Nissan march,Mitsubishi mirage or Ford fiesta

balo

1 year insurance and free number plate . Not sure what else I could ask for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Accessories...

http://www.nissan.co.th/~/media/Files/Nissan/Asia%20Pacific/Thailand/Brochures/Accessories/Nissan-Almera-Accessories

At the very least the reversing sensors! You could try the dvd player/gps... The emergency set, and who knows what else!

1 year insurance and free number plate . Not sure what else I could ask for.

Don't they do the large chrome door handle surrounds, filler cap cover with the models name all over them not forgetting the chunky chrome light surrounds... luvly jubbly.

I decided to go for an upgraded version of Nissan March, not the Almeira.

But I will check if I can get more freebies for the price.

• 11 months later...

You're forgetting one thing....how long do you want to wait until delivery? You certainly won't be getting any car within 24 hours....perhaps except for a fiesta. I sat in a fiesta and found it smaller inside than my swift. I couldn't even put my feet behind the driver seat with it fully back. There have been a few complaints about the auto box too, and not sure if that has been fully sorted out yet. Most of the ecocars seem to be taking a few months for delivery, but you might be able to get the mirage/attrage quicker. If you are on a budget, I'd suggest the mitsu as they seem to throw in a few extras and insurance too. I preferred the design and interior of the swift, but I had to wait many months for it, and no free insurance.

Anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have waited for the Fiesta eco-boost engine.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No need to wait, it's available now, but at another 200,000 baht !

That's what he said.. he might pay 200,000 k extra for a non eco car.

You're forgetting one thing....how long do you want to wait until delivery? You certainly won't be getting any car within 24 hours....perhaps except for a fiesta. I sat in a fiesta and found it smaller inside than my swift. I couldn't even put my feet behind the driver seat with it fully back. There have been a few complaints about the auto box too, and not sure if that has been fully sorted out yet. Most of the ecocars seem to be taking a few months for delivery, but you might be able to get the mirage/attrage quicker. If you are on a budget, I'd suggest the mitsu as they seem to throw in a few extras and insurance too. I preferred the design and interior of the swift, but I had to wait many months for it, and no free insurance.

Anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought an Attrage earlier this year and got delivery within 4 days.

Nothing Beats a New Ford Car Auto Gearbox. Or their waterproof truckscheesy.gif . Get a Swift,or a Honda City.

Could you elaborate A of P or anyone as it seems all is not well with mine !

There have been two recurring issues I've hard about with the FIesta's powrshift:

1) Clunky/erratic gear changes at low speed - Ford created a new firmware about 18 months ago to address this, but some owners were still complaining even after the update.

2) The gearbox fails completely, or fails only to go into forward gears (still goes into reverse). I have only heard of a few instances of this, and in all cases it was a new gearbox under warranty.

Nothing Beats a New Ford Car Auto Gearbox. Or their waterproof truckscheesy.gif . Get a Swift,or a Honda City.

Could you elaborate A of P or anyone as it seems all is not well with mine !

There have been two recurring issues I've hard about with the FIesta's powrshift:

1) Clunky/erratic gear changes at low speed - Ford created a new firmware about 18 months ago to address this, but some owners were still complaining even after the update.

2) The gearbox fails completely, or fails only to go into forward gears (still goes into reverse). I have only heard of a few instances of this, and in all cases it was a new gearbox under warranty.

Thanks for that IMHO,my daughters car sometimes make a grinding noise at low speed in the low gears, nothing too serious at the moment ! took it back a month after getting it and they said "this was normal" biggrin.png have to go back next week to return the red plates so I will bring the noise to there attention again and this time I will have the wife with me whistling.gif

• Like 1

Your price range is close to the Nissan Almera....best that all cars you mentioned.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.

Your price range is close to the Nissan Almera....best that all cars you mentioned.

The worst piece of crap I have driven in 25 years.

Wow.. you've driven some pretty good cars then.. my worst was an FSO Polenez ..

• Like 1

Polonez...are you Polish ?

Polonez...are you Polish ?

Nope. They actually sold that crap in the UK. And my dad decided to buy one 2nd hand ... big mistake!

Maybe by "in 25 years" he means "in the 25 years I've been alive", not "in the 25 years I've been driving" :P

He has a point though - the Almera feels like you're driving a video game at times - i.e. no feedback, no sensations just a mushy, soft, bouncy everything - not even the engine sounds match the experience. I think I'd prefer a harsh riding pickup just for some decent steering feel, and diesel clatter that at least correlates to what your feet are doing ;)

• Like 1

Still having a chuckle over the IMHO post. Harsh Riding Pickup ? there isnt one according to some here they are Car Like, better than a Citroen D.S....Seems Wong lost his Tong, cant work that comment out.. Yep a thrash round loose tracks sure keeps one sharp.

Still having a chuckle over the IMHO post. Harsh Riding Pickup ? there isnt one according to some here they are Car Like, better than a Citroen D.S....Seems Wong lost his Tong, cant work that comment out.. Yep a thrash round loose tracks sure keeps one sharp.

I'll take a bouncy spring ride over the bumps as opposed to bottoming out in a civic anytime :)

Maybe by "in 25 years" he means "in the 25 years I've been alive", not "in the 25 years I've been driving" :P

He has a point though - the Almera feels like you're driving a video game at times - i.e. no feedback, no sensations just a mushy, soft, bouncy everything - not even the engine sounds match the experience. I think I'd prefer a harsh riding pickup just for some decent steering feel, and diesel clatter that at least correlates to what your feet are doing ;)

25 years of driving.

Actually, the worst car I drove was an old MG with semi-locked steering after being wrapped around a lamp post. I was being towed as I was recovering it for the garage I worked at.

The Almera is the second worst with a 2008 2litre Camry close behind; gutless with terrible brakes (it was only 6 months old).

So were all different, the Camry isnt a bad car, many folk repeat buy.Nice Cruzer on long runs.

In the real world (outside Thailand) people who can afford to drive a nice Toyota buy a Lexus. Great car. The Camry is certainly solid for a compact car. Unfortunately, in Thailand, the Camry, (& Accord, Teana) is priced like and considered like a premium luxury saloon. Camry is solid but terminally boring. Accord is solid, more fun to drive but noisy. Teana is solid, quieter than the others but ugly (though latest model is not bad).

And...all of this is off-topic. biggrin.png

• Like 1