'Trayvon Martin could have been me' - Barack Obama

webfact

I think you misunderstood my post. It is like too many posters want to look good on the forum by defending Trayvon Martin, while if they were in Zimmerman's situation they may have had not the same comments.

Zimmerman did some very obnoxious things and he carries culpability for the death of that boy. The gun. The stalking. The not backing off. And who knows what else he did to PROVOKE the boy he was harassing.

I think we're still not on the same frequency.

Let's compare it to a day to day situation in real life, here in Thailand.

I don't want to insinuate you are a racist and neither am I.

You walk through a dark abandoned soi in Pattaya in the middle of the night.

Situation 1 : In the middle of the soi you meet a young Thai guy " acting strange ".

Situation 2 : In the middle of that soi you meet a young western guy " acting strange "

Will you have the same thoughts about what is going on in both situations ?

HONEST answers on a postcard please.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Refer to the witness of the girl on the phone with Trayvon before he was murdered. He felt harassed and chased by Zimmerman. He had no idea who Zimmerman was. That's the evidence.

I see there are mass protests now to bring Zimmerman up on federal civil rights charges. I see no problem in a complete investigation to see if the charges are legally justified and also reasonably winnable. That's a fair demand. But it's not a fair demand to insist on the charges if they don't have the evidence.

The best bet against Zimmerman was already blown and that was the manslaughter charge. They clearly overcharged from the start.

Neither did Zimmerman knew who Trayvon was.

Yeah this same girl also told Trayvon Martin not to confront George Zimmerman. The very same girl who in an interview after the verdict said she believed Trayvon Martin threw the first punch. If Martin had headed home and called the police, he'd be alive today. He confronted Zimmerman, beat him up then got shot because Zimmerman feared for his life.

Refer to the witness of the girl on the phone with Trayvon before he was murdered. He felt harassed and chased by Zimmerman. He had no idea who Zimmerman was. That's the evidence.

• Like 2

I see there are mass protests now to bring Zimmerman up on federal civil rights charges. I see no problem in a complete investigation to see if the charges are legally justified and also reasonably winnable. That's a fair demand. But it's not a fair demand to insist on the charges if they don't have the evidence.

The best bet against Zimmerman was already blown and that was the manslaughter charge. They clearly overcharged from the start.

Right. But Zimmerman was carrying a gun and the dead boy wasn't. Turns out Zimmerman was the one out looking for trouble that night, not the murder victim.

The president's remarks:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/politics/obama-tryavon-martin-could-have-been-me-35-years-ago/2013/07/19/1bd5fa26-f09b-11e2-9008-61e94a7ea20d_video.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Mass protests? So it's okay to allow mob rule?

Winnable? Good luck even bringing up charges. The FBI found no evidence that this was a racially motivated attack. Zimmerman took a black girl to the prom, tutored black kids, helped some black homeless guy and voted for Obama. Yeah there will be no problem to bring him up on civil rights charges because he's obviously a racist.

• Like 1

Right. But Zimmerman was carrying a gun and the dead boy wasn't. Turns out Zimmerman was the one out looking for trouble that night, not the murder victim.

The president's remarks:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/politics/obama-tryavon-martin-could-have-been-me-35-years-ago/2013/07/19/1bd5fa26-f09b-11e2-9008-61e94a7ea20d_video.html

The fact that Zimmerman was carrying a gun has nothing to do with this, as it was a coincidence that he was licensed to carry a gun whare the victim wasn't.

The Presidents remarks. You think a President can't be prejudiced ? He's supposed not to be, but after all he's a human of flesh and blood.

Did you miss my question to you in a post a few minutes earlier or do you just avoid to answer it as the included HONEST answers require some more time to think.

Edited by jbrain

Protest have a proven track record of forcing change, My President Obama knows who votes for him and it is not the repugs,

Protest was responsible for the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution!

Cheers:clap2.gif

The president's remarks:

Did you read it? Obama didn't spoke of murder. A BM already highlighted the essential parts of what Obama had said. Read it!

It is revealing of the mean spirited visceral hatred that some people haven't bothered to either listen or read the POTUS comments. He supported the judicial system,

"The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The juries were properly instructed that in a case such as this, reasonable doubt was relevant, and they rendered a verdict. And once the jurys spoken, thats how our system works."

President Obama is "Honest" he is well informed of the miscarriage of justice in the history of the US.

