Thai Wife To Uk

Im about to book my mrs an internal thai flight followed by an onward journey to the uk

and just come across this in the terms and conditions

is this true?

4.6 Cash/Credit Card

Thailand

The Thai Immigration requires all Thai citizens leaving Thailand to have a minimum of THB 20,000 or a credit card with them, failing which the check-in counter will not issue a boarding pass.

it also goes on to state they need a return ticket

now they have got me confused again!!!!

wifey has the settlement visa and obviously wont be returning for a while

any knowledge would help

thanks again

<deleted>

heres the link http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp?re...velRequirements

Edited by fook

The credit card/money requirement is outdated. I don't think that anyone would check for this now. I've never been asked for this in all my years of traveling. People with settlement visas do not need to have a return ticket. However, it may be cheaper to buy a return ticket if they plan to return for a holiday within a year.

We've never been asked to show this when leaving Thailand. All the check in staff have wanted to see is that my wife has a visa for the UK.

As Vinny says, the information must be out of date.

But then again, we have never travelled with Air Asia. Maybe you should check with them and tell them that their information is out of date.

Edited by GU22

Hi, we have just done exactly what you are planning to do now, we flew with Air Asia from Ubon Ratchathani, to Bangkok and then on to England using Thai airlines one way, we had no problems at all, the tickets were issued for the flights with no checks to see have much money my wife had, so i think the same will be for you.

hello

As vinny,gu22and the rock quote you do not need money on credit card they only need to see that you have visa, the information is out of date. and they do not need a return ticket. my wife was only asked to show visa when leaving Thailand. all the best

Edited by cuddleypete