Satelite System

JASON THAI

Price depends on the system you buy, check with some companies.

You need: movable dish 7 to 8 ft, receiver.

I have a F1 reciever with card slot, 7.5 meter movable dish, C and Ku band LNb. I paid around

23,000 baht for it. There are no furhter costs. With this system you can receive around 30 satelites, the one you want to watch most will be agila ku, this one has all the movie and sport channels similar to ubc bit far more movie channels than ubc.

I have a F1 reciever with card slot, 7.5 meter movable dish, C and Ku band LNb. I paid around

23,000 baht for it. There are no furhter costs. With this system you can receive around 30 satelites, the one you want to watch most will be agila ku, this one has all the movie and sport channels similar to ubc bit far more movie channels than ubc.

I have the same sort of system through Dynasat but only paid 17900 baht. On Agila KU satellites I found that the only 2 channels for sport that are similar to UBC are ESPN and Star Sports. These give you a bit of soccer but I found when I had UBC there were 6 sport channels of which 4 showed only totally soccer.

I have seen that there is some of the english soccer on there but thankfully now I have a choice of better sports to watch.

I also have dynasat system, when i first bought it I thought I had a lot of satelites and a lot of channels per satelite until I took my reciever to jsat for an udate. When I re-installed my receiver I had far more satelites and channels. My conclusion is that there are cheap suppliers who just load the receiver with some basic satelites and a few channesl per satelites, than you have the more expensive suppliers who do a more professional job when they upload their receivers.

The best option is to just buy a dynasat sytem or similar and then use the web forums to add your own satellites and transponders.

To keep up to date, you too must be keen to keep up to date with new channels - so learning how to add a new satellite and add addititonal transponders and frequencies to your existing system is a must.

Its not difficult and once you have done it a few times you will realise its ease.

Many people now enjoy this now as a hobby!

Please note - there is no way to watch the UBC bouquet of channels in thailand free - so please do not ask!

Edited by croftrobin

I've got UBC that I still pay about 2000 baht a month for, but I've also got PSI with the South African sports channels...i.e. Supersports 1 to about 7 or 8 with every imaginable sport including rugby, cricket and all the soccer games...formula racing etc....cost me about 20,000 baht for a 1 off payment. as Psast 7/10 and Telekom..these have al that UBC has to offer...the reason I keep UBC is that I've notice during the heavy storms, UBC will function better with the smaller dish than the other larger dish.

I've got UBC that I still pay about 2000 baht a month for, but I've also got PSI with the South African sports channels...i.e. Supersports 1 to about 7 or 8 with every imaginable sport including rugby, cricket and all the soccer games...formula racing etc....cost me about 20,000 baht for a 1 off payment. as Psast 7/10 and Telekom..these have al that UBC has to offer...the reason I keep UBC is that I've notice during the heavy storms, UBC will function better with the smaller dish than the other larger dish.

And when you stay here a little longer you may realise that during the heavy storms with lightning- its best to turn it all off - or otherwise you will be paying another 1 off payment !

Fascinating - was just about to go for UBC. Not interested in sports channels, but news, discovery, movies... can you give me a website to look at (F1 is a bit broad :o :-) ) Do you think this will suit me ?

Fascinating - was just about to go for UBC. Not interested in sports channels, but news, discovery, movies... can you give me a website to look at (F1 is a bit broad :o :-) ) Do you think this will suit me ?

Some places to look:

http://jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

http://www.rdi-sat.com/links.php?type=1

http://www.9sats.com/

Thai dealers like PSI and Dynasat also have sites

The earlier correspondent who says 'don't ask' (how I hate that phrase when it is not warranted) is not strictly correct about UBC - see the posts under the 'Angelbox' and other twin-tuner receivers in the satellite forums. However, the solution is quite expensive, probably not very reliable, involves a second satellite pointing at Asiasat 4, and also needs a non-Thai version of the box firmware (the Thai dealers are nervous of action from UBC). It has also been delivering T**kom and M***tichoice through. In the jargon this is not a proper hack but 'card sharing'

Regarding Agila, this is the best bet for a simple solution, but I am not quite sure if an 8ft dish is enough for Korat. A dealer in Surin suggested 10 foot for the D****m KU band package, and where I live further north this is what you need for relaible reception.

I believe that some EPL football matches are broadcast free-to-air on Dragon, Myfawady and VTV3. There is better coverage on Indo TV7 with weak BISS encrytion. You definitely need a motorised system on your main dish. Of course, if you do subscribe to UBC, an 80cm KU dish will do.

