Nissan march,Mitsubishi mirage or Ford fiesta

balo

I need to make a quick decision here.

Which car is the best buy ?

March and Mirage are priced around 450.000 and Fiesta is 200.000 more.

Nissan include 1year insurance and free number plate.

I need some advice here. I like the design of Mirage .

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

nissan march, bought one for my wife from new.great little car, good mpg, well built.never had a problem.its 2 year old now and runs as good as new.

mak sure u keep up the service on it, its cheap and worth it.she's driven to bkk many times lone and never had a problem.hope this helps.

imho fords are rubbish, but i think its a personal thing, so im not saying dont buy one, just for me, i dont like them.

cheers, bye and good luck.

• Like 1

We also had a Nissan March and wife loved it... Ended up selling it, but that's just because kids are getting bigger and wanted a 7 seater.

Although no performance complaints with the Nissan March

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Thanks I think March with ABS is my choice then, 478000 baht.

But I just found out that Toyota Vios sells for only 614000 automatic , ABS so I have to admit its a bit tempting.

And Vios is a much safer car imo.

In that price range you can look at the Attrage its between B 450 000 and B 580 000. The Focus will have the best performance but the Attrage/Mirage will be the most economical (+- 17 km/l in real life sensable driving). The top range Attrage have nav sat, leather seats, plenty leg room and 1 year insurance included (as with most new cars). Whatever you buy you must negotiate on the extras, they don't give discount but you can get plenty extras.

But I just found out that Toyota Vios sells for only 614000 automatic , ABS so I have to admit its a bit tempting.

Let us face it, any ecocar will hardly protect you in case of a collision with a pickup or worse, an 18-wheeler or bus! Vios or March, both will be pulverized!

Why would you rate the VIOS as safer?

And now that you're looking at a sedan, shouldn't you compare it the the Almera and Attrage?

Edited by IMHO

Ok I admit I do not know a lot about cars.

I have 24 hours to decide, a small car like March or a sedan model.

Which car is more eco friendly of the Sedan models in price range 450-620.000

Toyota Vios is very popular here and easy to get service everywhere..

Of the cars you have selected buy the one you like best and if possible take them for a test ride before deciding, it would be a great shame it you don't like the ride/fell and will cost you big money if you want to sell after 1 month, Toyotas have high resale values but it level out after +4 years.

The small eco cars are very good in the city, easy to drive and park.

One of my friends gf have a small eco car, we went at the toll way with 160km on the clock, 3 people in it and it felt stable enough, I was impressed (but also drunk, he-he).

Yes they are all tin cans, nothing more, nothing less.

If I was you I would buy the Honda Citywink.png , very good entry level sedan car, better than a Vios any day.

You said you got 24 hours to decide? It sounds to me that you should spend at least one month before making up your mind, test the different models, read tests on the e-net about them and so on.

Good luck.

You're forgetting one thing....how long do you want to wait until delivery? You certainly won't be getting any car within 24 hours....perhaps except for a fiesta. I sat in a fiesta and found it smaller inside than my swift. I couldn't even put my feet behind the driver seat with it fully back. There have been a few complaints about the auto box too, and not sure if that has been fully sorted out yet. Most of the ecocars seem to be taking a few months for delivery, but you might be able to get the mirage/attrage quicker. If you are on a budget, I'd suggest the mitsu as they seem to throw in a few extras and insurance too. I preferred the design and interior of the swift, but I had to wait many months for it, and no free insurance.

Two and a half years ago I was going to buy my wife a March, but for very little more I was able to get a Mazda 2. I have been happy with it ever since. It's a great little car.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How many hours left ?

I didn't know he was Jack Bauer. Hey he's got time to foil a terrorist plot before he picks up the eco carbiggrin.png

A few hours left , there is a big motorshow in Central Pattaya and some of the sales people there that speaks good enough english and threat me like a good customer will get the sale .

My budget was around 500k , then I discovered Toyota Vios and since I need the Automatic version with ABS the price is now 644000 .

Only reason I choose AT is that its easier to sell in Thailand. (I'm a fan of manual transmission) .

I have been offered a test ride and will decide tomorrow .

if it were vios would not be considered, i would go swift or fiesta, likely fiesta because i hear it takes a very long time to lay hands on a swift.

as others have said, honda city is a nice little sedan as well

Why would Vios not be considered?

Is there anything with this model that have been problematic in the past ? The new 2013 models looks very nice.

The Nissan is a proven good car with good looks for a littly.

Forget Mitsubishi. All their little cars look like Soi dog turds.

The Vios is new age ugly but they are reliable.

Go for the Suzuki Swift. The best of the small cars in LOS.

If you are looking at the vios, might as well look at the honda city too - better gearbox and engine. I think the engine of the vios is from past models, along with the old four speeder. Thais love them so they resell well, but so does the city for a similar price. There's also a cng version of the city that might be worth a look. No idea on delivery times though.

If you are looking at the vios, might as well look at the honda city too - better gearbox and engine. I think the engine of the vios is from past models, along with the old four speeder. Thais love them so they resell well, but so does the city for a similar price. There's also a cng version of the city that might be worth a look. No idea on delivery times though.

Which car is more eco friendly of the Sedan models in price range 450-620.000

Toyota Vios is very popular here and easy to get service everywhere..

Of the small sedans, the Mitsu Attrage is the best on fuel economy - 22KM/L - at least 10% better than any other in the segment, and around 30% better than VIOS or City. But at the expense of acceleration speed.

VIOS is popular yes, but very aged now - the drivetrain (engine + gearbox) dates all the way back to the original Soluna (over 11 years), and even the Thai press is disappointed Toyota didn't put more effort into the latest major change body styling update.

Not completely sure why so much urgency to make a decision - whatever deal you've been offered today will be there tomorrow, and if you drive 1.5 hours to BKK you'll get a better deal every day of the week smile.png

Still, for all I know you could be on a plane to Iceland tomorrow tongue.png If you need to wrap up a deal and take delivery as fast as possible, the shortest waiting list is likely to be the Mitsu, followed by Nissan, then Toyota a few weeks behind, Honda a few months away, and Suzuki next year sometime.

Edited by IMHO

I changed my mind about Vios , we will use the car mostly in the city so I think I will go for an upgraded version of Nissan March instead.

At first glimpse I didnt like the design but inside it feels more spacious, and just as comfortable as the other cars, I like the interior and there is enough space for such a small car.

I changed my mind about Vios , we will use the car mostly in the city so I think I will go for an upgraded version of Nissan March instead.

At first glimpse I didnt like the design but inside it feels more spacious, and just as comfortable as the other cars, I like the interior and there is enough space for such a small car.

Can't go wrong with the Almera - it's a lot of car for the money...

Did they give you a delivery date?

• Like 1

The model and color I wanted was up to 4 weeks delivery time so that was not great but I have decided to wait for it. They also give me the number plate for free so save 5000 baht there.

I think I did the right choice in the end. Thanks for all the help from the experts in here . smile.png

The model and color I wanted was up to 4 weeks delivery time so that was not great but I have decided to wait for it. They also give me the number plate for free so save 5000 baht there.

I think I did the right choice in the end. Thanks for all the help from the experts in here . smile.png

4 weeks sounds about right - you'd only get on quicker if they had a cancelled booking..

You seem excited about getting free registration though, which scares me into thinking maybe you're paying for insurance?

Make sure you're getting at least the factory promotion, and seeing as all this comes at no expense to the dealer, feel free to push them for more:

http://www.nissan.co.th/en/Vehicles/Offers/Almera.aspx

1 year insurance and free number plate . Not sure what else I could ask for.