Wedding Video Yes Or No ?

DeDanan

Hi All,

I am considering hiring someone to video my up coming wedding. The wedding is at her parents home which is in town near Sukhothai.

Is it a good idea to video the wedding and party after?

Any ideas on the cost involved?

Regards,

DeDanan.

Hi All,

I am considering hiring someone to video my up coming wedding. The wedding is at her parents home which is in town near Sukhothai.

Is it a good idea to video the wedding and party after?Any ideas on the cost involved?

Regards,

DeDanan.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS....do it, no matter what other people say. It will be a great document for later and (eventual) children.

It will be so nice because at the actual wedding-day you forget soooo many things what's happening around you, that it will amaze you later what went on that day..... :o

We did it at our wedding and it came out beautiful.

Advise: don't make the final product (Video/DVD) longer than about 30 minutes; add music and if possible subtitles in English/Thai (we did it in English/Chinese, since my wife is Chinese).

At the end you may do a slideshow with photos.

The person who takes the video should be a professional who also knows how to 'edit' the complete shooting.

Good luck

LaoPo

Hi All,

Regards,

DeDanan.

We hired a professional photographer to do the photos but just had friends make the videos. Been a while but I believe we paid around 5-6k baht including multi-prints in leather bound albums for the photos. And yes, it is a good idea to video both. But as Octaviousbp said about having a say. If I remember right I was largely out of the picture, so to speak. :o

I got married a year ago in Sa Kaeo. We hired a local company to video and photograph the proceedings. Two guys came from very early morning to late at night, and toook hundreds of photos and hours of video.

They made a VCD and a DVD out of the video footage, and a slide show, plus data discs of all the photos.

The photos were great, and I had a number printed in 8 by 10 and framed, along with a huge number of 4 by 6 put in albums. The guy used a top of the range professional digital camera, and the quality was outstanding. I also posted to a web site and sent emails for the folks back home.

The video was very long, with dubbed music. I was able to download the DVD's onto my PC and re-edit all the footage, adding English sub titles and dubbing different music in some places. (The wife preferred the 'long version' (ie original) and I sent the re-cut, shorter version to the folks in UK.)

I think the whole lot came to around 10K. (Baht).

Absolute bargain, and worth every penny.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

I think the whole lot came to around 10K. (Baht).

Absolute bargain, and worth every penny.

I couldn't agree more to that :D you don't want to know the price for the one I had made (Europe though). :o

LaoPo

Having one of the honeymoon night could defray the cost of the wedding video.

Just an idle thought... :D

I'm not so sure anyone would pay ten grand to see what went on on my honeymoon night!! :o

Yes, LaoPo,

The cost of my daughter's wedding video from the old country would have paid for the whole bloody wedding over here - and I'd still have some change left over. :D

Great idea to capture the highlights of your first marriage on video.

After a few years, you can compare the highlights of your first marriage with the video highlights of your second marriage.

Some more years down the track you will have a cupboard full of your marriage videos. Your kids will be able to watch them all and have fun trying to pick out their mother from all of the different wives in your life.

If you shoot each video inside your house, you will be able to keep a visual record of all the real estate that you once owned and loved.....and that is now enjoyed by your ex-spouse/s....

....and further more....hang on......why is everybody looking daggers at me???....................

......OK.......OK........I'll get my coat. :o

:D

I know a Thai woman who found out that the Thai guy she was living with had got married when the video company delivered a proof copy of his wedding video to their shared home. He'd told her he had been out of the country on a business trip, but had sneeked out to get married..

It could not have happened to a more fitting person :o

I know a Thai woman who found out that the Thai guy she was living with had got married when the video company delivered a proof copy of his wedding video to their shared home. He'd told her he had been out of the country on a business trip, but had sneeked out to get married..

It could not have happened to a more fitting person :D

:D:D:D...and she didn't kill him? :o

LaoPo

Hi All,

Regards,

DeDanan.

Do it... you won't ever regret it. :o

I got married in a small village in rural Isaan on Jan 1 this year, and the whole thing was captured on video by another TV mod. He then did some editing and presented me and my wife with a SVCD of the event as a wedding present.

It's the best wedding present ever. Priceless memories.

:D

Hi All,

Regards,

DeDanan.

We did it, and absolutely delighted - it is great to show friends and family who could not attend, so they get to see the monks, the dancing girls, the walking band, and of course the cermenony itself.

The first version delivered to us had loud "background" music right through, so couldn't hear the monks chanting or the band playing etc. - but got him to make a new version without and it was great.

Our party was the night before (usual here I think), but we also had a smaller party for overseas visitors the night after - no video for either party. The video was from around 6am to mid-day.

Cost around 2000 baht I think, certainly very cheap. Included editing, titles, and copies on VCD and DVD. Video quality was not brilliant but it is a terrific memory.

Ours was 18,000 Baht inclusive of morning ceremony and evening reception + video and live guest arrival video (shown on the projection screen in the ballroom) for guests already arrived -this worked out well as filler/entertainment for guests who already arrived and are just waiting for everyone else to arrive-. The photos and guest entry took 2+ hours, so I'm glad the already arrived guests had something to watch while they started to drink themselves silly.

They then edited the footage and put the morning ceremony to a few Thai background songs, and the evening to a western song. Took about 2 more weeks for them to produce it, graphics, fade in's and fade out's... lots of footage of the groom walking real cool-like in slow motion. :D DVD format so it'll last forever. (of course, they were probably saying the same thing about VHS and BETA way back when). Very happy that we have it.

:o