I find this a very interesting hobby, though I know it turns off a lot of people.

The best option is to just buy a dynasat sytem or similar and then use the web forums to add your own satellites and transponders.

To keep up to date, you too must be keen to keep up to date with new channels - so learning how to add a new satellite and add addititonal transponders and frequencies to your existing system is a must.

Its not difficult and once you have done it a few times you will realise its ease.

Please note - there is no way to watch the UBC bouquet of channels in thailand free - so please do not ask!

Most vendors sell a programmed packaged, the reciever has been programmed to receive all satelites and channels with a footprint on thailand.

The ubc bouquet is available on agila ku for free unlike your statement, besides this bouquet agila offers much more movie channels and news channels.

rono

Some places to look:

http://jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

http://www.rdi-sat.com/links.php?type=1

http://www.9sats.com/

Thai dealers like PSI and Dynasat also have sites

The earlier correspondent who says 'don't ask' (how I hate that phrase when it is not warranted) is not strictly correct about UBC - see the posts under the 'Angelbox' and other twin-tuner receivers in the satellite forums. However, the solution is quite expensive, probably not very reliable, involves a second satellite pointing at Asiasat 4, and also needs a non-Thai version of the box firmware (the Thai dealers are nervous of action from UBC). It has also been delivering T**kom and M***tichoice through. In the jargon this is not a proper hack but 'card sharing'

Regarding Agila, this is the best bet for a simple solution, but I am not quite sure if an 8ft dish is enough for Korat. A dealer in Surin suggested 10 foot for the D****m KU band package, and where I live further north this is what you need for relaible reception.

I believe that some EPL football matches are broadcast free-to-air on Dragon, Myfawady and VTV3. There is better coverage on Indo TV7 with weak BISS encrytion. You definitely need a motorised system on your main dish. Of course, if you do subscribe to UBC, an 80cm KU dish will do.

I find this a very interesting hobby, though I know it turns off a lot of people.

Right, jsat.tv offers a lot of information about what satelites you can watch, about all the channels per satelite, even real madrid has it own channel, didn't look for the premier league clubs yet.

I have only one dish, sometime we watch thaicom 2,3 on c-band, agila on ku band..

UBC has only the right to distribute in thailand, they cannot take legal action agains another country. Agila comes in scrambled so you need a receiver that can descramble, agila changes the codes every so hours, the receiver with auto update will detect these code changes.

all info you need you can get at jsat, they are also online on msn.

rono

Phibun Mike,

I just had a look at the box in which I received my Dynasat receiver and it had F1 receiver written on the cover

Rono,

My suggestion that dealers are nervous of UBC wasn't about the possibility of legal action for using D***m or Te**om. It is in the context of the firmware in twin tuner receivers, which have the capability of receiving UBC via a card-sharing server and Asiasat 4, but are sold in Thailand in a form that will only receive the overseas packages. Those sold in places like Burma have different firmware which will receive UBC, and I understand that many Thai residents re-flash their receivers so that they work in the same way. If the Thai dealer sells firmware set up for UBC and also helps support a server which distributes the 'talk-back' from an original UBC card, he might well be vulnerable to action from UBC.

• 1 year later...

I have had dream tv out of the philipines for 3 years now (free) and am receiving 66ch which include 4-5movie ch. and all the sports anyone can handle star sport, euro sports, ect ect and the aussi footy. plus plus plus

It's interesting to see this old thread come up again. Dr**m does seem to have had a great run, though it is hard to know how long it will be before the encryption system is improved. Incidentally a 7.5 foot dish isn't big enough in my part of Isaan (where I am told a 10 foot is required).

A couple of things have changed since the thread started.

(a) The angelbox card sharing solution did indeed prove to be unreliable and this box is now junk. Instead of a second satellite, current card sharing receivers use fast internet to get the 'talk back' from a shared official card. However some of these also appear to be unreliable, so that after a while the dealers stop supporting the card-sharing server.

(:o Increasingly frequent key changes (even in the hacked encryptions) have meant that the older stand-alone receivers are not as useful as in the past. I don't think this has seriously affected Dr**m yet, but in Europe everybody is moving to receivers that can be linked to a computer and the internet - typically a Dreambox or an SS2 PCI (computer card) receiver. These are easier to use with large key files and are also capable of card sharing with the right software. There are some SE Asian dealers who will allow these receivers to access their card-sharing receivers for a monthly fee, which may be more attractive than the big one-off payment for a non-standard receiver. The problem now is that the hobby element is diminishing because the technical challenge is getting harder and is pushing hobbyists towards the commercial pirates.

