Work Permit Expired Today

its my third year renewal for my Non-O visa and they gave me one month under consideration. Did the paperwork at the immigration last week. Original visa was to expire today 7th april and the same goes for my work permit. Problem is that i forgot about the work permit. Just remembered while driving back home today.

things to consider, yesterday was a public holiday, tomorrow is saturday. so basically i missed it by not renewing today and have to wait till monday. really stupid thing to do but what am i gonna be facing when i go to the labor department on monday? do i have apply for the permit all over again or is it gonna come with a hefty fine? on the permit it says fine not exceeding 5,000 or 3 months jail or both. ######. has anyone been in his situation? what is the likely outcome?

please help explain guys. hate to be paying so much as the next few months, it would be 800 baht for dont know how many months till i get my 1 year visa(if i do).

...on the permit it says fine not exceeding 5,000 or 3 months jail or both....

... can only comment on this part... You are not violating any law merely by not renewing your WP. The fine/jail applies if you continue working after expiry - have a nice weekend at the beach or keep a low profile.

...on the permit it says fine not exceeding 5,000 or 3 months jail or both....

... can only comment on this part... You are not violating any law merely by not renewing your WP. The fine/jail applies if you continue working after expiry - have a nice weekend at the beach or keep a low profile.

well i want to renew my work permit for sure. tomorrow labor dept. is closed or open ? just wondering how much they would fine me. the other thing that i am totally afraid off is that i might need to redo all my paperwork for my work permit. i paid 6000 first time i did it to some lawyer. the other problem is that my visa is currently under consideration. definetly wanna renew it and get it back on track with my visa. just late by a day.

If I were you, I'd try my best not to worry about it. It sounds as an open question, that can't be answered with certainty - in either direction - by others than the guys at your local employment office. Nothing you can do until you've talked with them.

I might add: I - for one - would be very interested in hearing about the outcome of your meeting with the guys at the employment office. Please, keep us posted.

they are closed today. wife called them up and told them the situation, they said come monday early morning. didn't say more than that. will keep you guys posted. but if anyone has been in this situation, please let us (me) know how much fine or whats the likely outcome.

They can easily fix this on Monday morning without any penalty. Labour Department is nice guys! A few days late is not a big deal for them.

george yes thats what i think too. cause when my wife spoke to them, they didnt sound like it was a big problem. thanks for the reply though. kind of relief after rishi and u both replied. will let you guys know the outcome on monday.

groo

They can easily fix this on Monday morning without any penalty. Labour Department is nice guys! A few days late is not a big deal for them.

George,

They may be nice Guys and they are, but the odds are VERY high that he will need to do the paperwork for a brand new work permit.

I was aware of only one case, that they took compassion and it was after the person throwing themselves at the feet of the Labor Dept and pleading. It took hours to move all the previous days work permits issued up a number so that this work permit could be issued on the correct day without it being expired.

Other cases, they simply said " Sorry"

It won't hurt to try but the facts are, he gets the extension, he was lucky.

www.lawyer.th.com

George,

They may be nice Guys and they are, but the odds are VERY high that he will need to do the paperwork for a brand new work permit.

I was aware of only one case, that they took compassion and it was after the person throwing themselves at the feet of the Labor Dept and pleading. It took hours to move all the previous days work permits issued up a number so that this work permit could be issued on the correct day without it being expired.

Other cases, they simply said " Sorry"

It won't hurt to try but the facts are, he gets the extension, he was lucky.

www.lawyer.th.com

oh well. if they can't renew it, then id just do a new work permit i guess. i have always gone back to them on my own for my renewals. if its a new permit, then let it be. i'll have the papers ready. anyone know how much it cost for a new permit? if i go there on my own and do it?

anyone know how much it cost for a new permit?

I surmise you have gotten the new stamp on your extension of stay from Immigration on the 7th. If it is a year, the work permit will be 3,100 Baht. If it is another one month under consideration from Immigration, it will be 850 Baht.

The downside if its a new work permit, you can't legally be working while they are processing the application.

www.lawyer.th.com

anyone know how much it cost for a new permit?

I surmise you have gotten the new stamp on your extension of stay from Immigration on the 7th. If it is a year, the work permit will be 3,100 Baht. If it is another one month under consideration from Immigration, it will be 850 Baht.

The downside if its a new work permit, you can't legally be working while they are processing the application.

www.lawyer.th.com

yes i have a 1 month under consideration. i wont be working for that period under process. it would be 850, that much i knew but i still don;t know how much to start it all over again. i do recall paying some lawyer 6000 which included the first stamps on the permit. don';t know how much of the 6000 was fees to the lawyers though.