Flower and Big Bill have landed ! For those who asked?

TheWizardofRnR

Best wishes.

Gee, there are a lot of Phuketians moving to Pattaya.  Just last week, yet another friend of mine announced they would be moving to Pattaya, shortly. 

Lets be honest, it's more of a downgrade than upgrade.
  • Like 1

Congratulations on the move! I think you made a great move. You're not right in Pattaya. Far enough away to escape from it and close enough to get the things you need. The rent seems like a good price and the non-slip tile floor in the bathroom is great. I've seen too many of those tiles that become ice skating rinks when wet. You're also just a short drive away from Bangkok when you need to head up that way as well. smile.png

Congratulations on the move! I think you made a great move. You're not right in Pattaya. Far enough away to escape from it and close enough to get the things you need. The rent seems like a good price and the non-slip tile floor in the bathroom is great. I've seen too many of those tiles that become ice skating rinks when wet. You're also just a short drive away from Bangkok when you need to head up that way as well. smile.png

My friends in Pattaya tell me the Nakluea and Cosy Beach areas are booming, for the reasons you mention.

I lived in Nahkula back in 1984, it was nice but that was a long time ago. had 3 bedroom house on a corner lot with air cons. It was a 5 minute motorcyle ride to downtown Pattaya

Best of luck Bill, knew u would end up in Pattaya

Pattaya vs Phuket

there just two diferent places

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the Good Luck Wishes. I think the Nakluea & Naklua areas are 2 different places

but its all been a bit confusing, plus....Due to all the stress related to our move and trying to climb 3 flights of stairs at a Friend's house in Bkk , took 30 minutes and the maid had carried my bag.All that stress caused a Case of The Chicken's Pox Revenge ! Shingles ,sure wish I knew about the Vaccine sooner and if available here???

I suggest anybody who had Chicken Pox get it when its recommended for your age.

Not sure of all the specifics , but I been feeling miserable for over a month , its been so bad for 3 weeks it masked the pain from my arthritis and neuropathy.

Like Rossanna Rossanadana use to say , It's always something

, if it ainta thisa itsa data !" Ain't that the truth ! BB

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

• 5 years later...

I remember this guy. He and wife had a sandwich shop SE of Junk a long. I went there 3 different times between 11am and 1pm weekdays and they were never open. They move to Pats because business was bad in Patong. You can't make that crap up.

Edited by Shot

moved because his friends stopped "lending" him $$ for a another failed business.

I've know bill since he worked on Patpong back in '84.

Great guy but.....

Best job he ever had was at Rock hard working with Larry and Ira cause he never had a set schedule to show up ????

• 4 weeks later...