Can You Suggest The Best Place To Buy A PC Monitor?

TingTong187

I am looking for a 24" monitor similar to this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S240HLbid-widescreen-monitor-Backlight/dp/B005QVZ79C/

I have tried the following places:

Powerbuy/Bannana IT in Central - Not a great selection & overpriced

Tukcom - Better selection but don't totally trust the place

Big C Extra Klang - Biggest monitor they do is 23"

Where has the best choice for computer monitors?

Thanks in advance smile.png

Well, Tukcom definitely has the best concentration of computer vendors in the city. To say you don't trust the entire building isn't logical to me. Each vendor is largely independent and run by a person who either has or doesn't have good business scruples.

Perhaps you should ask for recommendations about a good and reliable Tukcom vendor rather than damning the whole place. Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded anything on my computer in ages, so I don't know who's good and who's bad at Tukcom these days.

Have u tried the new electrical shop on Pattaya klang,before Foodland,coming in from sukhumvit.Also Liberty computers on 3rd rd north,a few hundred meters after turning left off Klang,coming from beach rd.The owner,Steve,IS a good guy and very professional.

PowerBuy will be fine, not cheap but not overpriced either. Cheap Charlie, are you?

At Tukcom, be sure try IT City on the 5th floor. Nationwide, publicly listed, with a service dept.

As far as I'm concerned JIB are the only shop worth bothering with in TukCom, or the whole of Pattaya (and probably Thailand) for that matter. In the shop they display prices for screens up to 27in but the ones over 23in may be to order.

http://www.jib.co.th/

I purchased my large monitor in the UK and brought it back in my checked baggage. It cost me about 70% of what it would have cost here, even with the VAT at 20% there instead of 7% here. I did the same thing for just about all the rest of my PC also. IT shops in Thailand tend to be way overpriced and offer hardly any choice.

Are you a profesional? If you want professional proiducts like Thinkpads or a Dell U2713HD Moinitor

then there is no choice but to go to Bangkok..

I fyou just a want a big montor to watch movies on then there may be some reasonable choices here.

Well, Tukcom definitely has the best concentration of computer vendors in the city. To say you don't trust the entire building isn't logical to me. Each vendor is largely independent and run by a person who either has or doesn't have good business scruples.

Perhaps you should ask for recommendations about a good and reliable Tukcom vendor rather than damning the whole place. Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded anything on my computer in ages, so I don't know who's good and who's bad at Tukcom these days.

HMMM - IMHO this is wrong headed. Most flat screen TVs are built with monitor connectivity.

As I am near sighted (short sighteed for the English), I wanted a large monitor, which I quickly discovered cost almost the same price as a TV. So I bought an "In House" TV on sale (much cheaper than a monitor) and have been using it as my monitor for most of this year - excellent - clear as a bell...

HMMM - IMHO this is wrong headed. Most flat screen TVs are built with monitor connectivity.

As I am near sighted (short sighteed for the English), I wanted a large monitor, which I quickly discovered cost almost the same price as a TV. So I bought an "In House" TV on sale (much cheaper than a monitor) and have been using it as my monitor for most of this year - excellent - clear as a bell...

What the.....?

I really don't see any association between my post and your reply.

However, if I'm wrong about Tukcom having the best concentration of vendors, please let me know where there's more of them all together in Pattaya.