60,000 Breast Enhancements, The Busiest Man In Thailand.

theblether

Is The Doctor a Hero or Villain?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An interesting report today on the BBC website about a surgeon from Bangkok, Dr Thep Vejvisith, who has performed 60,000 breast enlargement operations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22815143

I'm not sure if he's a hero or villain. Regarding female enhancement I think he's interfering with nature and adding the pressure on others to conform, and I know a couple of Thai women that have chronic pain from enlargements. They are paying the price for vanity.

I do however realize that not having breasts can have a serious emotional impact on women too, so I can see why having surgery would assist in their overall self worth and well being.

But then, this guy is also responsible for leading us down the garden path when some curvaceous Ladyboy makes an appearance full if feminine guile and imminent danger. We now know who to blame for confusing us. annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

It's just not fair, every woman knows just about any man will regress a million years in the evolutionary cycle when confronted with a Monroesque cleavage.

I think he has a case to answer......Hero? Or Villain? whistling.gif

• Like 1

it really had to depends. does he blindly promote enhancements or mislead information to the patient? does he clearly explain all the possible risk and consequences to potential patients?

personally, I would be worried that the surgeon was over busy and liable to rush through the operation. Plus if he's that busy, you would need to wonder what the cleaning regime is like between operations. It seems more like a factory set up that medical.

60,000 procedures but how many unique patients?

The (US) FDA reported that these local complications often require repeat surgery within 10 years after the original implant surgery:

http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/20110622

• 20% to 40% of women who had breast enlargement surgery with silicone implants required repeat surgery within 10 years after the original surgery.

• 40% to 70% of women who had breast reconstruction surgery with silicone implants required repeat surgery within 10 years after the original surgery.