Crashed Honda Click, Need some advice

any1willdo

Ok I have a late 2012 Honda Click, and over the weekend my girlfriend had a nasty run in with a taxi, the resulting accident was bad enough toput her in hospital. Anyway the bike has sustained quite a bit of damage to the front right side fairing, the bike still starts and ride and all the lights work, but the headlight cluster and the fairing all the way aroundto the key and smashed.

The advice I would like is, does anyone know of a place that can repair such damage, as I know they are probably all over BKK, but I don't speak thai and the couple of places I have been they just look at me like I have just landed from Mars. I am in the Thong Lo part of town.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

post-179238-0-24301000-1374773095_thumb.

post-179238-0-63105500-1374773150_thumb.

post-179238-0-65028600-1374773220_thumb.

post-179238-0-71341600-1374773252_thumb.

That's an easy fix, even if the forks are bent. Had some forks straightened locally here in Pattaya and can't fault the job. A rule of thumb is 1,000 baht per piece of plastic - not sure about the gauges etc.

You don't need to talk much Thai. And as the post above says, consult your local taxi driver as they are THE most informed and connected blokes in Thailand for this sort of thing (if you want a left handed whatsaname for a thingamagig, they know where to go).

Give him a tip for his time and he'll also get a kickback from his "cousin" that he recommends to repair it. Be careful you don't get ripped off - go to a Honda Dealer yourself and try and price the most expensive parts for a comparison.

If you want to do it yourself, all you need to know is:

"Can you fix this bike?" "som motosai dai mai na kap"

"How much?" "tow rai kap"

"How long to fix?" "som motosai naan mai kap"

Suss out a place where there are a few places in the same location and if the bike isn't rideable, throw it in the back of a song teaow for a few hundred baht.

Hope the GF is OK and back on her feet soon. smile.png

Edited by Gsxrnz

Hello,

The best advise anyone can give you is to take the bike to one of the 100's of Honda Authorised Service Centers. They are all over the place, They are usually cheaper than the dodgy little garages set up using fake parts, and the bike will be checked by someone who knows what they are doing.

Hope I have been of some help, and good luck having your bike repaired.

• 1 month later...