Healthy Check Up Program

hellohello

Its about time we got a full heath check up. I noticed many good hospitals run such programs. Anyone care to share what was there experience with this kind of health check up. Prices seem to vary too. Interested in bangkok or Phuket areas.

I am female 43 y/o

Hubby is 38 y/o

Thanks for your help. HH

I'd be interested too, I haven't had a checkup in ages and am headed up to BKK later this month. Wouldn't mind getting my cholestorol tested etc.

What hospitals are you looking at hellohello?

many hospitals offer such packages.

i did mine at bummers a while ago and found it to be fast and very efficient. if there are any extras you wish to add, they will do so for you at an additional fee. i got all of my results on the same day in a little bound booklet.

i believe samitivej, BNH also do this. you just need to check on their websites to see prices before heading in.

I did mine in Bumrungrad last October. It was very crowded (seemed like national arab check-up day :o) but their conveyor belt system was pretty efficient and they have lots of staff so I didn't really have to wait for anything.

I did have to come back the next day to get my results, would have preferred it on the same day.

I have not used the health check up programs as under treatment for the normal "older folks" hyper tension/gout/lipids and eye problems but have had good experience at Vejthani for doctor directed tests (blood ready in an hour or so). The check up program is run on top floor and very nice atmosphere. Believe this hospital is a little lower in price than the "B" group but more convenient to those of us in the NE suburbs than downtown.

In have used both Bumrungrad and Samitivej. Samitivej is far, far better. Bumrungrad is an assembley line designed to impress but the actual interpretation of results is extremely cursory; the doctors routinely miss things or dismiss abnormal findings too readily. In samitivej, by contrast, the interpretation part is lengthy, thoughtful, interactive and thorough.

For example, I have has a slightly abnormal elevation in my liver enzymes for several years running. Doc in Bumrungrad didn't even mention it to me and in the report just wrote "don't drink alcohol" when I had already said, in my history, that I don't drink at all. In samitivej, the doc immediately spotted it, questions me at length, orderd additional tests and further discussed those results with me. She also (I had Dr. Anchanee -- very thorough) called up my previous years results on the computer to compare. Another time, I( brought the son of a Cambodian friend in. The doc completely missed an abnormally high uric acid -- which is probably a side effect of medication the boy is taking -- I spotted it when I went over the labs myself later (I'm a nurse).

In my mind, no comparison, and I plan to use Samitivej exclusively. Prices are about the same. By the way, the packages can be modified to add or omit tests. Women in particular may need to request addition of a thin prep and mammogram.

I did at Bumrungrad a year ago. It was 12K baht, 2 hours, voucher for lunch downstairs and then the doctor delivered a laminated report and 15 minutes commentary.

As I have no health issues, it was what I expected to see.

IMO, any hospital could do that, if the price is of any consideration.

Wife had to miss a mandatory checkup at her Uni, she did it later at the Samitivej and it was accepted.

When I had to visit a doctor in Japan, showed him the report and he was happy to use it and spare me of many tests.

My corporate insurance refunded both the checkups (wife's and mine) in full.