3. Italian speaker

4. Irish speaker

5. Russian speaker

25. Thai speaker

Now I have been in Thailand for a while, so my top three are:

1. Japanese native female speaker

2. Thai native female speaker

3. Mandarin female speaker

It is obviously not the so called sing-song that does it for me, because Japanese speakers do not have that added advantage.

But for me, it is the way that Thai girls say "Ka"

When I hear that, I am a head-over-heels gonner, and I just can't seem to get enough of it.

What are your favorite female sounds? (No, I mean spoken language. CONFINE your replies to which language and why.)

Is it because you feel that in one language the female sounds more submissive than in another?

I think this is why I like the Japanese language spoken by female speakers. I will be honest about it.

Or, maybe I should have actually said girlish.

What do you like to hear?

What are your top 5?

Edited by OldChinaHam
  • Like 1

Sorry, but I really do not understand the confusion on this question.

Seems simple by comparison to all the others.

Women from different cultures speak different languages.

To our western ears, some languages sound more beautiful than the sounds of other languages, as spoken by female speakers.

Maybe I should have posted this on the language forum?

But this is an interesting question.

Japanese has sounded most beautiful to me when spoken by the native female speaker.

But Japanese has also sounded most repellent to me when spoken by the native male speaker.

How say you all?

About Japanese and other languages you have heard in your travels around Asia?

(Sorry about bold type, but I think there is some confusion due to my poor posing of the question in my post, posted above)

To our western ears, some languages sound more beautiful than the sounds of other languages, as spoken by female speakers.

Japanese has sounded most beautiful to me when spoken by the native female speaker.

But Japanese has also sounded most repellent to me when spoken by the native male speaker.

How say you all?

(Sorry about bold type, but I think there is some confusion due to my poor posing of the question in my post, posted above)

You're question is pretty clear to me. I must agree; the Thai female voice and the addition of "ka" at the end are very nice. It is interesting that "ka" is so ingrained in the Thai woman's psyche that it is used even when they speak English or another foreign language. Very cute. Getting a few Thai woman together in conversation, however, can sometimes sound like a real cat fight.

Have to disagree about the Japanese female voice, though. I lived in Tokyo for 6 years, and that cutesy "kawaii" voice just makes me gag. It is just put on to make the males happy. Many times, when you listen to Japanese woman in conversation with no men around, that kawaii voice disappears, and they talk normally, and their voices drop by about 2 octaves. It is just so fake-sounding to me. But to each his own, and if you like it, OK!

I like the sound of Dutch woman as well. Very pleasing accent to me.

• Like 1

How say you all?

You're question is pretty clear to me. I must agree; the Thai female voice and the addition of "ka" at the end are very nice. It is interesting that "ka" is so ingrained in the Thai woman's psyche that it is used even when they speak English or another foreign language. Very cute. Getting a few Thai woman together in conversation, however, can sometimes sound like a real cat fight.

Have to disagree about the Japanese female voice, though. I lived in Tokyo for 6 years, and that cutesy "kawaii" voice just makes me gag. It is just put on to make the males happy. Many times, when you listen to Japanese woman in conversation with no men around, that kawaii voice disappears, and they talk normally, and their voices drop by about 2 octaves. It is just so fake-sounding to me. But to each his own, and if you like it, OK!

The most sultry Thai native English speaking female voice I have heard in Thailand is the one on the AIS call center option menu after the one who gives the initial 3G option.

She ends by saying: AIS ... Your World Your Way -- if only.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

How say you all?

Re: Ka

Just as we can't help tacking on OK, when we speak another language like Chinese.

But OK has now become part of Thai.

And OK is not part of Chinese where I am from, but it is sort of understood.

OK, Ka?

The most sultry Thai native English speaking female voice I have heard in Thailand is the one on the AIS call center option menu after the one who gives the initial 3G option.

I see,

You are smitten.

Now if she would only just tack on a "Ka" to that,

You would finally not be able to contain yourself.

"""Have to disagree about the Japanese female voice, though. I lived in Tokyo for 6 years, and that cutesy "kawaii" voice just makes me gag. It is just put on to make the males happy. Many times, when you listen to Japanese woman in conversation with no men around, that kawaii voice disappears, and they talk normally, and their voices drop by about 2 octaves. It is just so fake-sounding to me. But to each his own, and if you like it, OK!

I like the sound of Dutch woman as well. Very pleasing accent to me."""

GBOB, after reading your thinking on listening to the female high voice speak Japanese, I believe I will need to re-evaluate my original opinion.

I do not think I have ever spent 6 years listening to Japanese women, or lived there that long I mean. And I spent my time mostly in Kyoto where I lived for a while.

I can see that this sound which your find a little fake-sounding, or stilted maybe, might become very tedious as time went by.

In small doses though, I do like it.

Maybe I will learn to like the sounds of Thai women even more.

Edited by OldChinaHam

I see,

You are smitten.

Now if she would only just tack on a "Ka" to that,

You would finally not be able to contain yourself.

Well I'm certainly smitten with the voice but the expression in the USA is: Great voice and a face made for Radio -- so one can never tell.

• Like 1

I love the sound of a low pitched, sexy French woman speaking English with a French accent. That sound cannot be beaten.

Agreed.. Although if it's the sexy almost whisper like, she doesn't need to speak English with her accent, French will do :)

Edited by Richie23

• 1 month later...