Stomach / Duodenum Examination

swissie

Went to my annual Duodenoscopy. My cysts in the Duodenum are gone. Very good! But now, the findings in my stomach were: Gastritis plus "erythematous swelling mucosa" in the "stomach-body" and the "antrum". (I suppose, chronic).

They recommended: Just keep taking your "Omeprazol"-Medication (as I have done for years). So far, so good.

BUT: I have constant stomach-discomfort. 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It just won't quit, no matter what I do or not do. This constantly present little numbing pain in my belly, keeps me from enjoying life. I have no more desire to "do anything", except to sit around the house.

In my desperation, I looked at "Wipikedia". = Half of the earths population has the "Helicobacter-Pylori" Bacteria in their stomachs. With no adverse effects for most of them. But as I read, they can on some occasions cause Gastritis-like problems for some people. As a last resort, should I start a massive bombardment with Antibiotics and see what happens?

In the meantime I am willing to try anything.

Thanks & cheers.

PS: "Helicobacter-Pylori" would also make a great name for a heavy metal rock band, me thinks!

Annual gastroscopies are unusual unless there is specific reason.

You should have already been tested for HP given your described symptoms.

If not then make a appointment and ask specifically to be tested for HP

Perhaps you should also think about a different doctor ----Just a thought.

Do not be tempted to indulge in self medication,

Edited by jrtmedic

Treatment of heliobacter requires a very specific mix of several antibiotics at once.

Your biopsy should have included testing for heliobacter -- it would be most unusual if it did not. usually the biopsy report would specify this.

Ask your doctor specifically if heliobacter was tested for and the result.

I have suffered years and years from stomach problems. Last 12 months or so they got worse. The symtoms varied between stomach flu, pain, nausea, diarrhea and bad heartburn. I spend hours looking up in the web and selfdiagnosing, fearing anything from helicobacter to cancer.

Finally I ventured to a doctor and asked straight away for the gastroscopy with biobsies. Surprise surprise, I have celiac disease. I would have never thought of that. It was though a great relief to get an explanation for all these years of discomforts. So as others have suggested, check if even celiac disease was ruled out in the biobsy.