fasting center

troysantos

Oh oh... Here I have to disagree with you 100%. Have you looked at the Nutrition Tables for raw juices? Here's a sample from http://www.myfitnesspal.com:

• Lemon Juice - raw

Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 61, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 21.1g, Protein: 0.9g
  • Orange Juice - raw
  • Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 111.6, Fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 25.8g, Protein: 1.7g
    Grapefruit Juice - raw Pink
  • Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 96.3, Fat: 0.2g, Carbs: 22.7g, Protein: 1.2g
  • Grapefruit Juice - raw White

Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 96.3, Fat: 0.2g, Carbs: 22.7g, Protein: 1.2g
  • Passion-fruit - raw Yellow

Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 148.2, Fat: 0.4g, Carbs: 35.7g, Protein: 1.7g
  • Tangerine Juice - raw
  • Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 106.2, Fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 24.9g, Protein: 1.2g
  • Passion-fruit - raw Purple

Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 126, Fat: 0.1g, Carbs: 33.6g, Protein: 1g
  • Raw Juice: Green Apples, Cucumber, Celery, Ginger Root, Kale
    Serving Size: 1 Cup, Calories: 119, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 22.6g, Protein: 1g
    Carrot Juice - raw
  • Serving Size: 150 ml, Calories: 43, Fat: 0.2g, Carbs: 10.1g, Protein: 1g

The USDA Nutrition Tables show proximately the same numbers, give or take a few calories here and there. Lots of calories in fresh juice. Good thing, too as the body needs calories (read: fuel) to keep itself running right. And they certainly are healthier calories than from Doritos, beer, or a Big Mac, and taste almost as good!

The carbohydrate content of all those drinks is quite high and would not do a diabetic much good at all.

You are absolutely correct. I would think anyone with ANY special dietary requirements would need to follow their own medically prescribed regimen rather than one suggested by On-line health gurus.

Not that easy to get a Medical prescribed regimen here in Chiang Mai. The doctors all know a certain ammount about what you should and should not eat theat refers to every one. But to get a nutrisionest here in Chiang Mai not going to happen. There are none. I was willing to see one if all they could do was speak Thai. I would take the wife along. As is I just listen to the common sense my doctor tells me and I am sure any other doctor would tell me.

Available at any good pharmacy (together with bloodsugar101.com - buy the book!).

img_zpsbdbb2339.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic