Why has Thaivisa moved from Singapore to the USA ?

rubberduck

It's cloud hosted now. Works better when your readers are spread out all over the world. Hosting only in Asia caused a lot of latency issues in North America and Europe where a lot of our traffic originates. We're currently investigating the loading issues and it should be fixed in short order.

• 3 weeks later...

With ThaiVisa now being hosted in the U.S., Mountain View, California, according to an IP address lookup I just did, maybe that explains why ThaiVisa was many times more responsive over the last few weeks when I used my StrongVPN San Francisco IP connection.

By the way, today/Saturday is the first day in several weeks when I clicked Add Reply/Post it actually posts and shows the completed post within a second or two versus clicking Add Reply/Post and that looping/trying to post just continued forever. While the post had usually indeed posted when I aborted the looping process and go back to the tread, it's sure nice for posts to be working normal again (or at least for me today in Bangkok).

By the way, today/Saturday is the first day in several weeks when I clicked Add Reply/Post it actually posts and shows the completed post within a second or two versus clicking Add Reply/Post and that looping/trying to post just continued forever. While the post had usually indeed posted when I aborted the looping process and go back to the tread, it's sure nice for posts to be working normal again (or at least for me today in Bangkok).

That bug has been corrected about two days ago by the software vendors.

As for IP lookup, believe you will find it to be a transparent proxy and the particular cloud server one would be connecting to could be in one of several locations.

Good the bug has been fixed, but yesterday I was still experiencing the problem. Today is my first day without the problem.

Sent from my Samsung S4 (GT-I9500)

Looking again, it was yesterday at around 2:00 PM that it was corrected.

• Like 1