The only change is the name of the child that was murdered in the 50's it was 14 year old "Emmett Till".

Today it is i7 year old Trayvon Martin.

Cheers:tongue.png

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

The president's remarks:

Did you read it? Obama didn't spoke of murder. A BM already highlighted the essential parts of what Obama had said. Read it!

It is revealing of the mean spirited visceral hatred that some people haven't bothered to either listen or read the POTUS comments. He supported the judicial system,

"The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The juries were properly instructed that in a case such as this, reasonable doubt was relevant, and they rendered a verdict. And once the jurys spoken, thats how our system works."

Watch the entire speech. That was only the introduction.

Some of the unenlightened, or the don't give hoot's will attempt to soil the President grasp of the problems facing the movement towards progress in the US.

One is the problem of the mentally ill in the U S allowed to legally carry guns, like Zimmerman.

• Like 1

You should also be disappointed at this president for not really giving two sh%ts about blacks who kill blacks on a daily basis but goes all sentimental when a non black kills a black.

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin." Puke!

Hmmm so Trayvon Martin could have been president Obama 35 years ago. Does that mean Mr Obama was also suspended from school and had been involved in drug taking and potentially dealing too? Of course we shall never know as Obama has sealed all records relating to his past, which makes them one of the few places the NSA and FBI don't monitor, Mosques being the other exception.

Without getting into details, it is public knowledge that if Obama had been CAUGHT during his naughty youth phase of illegal drug involvement, he would not only never have been president, he would more likely had been a felon on the early death road like so many other young African Americans. Given this reality, I am very disappointed that Obama has not shown more leadership on the issue of drug laws and how the laws ruin many more lives than the drugs.

Black on black violence is being dealt with by the black community itself, slowly and gradually because it's something the black community itself can do something about.

White on black violence is beyond the control of the black community and thus is the real big deal.

Edited by Scott

Many bad mouth and disrespect our President Barrack H. Obama because he is (Oh My God a Black President).

But the thing you are going to have to get used to, is he is the first of many (Oh My Gods) that will be elected in the U.S.

As the number of (Minorities) grow, and team up with free thinking (Anglo) Americans.

The tide of Public opinion and new power base, is changing the U.S. to a more better Union.

Cheers:smile.png

• Like 1

They're dealing with it? They don't seem to be doing a good job. But when it's a non black killing a white, they sure do a good job making a lot of noise!

Obama does and says nothing to curb black on black violence but he sure sheds a lot of tears when it's non black on white. Reverse racism, that's what it is.

You should also be disappointed at this president for not really giving two sh%ts about blacks who kill blacks on a daily basis but goes all sentimental when a non black kills a black.

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin." Puke!

Hmmm so Trayvon Martin could have been president Obama 35 years ago. Does that mean Mr Obama was also suspended from school and had been involved in drug taking and potentially dealing too? Of course we shall never know as Obama has sealed all records relating to his past, which makes them one of the few places the NSA and FBI don't monitor, Mosques being the other exception.

Without getting into details, it is public knowledge that if Obama had been CAUGHT during his naughty youth phase of illegal drug involvement, he would not only never have been president, he would more likely had been a felon on the early death road like so many other young African Americans. Given this reality, I am very disappointed that Obama has not shown more leadership on the issue of drug laws and how the laws ruin many more lives than the drugs.

Black on black violence is being dealt with by the black community itself, slowly and gradually because it's something the black community itself can do something about.

White on black violence is beyond the control of the black community and thus is the real big deal.

I think you misunderstood my post. It is like too many posters want to look good on the forum by defending Trayvon Martin, while if they were in Zimmerman's situation they may have had not the same comments.

Zimmerman did some very obnoxious things and he carries culpability for the death of that boy. The gun. The stalking. The not backing off. And who knows what else he did to PROVOKE the boy he was harassing.

I'm sure it ain't easy to back off with someone on top of you smashing your head into the ground. While tragic, the fact is TM was stupid to fight the stranger behind him. According to his girlfriend on the phone at the time, he thought he was being followed by a homosexual predator and probably thought it would be easy to kick his butt. So instead of being accused of a hate crime against gays, TM is being made into an innocent boy who was harming no one when he was killed. Ironic, innit?

EDIT - It was Jeantel who told Martin that the guy following him might be a "gay rapist". So TM was going back to bash.

Edited by mopar71
  • Like 1

President Obama is "Honest" he is well informed of the miscarriage of justice in the history of the US.

