22 hurt in Pranburi bus crash

webfact

22 hurt in bus crash
The Nation

30210973-01_big.jpg

PRANBURI: -- More than 20 passengers were injured when a bus en route from Bangkok to Phang-Nga overshot a curve and crashed into a road barrier in Pranburi in Prachuap Khiri Khan province yesterday.

Some 22 passengers including the driver were sent for emergency medical treatment at Pranburi and Thanarat hospitals. Three were sent to Hua Hin and San Paolo hospitals. Two of injured were Chinese tourists. No fatalities were reported.

Pranburi police superintendent Colonel Wanchai Taranadhram said the driver might have fallen asleep while driving the bus, owned by Express Company, at high speed and in the wrong lane. Police would investigate to find out the cause of the accident.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-23

Holy cow.

2 crashes within 24 hours of each other.

And I am taking a few days out of Bkk, leaving this afternoon - going to see my mate in Ban Chang, hit the beach. Me? I thought I would hop the minivan at Victory Monument, and "roll the dice". Last time in a minivan was 4 years ago and swore I would never do it again.

• Like 1

i had an operation in bangkok, gf and i got private taxi to take us to pattaya, taxi driver drives at 80k on freeway then speed dropped down to 50 k, this happened a few times before we realised the driver was falling asleep, we told him to stop then i took over driving

• Like 1

You would think that the owners of the buses would be a little more concerned about bad drivers and poor maintenance on their buses. Has to cost a few baht to fix or replace a smashed up bus not to mention the infamous reputation being developed. Can you imagine the big boss talking to his drivers and saying, ok look this new bus cost 10 million baht, now drive the shit out of it because I only need it to last 2 years. Thailand the hub of good business models ... whistling.gif

i had an operation in bangkok, gf and i got private taxi to take us to pattaya, taxi driver drives at 80k on freeway then speed dropped down to 50 k, this happened a few times before we realised the driver was falling asleep, we told him to stop then i took over driving

Had the same thing happen to me... twice... First time we just left bkk and travelling to Chonburi and we all fell asleep in the back... I woke up for some weird reason and noticed that the driver was also asleep and we where just rolling....

Second time I was on the way to the airport at 5am and the driver fell asleep, hit the curb, launched us into the air and we hit a bridge....

<deleted>... Passengers are entitled to some sort of care... The people responsible are not the police, but the Government who set down policies that companies and police must abide by. It is also quite apparent that the police are not really police but thugs, so the Government needs to remove that and replace them with a new, better paid group of people called Law Enforcement Offers.... as the word Police in Thailand means jack sh$T

• Like 1

Holy cow.

And I am taking a few days out of Bkk, leaving this afternoon - going to see my mate in Ban Chang, hit the beach. Me? I thought I would hop the minivan at Victory Monument, and "roll the dice". Last time in a minivan was 4 years ago and swore I would never do it again.

NOTHING is safe to move your ass around in Thailand !! If you want to arrive save in Ban Chang, better take the slow speeding train from BKK to Sattahip and there you can jump on a local songtaew...

Will take you up to 4 hours but hey... at least you will survive !

• Like 1

My Thai wife tailgates all the time...and responds to my complaints saying..."is the Thai way"....A French friend of us..do exactly the same saying........." is the French way".....and I know it is not different with Italians and Russians...Thai drivers are not the only ones....

I am an American.......drive in Thailand?..."no way!".......but I have to be the "copilot"..and I will die of a heart attack anytime....

My Thai wife tailgates all the time...and responds to my complaints saying..."is the Thai way"....A French friend of us..do exactly the same saying........." is the French way".....and I know it is not different with Italians and Russians...Thai drivers are not the only ones....

I am an American.......drive in Thailand?..."no way!".......but I have to be the "copilot"..and I will die of a heart attack anytime....

Get yourself a horse or elephant to move your butt around and let the wife do the tail gating all by herself... no worries anymore for a heart attack... biggrin.png

If I was in their car I would hit your Thai and your French so badly that I am sure that they would never do it again... if they could ever drive again.

A mate of mine has a Thai wife who always tailgates . She justifies it by saying the car in front is driving too slow.

Now that is Thai logic !

Holy cow.

Use Nakorn Chai Air. They have VERY strict rules for their drivers and schedules.

Holy cow.

Use Nakorn Chai Air. They have VERY strict rules for their drivers and schedules.

AND, they also have accidents. You have been lucky so far... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Holy cow.

AND, they also have accidents. You have been lucky so far... coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

John,

Do you have any stats or figures for Nakornchai Air? Not flaming or slagging you, just curious as from what I hear, NChai Air is safe. I rarely take buses and Thai Airways Intl.

Holy cow.

AND, they also have accidents. You have been lucky so far... coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

John,

Do you have any stats or figures for Nakornchai Air? Not flaming or slagging you, just curious as from what I hear, NChai Air is safe. I rarely take buses and Thai Airways Intl.

Stats?

not likely in Thailand.

But anyone who has ridden long haul buses will tell you that the super VIP high end buses are only a couple companies and NCA is one. Their seats are more bigger than some business class airlines, they have personal movies (I saw western films with English soundtraks) and the driver introduces himself and gives his name etc. The bus I was on did not speed and at the half way point we stopped for the obligatory khao tom and when we returned the new driver introduced himself. (it was a long enough drive where they used 2 drivers).

I used to scoff at the buses. I would never take the bus anywhere - drive myself or fly. But after that experience, I would take the Super VIP bus again. NCA or the other one.

Of course you can never avoid the other idiots on the road that can crash into you at any moment, but these are good companies.

Holy cow.

Not me man never, death traps

If I was in their car I would hit your Thai and your French so badly that I am sure that they would never do it again... if they could ever drive again.

When someone tailgates me its usually a mini van, I simply slow down gradually and leave no room for them to pass me on the inside, works a treat

When someone tailgates me its usually a mini van, I simply slow down gradually and leave no room for them to pass me on the inside, works a treat

The old trick years ago for tailgaters is you move slightly off the road and kick up stones , so they are virtually eating your dust. With the verge lane in Thailand this is difficult but it will work in some areas and you can always say you moved to the left to let them pass.