Using bike with Chaing Mai plates in Ko Chang will be ok ?

Going to Ko Chang for a month. Have a KLX 150 would like to mail and use there. Bike has a Chaing Mai plate and tax stamp. Not in my name but former thai owner. Will I be ok to use it there ?

Have all paperwork and green book , was going to sell it when I left Thailand in two months , reason I did not have it my name .

Was on Koh Chang for a few weeks recently, with Phuket LP and a bike on GF's name. No problems, haven't seen any police there actually. :-D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You'll get killed on Koh Chang with a motor bike. Leave it at home, it's too dangerous to drive there. Even if you are an experienced rider, most other drivers there are not, also mini vans tend to drive at high speed on any side of the road going around treacherous bends.

You'll get killed on Koh Chang with a motor bike. Leave it at home, it's too dangerous to drive there. Even if you are an experienced rider, most other drivers there are not, also mini vans tend to drive at high speed on any side of the road going around treacherous bends.

I have driven there more then a few times. If you take care you don't get killed there just be careful around the bends as Thais often dont care on what side of the road they are.

I live part time on koh chang, and my bikes have had different plates (two with bangkok plates and some other plates but don't read thai, so don't know). My wifes scoopy does not have any plates at all (have not registrated it yet, 8 months with out plates). Koh chang/trat police are very nice, they don't make any trouble. Use a helmet, and you will be fine (they will give you a fine if you don't have helmet, but they never ask for registration, green book or anything else). Don't drive to fast in the hills, and use your back-brake when riding down (don't lock your front wheel), and you will live to see another day. Sorry for my poor english

Exactly, it's Thailand related and not the island itself, haven't found it anymore dangerous than the rest of Thailand.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was just there on my motorbike. I couldn't agree with you more. No more dangerous than anywhere else, and who wants to be on an island and not see it all?