dark-haired Tony Blair after his term in office. Grecian 2000 couldn't even help him...!!

Did he go grey cos he was forced to eat comtaminated Thai rice as well ?.. or was that from eating dodgy beef ? tongue.png

Humble pie after being found out? Now rated as a superb con artist. The only thing that we have him to thank for was not resigning when he said he would so letting the lying idiotic Brown loose.