What annoys you on Phuket radio

jayleshark

A better question might be "What doesn't annoy you on Phuket radio?" smile.png

For me its oblivious farangs mangling Thai language, or Thais doing the same to English.

If they want to do English language radio here they really need truly bilingual announcers.

The worst in this regard has always been Radio Thailand.

Sometimes it sounds like they kidnapped some random Rajabhat student, put a gun to his/her head and said: READ THIS.

It is truly painful to listen to.

Steven Layne has a spot 8am-9am Mondays and Fridays on 90.5FM.

He's bilingual (Thai mother), grew up in Colorado, has good taste in music and is a big Phuket FC fan.

Worth a listen IMHO.

On the Thai side I think 94 City Radio is the best for local news, though reception is not that good outside Phuket Town.

Personally, I prefer long-form podcasts to radio. My absolute favorite is the Adam Carolla Show. There is nothing on the web or in any other media that I could recommend more highly. wai.gif

There is one thing that annoys the sh**t out of me and that is the advert for a prinitng mob who have a Thai girl saying LUMINATING.

Don't know why but it really grates on me so badly I have to either turn off the radio or change station.bah.gif

Edited by patongphil

A better question might be "What doesn't annoy you on Phuket radio?" smile.png

For me its oblivious farangs mangling Thai language, or Thais doing the same to English.

If they want to do English language radio here they really need truly bilingual announcers.

The worst in this regard has always been Radio Thailand.

Sometimes it sounds like they kidnapped some random Rajabhat student, put a gun to his/her head and said: READ THIS.

It is truly painful to listen to.

Steven Layne has a spot 8am-9am Mondays and Fridays on 90.5FM.

He's bilingual (Thai mother), grew up in Colorado, has good taste in music and is a big Phuket FC fan.

Worth a listen IMHO.

On the Thai side I think 94 City Radio is the best for local news, though reception is not that good outside Phuket Town.

Personally, I prefer long-form podcasts to radio. My absolute favorite is the Adam Carolla Show. There is nothing on the web or in any other media that I could recommend more highly. wai.gif

Can't be as bad as the lady on 90.5 reading out the news, I think between 08.00 and 09.00 hours. She must be the girlfriend of the owner or something, her English is really incomprehensible, and she even can't read the Thai names properly.

• Like 1

Do you expect many different answers from when you asked similar questions 11 months ago?

I would think it would be a little more honest to do your market research here as a sponsor.

That would this topic ---> here

Thanks so much living in kata, good that you can help generate more interest in both posts. Thank you so much

Do you expect many different answers from when you asked similar questions 11 months ago?

I would think it would be a little more honest to do your market research here as a sponsor.

Hi old croc,

Thanks kind of you to post, but this is a different question and it is not market research as such. As you so kindly pointed out its similar questions, not the same.

Thank you for taking the time to post and if you can add to the topic that would be awesome.