The only change is the name of the child that was murdered in the 50's it was 14 year old "Emmett Till".

To compare Trayvon and Emmett Till is offensive to mankind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was an African-American boy who was murdered in Mississippi at the age of 14 after reportedly flirting with a white woman. Till was from Chicago, Illinois, visiting his relatives in Money, Mississippi, in the Mississippi Delta region, when he spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn Bryant, the married proprietor of a small grocery store there. Several nights later, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J. W. Milam arrived at Till's great-uncle's house where they took Till, transported him to a barn, beat him and gouged out one of his eyes, before shooting him through the head and disposing of his body in the Tallahatchie River, weighting it with a 70-pound (32 kg) cotton gin fan tied around his neck with barbed wire. His body was discovered and retrieved from the river three days later.

Edited by mopar71

Bama sees only black or white and ignores that Hispanics suffer more discrimination than blacks at the present. This is is reverse racism. Arguing Hispanic is just white sees things as Bama, only black or white. That by definition is racism and ignores that Hispanic is a protected class and they are protected for a reason.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/583538

US society, laws, has has provided blacks every opportunity, more opportunity than Hispanics, to get their shit together and even gave them a black president, yet look at the crime rate, graduation rate and etc. Hispanics have serious obstacles and graduation rates below that of blacks, yet no one is rallying for them and they are not burning the streets and looting Walmart. I don't hear the president lobbying for them.

I as a "BROWN" Hispanic, find your argument irrelevant, as your purpose attempts to use the Browns against the Black, to further your agenda.

The problems that you state, high dropout' rates, lack of opportunity, crime, lack of jobs, broken Educational system, does not lend itself for these community to change. It is the federal government that can make the changes in the law to meet the needs of all the people in The US, Brown, Black. White, Native American, The United states is made up of all the races in the world and all deserve an equal opportunity.

The case of the killing of Trayvon Martin and the acquittal of Zimmerman, is a classic case of what is wrong with the United States, A young black child who should have the basic freedom and right to walk down a street in the US. without being profiled, tracked and murdered by the Zimmerman"s of the world and then seek justice for his murder, in the Justice system of the US tried by an all white jury, and the victim is found to have cause his own death.His family is dragged though the cesspool of the U.S. justice system. where he is vilified.

How many Hispanic have a white judge as a father and that father can pick up a phone and say, don't charge my son. and the police let him go.

Zimmerman may have a trace of Hispanic blood, but he only claims to be Hispanic to prove he is not racist,

I have a trace of Irish blood but that does not make Irish.

Obama is right and regardless of your color, you have to grow up on our side of the tracks to understand the difference.

Cheers:wai2.gif

Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was an African-American boy who was murdered in Mississippi at the age of 14 after reportedly flirting with a white woman. Till was from Chicago, Illinois, visiting his relatives in Money, Mississippi, in the Mississippi Delta region, when he spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn Bryant, the married proprietor of a small grocery store there. Several nights later, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J. W. Milam arrived at Till's great-uncle's house where they took Till, transported him to a barn, beat him and gouged out one of his eyes, before shooting him through the head and disposing of his body in the Tallahatchie River, weighting it with a 70-pound (32 kg) cotton gin fan tied around his neck with barbed wire. His body was discovered and retrieved from the river three days later.

I was in Louisiana when Emmett was dragged out of his Uncles house in the middle of the night and murdered, for as was stated at that time for a" wolf whistle", that males make when they see a nice looking women.

Emmett paid for that wolf whistle with his life.

The only people that comparison is offensive to is the Jim Crows of the world.

Emmett may he rest in peace, just for the simple gesture of whistling at a white women in the South in 1955 lost his life.

Trayvon Martin, simply was walking home in a mostly white gated community in the same South and died for no other reason then Zimmerman's profiling, tracking, and murdered him.

That is all he did, all of the Zimmerman's lies and the Southern Police force just turned their eyes from the truth just like in 1955.

Nothing has change, if you are offended by the true, Well I just do not care!

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Emmett Till was helpless when they kidnapped and murdered him.

Trayvon Martin attacked and beat up George Zimmerman before Zimmerman shot and killed him in self defense.

Yeah both cases are obviously the same.

Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 August 28, 1955) was an African-American boy who was murdered in Mississippi at the age of 14 after reportedly flirting with a white woman. Till was from Chicago, Illinois, visiting his relatives in Money, Mississippi, in the Mississippi Delta region, when he spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn Bryant, the married proprietor of a small grocery store there. Several nights later, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J. W. Milam arrived at Till's great-uncle's house where they took Till, transported him to a barn, beat him and gouged out one of his eyes, before shooting him through the head and disposing of his body in the Tallahatchie River, weighting it with a 70-pound (32 kg) cotton gin fan tied around his neck with barbed wire. His body was discovered and retrieved from the river three days later.

I was in Louisiana when Emmett was dragged out of his Uncles house in the middle of the night and murdered, for as was stated at that time for a" wolf whistle", that males make when they see a nice looking women.

Emmett paid for that wolf whistle with his life.

The only people that comparison is offensive to is the Jim Crows of the world.

Emmett may he rest in peace, just for the simple gesture of whistling at a white women in the South in 1955 lost his life.

Trayvon Martin, simply was walking home in a mostly white gated community in the same South and died for no other reason then Zimmerman's profiling, tracking, and murdered him.

That is all he did, all of the Zimmerman's lies and the Southern Police force just turned their eyes from the truth just like in 1955.

Nothing has change, if you are offended by the true, Well I just do not care!

• Like 2

Jingthing or any other Trayvon defender, why you avoid answering my easy question in post #126.

Can't be that you're afraid losing your credibility as defender of the realm on this forum

I will answer you post just once as I can see by the profoundness of you question and as one who believes in justice for Trayvon, that you are a Troll, no substance that a normal person would find any need to answer!

Now I am going tp lose all my credibility.Tee Hee

• Like 1

Zimmerman is Hispanic, not white. English is his second language. Your whole premise is very flawed.

What language do they speak in Manassas, Virginia then?

George was an altar boy when he was young. He spoke English and Spanish, read the liturgy in both languages, and Spanish was the primary language at home

I was an alter boy in my youth, the liturgy i read was in Latin. Now you are an expert on Hispanic's, for your information Hispanic's were known as Caucasian until the middle of the Vietnam war, when the U.S government classified all Caucasian Latinos as Hispanic. As there are millions of Black Hispanic's in the world that were brought over to the New World as slaves. Hence the Hispanic are classified as Hispanic's and Black Hispanic's. For those of the Hispanic culture who are Black .Not as you say not white, not Black but Hispanic, Zimmerman as a White Hispanic is a member of the Anglo culture that has a drop or two of Hispanic blood.

That only means again that your logic is wrong, but you are one that has failed to understand the difference.

Cheers:biggrin.png

Obama says Trayvon Martin could have been him 35 years ago? I sorely wish it had been.

I am reading that as a wish that our U.S. president had been murdered 35 years ago. Please confirm. If so, that's about an extreme as expression of Obama Derangement Syndrome as you're likely to find.

Is that any worse than Zimmerman Derangement Syndrome?

As I cited on another thread, it seems many American right wing Obama haters are imagining the murdered boy Martin as a proxy for Obama. They lost two elections, they can't kill Obamacare, but they feel that Zimmerman getting away with murdering a boy Obama relates to as a win for their side. It seems sick to me.

That anyone could even concoct a convolution like that seems sick to me... Why is it worse to have so much hatred for your fellow Americans than to have it for Obama?

• Like 1

Some of the unenlightened, or the don't give hoot's will attempt to soil the President grasp of the problems facing the movement towards progress in the US.

One is the problem of the mentally ill in the U S allowed to legally carry guns, like Zimmerman.

I think a bigger problem is the mentally ill having access to both a keyboard and a forum with which to spread their mental illness. Perhaps I just mentally ill for reading such none sense and actually bothering to respond like it makes any difference in anything.

• Like 2

I would love to see the demographics, educational levels, work history, family history and income levels of those on both sides of this argument. There is something very interesting at play here driving the emotional intensity of this argument.

But: I am not asking anyone these questions or suggesting anyone disclose anything. I am just curious what motivates people's decisions and views.

Edited by F430murci

Some posts containing inflammatory baiting and insulting name calling comments toward opposing member's points of view have been removed. If you're going to refer to past US Presidents, spell their names correctly as well, or you post(s) will simply vanish.

I was an alter boy in my youth, the liturgy i read was in Latin.

So was I, but that just makes us old. The mass has not been in Latin for many decades. Zimmerman's mother is from Peru and he grew up speaking Spanish in his home. He is Hispanic.

Edited by Ulysses G.