Chinese Tour Group report Hotel Problems at Pattaya Police Station

Rimmer

Chinese Tour Group report Hotel Problems at Pattaya Police Station

china-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--A group of Chinese Tourists arrived at Pattaya Police Station in the early hours of Thursday to seek assistance after checking into a Hotel which did not meet the conditions of their booking which stated they would be staying in a 5-star hotel.

The group arrived at Pattaya Police Station just after 2.30am and explained to Police that they were due to book into an unspecified 5 star hotel. Instead they were taken to a Hotel located on Pattaya Third Road which is unclassified by the Thai Hotels Association and was nowhere near the standard expected of a 5-star Hotel.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/95835/chinese-tour-group-report-hotel-problems-pattaya-police-station/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-18

I think its cool, is this the first time an entire group has done this? this might get reactions instead of a single person complaint and send a message, gee i hope one of them hire a jetski. the whole bus will swarm down to the beach...clap2.gif

• Like 2

I despair of Rim . Where is the 'Pointing' Pic??

Seriously thought , this isn't the only place it happens.

We checked into a RESORT in Sanur . It had major construction , beach walled up with high tide dirt & sand & our Seaview was a wall.

Never thought of reporting it to Indonesian Police ?

Scam Cities are everywhere

coffee1.gif

I get sick of the racist memberes on this forum and they should be banned. "Plague of Chinese tourists". We should welcome them. Perhaps Thais considser most of the low life sort of Farngs coming to Thailand a plague!!.

Wow...the self-richetious self-appointed PC police are out in force today. My use of the descriptive term "plague" obviously refers to their numbers and their sometimes boorish and/or inconsiderate behavior. The busses that shuttle them around town at all times of the day and night blocking traffic does nothing to endear them to me either. It's especially the case with large tour groups, as they are often members of the lower or working class and don't have much, if any, experience of foreign travel. I guess now ill be accused of being a classest but that's justow I feel.

When you say things like "lower or working class" you really do show your true colors.

There's been a large influx of Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai in the past 12 months or so since the movie "Lost in Thailand" was either partly or completely filmed here and released in China.

Except for being poor motorbike drivers and being seemingly clueless about their surroundings sometimes (esp, on their rented bicycles), they don't really bother me. But I haven't heard a single Thai say a good thing about them....to the contrary, I've heard a lot of complaints and grumblings about their rude, boorish behavior (according to the Thais).

BTW I'm not being racist...just stating the facts.

Duplicate posts removed, posts with messed up quotes and over large fonts removed also one post whinging about the quality of the news.

• Like 2

Well done by the Tourist Police who help settle matters, I am sure the group operators in China were scammed by the logistics people here in Thailand and they are lucky that they were not just told "your problem is in China not here".

I get sick of the racist members on this forum and they should be banned. "Plague of Chinese tourists". We should welcome them. Perhaps Thais consider most of the low life sort of Farangs coming to Thailand a plague!!.

I also get sick n tired of reading the same sort of dribble from stupid people who have nothing to contribute but would be the first to complain if something like this happened to them - but perhaps they would be happy staying in a non rated 4th rate hotel -- if you want to be racist go back to where you came from - my wife is chinese and she could buy you out 100 fold -- but i guess people like you just like to sit in front of your screen and think of stupid, brainless comments, sure a lot here think the same way -- nothing good to say- dont say anything - we are sick of it bah.gif and you would be shocked what the average thai thinks of you

• Like 2

There's something that has to be said about a vast majority of Chinese tourists observed traveling around Asia. They're the ones that are not civilized. They stand up in airplanes during takeoff and landing. The piss all over the seats in public bathrooms. Their children defecate all over the floor and on streets. Frequent temper tantrums.

I am fully behind those members that don't appreciate their presence. Obnoxious, unruly, unhygienic for the most part.

But of course, we like their money.

There's something that has to be said about a vast majority of Chinese tourists observed traveling around Asia. They're the ones that are not civilized. They stand up in airplanes during takeoff and landing. The piss all over the seats in public bathrooms. Their children defecate all over the floor and on streets. Frequent temper tantrums.

I am fully behind those members that don't appreciate their presence. Obnoxious, unruly, unhygienic for the most part.

But of course, we like their money.

Where's the not like button?

• Like 1

actually if you look at that hotel groups website it looks pretty nice...but...of course everyone knows that there are a zillion hotels all over the world who post pictures and descriptions that make them appear to be something they are not in reality....

part of being a reputable tour operator whether Chinese or anywhere else is that you have staff or a reliable ground operator that personally inspects hotels prior to taking groups there....

going by the four star/five star etc is very shaky....five stars according to WHO? or is it WHOM?

actually if you look at that hotel groups website it looks pretty nice...but...of course everyone knows that there are a zillion hotels all over the world who post pictures and descriptions that make them appear to be something they are not in reality....

part of being a reputable tour operator whether Chinese or anywhere else is that you have staff or a reliable ground operator that personally inspects hotels prior to taking groups there....

going by the four star/five star etc is very shaky....five stars according to WHO? or is it WHOM?

I agree. Where the ratings come from is important.

Self assessed ratings can't be trusted.

By the way it's 'WHOM' as the word follows the preposition 'TO'. I tell you this in confidence because not many people know (or care).