And when you stay here a little longer you may realise that during the heavy storms with lightning- its best to turn it all off - or otherwise you will be paying another 1 off payment !

:o

Hi, this question may be a bit off topic (and strange and may possibly show how dim I am) but why turn everything off,.

I know when I stay at my G/F home in the sticks her father turns everything off and I thought he was just being over cautious. :D

I there a real danger (why do we not turn thing off in the UK) I really don't understand why.

Thanks

Steve :D:D:D

Pazza, I live in NE Issan, and the rains and storms have just started, as soon as i see a black cloud or hear thunder, i unplug my laptop and other voltage sensitive stuff, the main reason for me is none of my stuff is insured, whereas in UK everything is insured nowadays, nothing like a 10 year old TV getting a voltage surge, then getting a new one on insurance, same with old PCs i suppose.

I could be wrong, but thats my outlook on it, hope it answers your question, Lickey.

Might be help, has alot of phone numbers in how to order section.

http://english.forwardsat.com/

Phibun Mike,

I just had a look at the box in which I received my Dynasat receiver and it had F1 receiver written on the cover

Go to RDI Satellite forum.They have many people from Thailand.They can probably give you info in Korat.They will probably recommend getting a DreamBox receiver.Go to the English forum at RDI.They are really a lot of help. Do it before you buy.Good luck.

:o

Hi, this question may be a bit off topic (and strange and may possibly show how dim I am) but why turn everything off,.

I know when I stay at my G/F home in the sticks her father turns everything off and I thought he was just being over cautious. :D

I there a real danger (why do we not turn thing off in the UK) I really don't understand why.

Thanks

Steve :D:D:D

I thought the same as you until my 6 month old TV blew up......

Although it was repaired under warranty, it taught me a lesson.

• 1 month later...

I have had dream tv out of the philipines for 3 years now (free) and am receiving 66ch which include 4-5movie ch. and all the sports anyone can handle star sport, euro sports, ect ect and the aussi footy. plus plus plus

mmk,, question...where AND how did you git that ?

plz tell me,, m dyin to know.

m a crazy football fan i love watchin it.

so yea it would really help if you give me a website or summin.

mmk thankx :]

Pazza, I live in NE Issan, and the rains and storms have just started, as soon as i see a black cloud or hear thunder, I unplug my laptop and other voltage sensitive stuff, the main reason for me is none of my stuff is insured, whereas in UK everything is insured nowadays, nothing like a 10 year old TV getting a voltage surge, then getting a new one on insurance, same with old PCs I suppose.

I could be wrong, but thats my outlook on it, hope it answers your question, Lickey.

I can add to Lickey's experience. I had been on the receiving end of 2 lightning strikes, one in Sardinia and the other in Saudi. The first blew all the electrics in the house and burnt out the water heater and the refridgerator. The second strike to my neighbours house, the other half of the semi-detached villa in which we lived, burnt out 2 TVs, his computers and most other electrical appliances that were plugged in at the time of the strike. I was more fortunate, the strike only burnt out my modem and everything else was fine. There is a lot of power in a lightning strike and nowadays I always unplug my computer and TVs once a big electrical storm appears on the horizon.

Edited by Nomad97

Pazza, I live in NE Issan, and the rains and storms have just started, as soon as i see a black cloud or hear thunder, I unplug my laptop and other voltage sensitive stuff, the main reason for me is none of my stuff is insured, whereas in UK everything is insured nowadays, nothing like a 10 year old TV getting a voltage surge, then getting a new one on insurance, same with old PCs I suppose.

I can add to Lickey's experience. I had been on the receiving end of 2 lightning strikes, one in Sardinia and the other in Saudi. The first blew all the electrics in the house and burnt out the water heater and the refridgerator. The second strike to my neighbours house, the other half of the semi-detached villa in which we lived, burnt out 2 TVs, his computers and most other electrical appliances that were plugged in at the time of the strike. I was more fortunate, the strike only burnt out my modem and everything else was fine. There is a lot of power in a lightning strike and nowadays I always unplug my computer and TVs once a big electrical storm appears on the horizon.

Thanks for the info, I think I will do as I am told and turn everything off :o ,the upside is, the electric goes off so often the electric bill will be really low, :D

Thanks again for everyones help.