Can Employment Agent Be My Answer?

Rather than make border runs, I'd like a company for whom I would work to manage my visa issues. Could an employment agent be my answer to finding a job? All the websites, I've visited mention an in-person interview. Surely I can be placed while still in the states and have all the arrangements made in advance of my trip. Any reputable employment agents out there? Any other ways to visit for 8 months without border runs? My chief objective is studying thai for 8 months. Is there a student visa?

Hi -

I'm a potential employer for you.

What is your nationailty (that defines what I must pay you each month, in order for you to get an extended entry permit)?

Next - what salary do you want? Whatever your reply, tell me how you will generate 2.5 times that salary for my business. All you need to do to geta job with my company is CONVINCE me that you will generate 2.5 times the amount of income for my company in relation to whatever you want me to pay you - and, that amount must meet the Immigration Department's rules about minimum salaries.

Oh - by the way - I am assuming that you want to study Thai on weekends, or late at night - certainly not between 8:30 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday - as that is when you will be working for me.

Well, that's pretty simple. You have a job just waiting for you at my company. 'Just answer those few simple questions.

Easy (troll).

Cheers!

Indo-Siam

Well lets be fair. For an employer willing to offer you an expat salary they will most likely want to interview you before forking out the big bucks. There are always exceptions but esp thai owned companies really arent eager to hire someone they have never met.

By the way, what field are you in, how much experience do you have. All these facts can enable member boards to let you know how easy or difficult is will be for you to find a place of employment here.

base1 you metioned the workthailand web site but there is a £25 (1800baht) fee just to look at the jobs?

I am a bit suspicious, has anyone used there services or can recommend them?

I am a experienced programmer (10+ years in England) living and want to stay but not working in Thailand yet, anyone have any ideas?

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
I am a bit suspicious, has anyone used there services or can recommend them?  Simon

I don't know Simon, I wouldn't say they're suspicious just because they charge people? I would have thought a few bucks is actually peanuts for a professional who wanted to work in Thailand.

Actually I think you may have missed the point about the web site... basically they are saying it IS very tough to find a good job in Thailand and your best chance is to let potential employers in Thailand or Thai headhunters (if there are such things??) find you! Most people agree that searching all the big job web sites is a waste time as decent jobs in Thailand are generally few and far between.

If you do pay to list on www.workthailand.com then any Thai employee who really needs a farang :o will know where to start looking for one. :D

Seriously though, I think it is a good idea - as like most things in life you get what you pay for - and paying to help get a decent job is okay in my book. Not only that, it's a real nice looking site and better than most of the crap out there. I would even sign up myself if I got a big discount. :D