Where can I meet New Yorkers here in Bangkok?

Nuna

Go in any bar and ring the bell declaring "it's New York Day" and that you are buying for anybody for NY.. It's amasing how nmany New Yorkers you will meet, some of which will have trouble speaking English, much like those born and raised there!

• Like 2

I knew one guy from NY named Al who is still in Bangkok. But all he does is bum money from other folks with no intent of paying them back.

He quickly picked up the Thai meaning of "borrow"!

Let's see, 10 years in Bangkok and I never met a single NYer. I met people from many other states. Most of the foreigners I've met have been limeys. These are mostly UKers with some Aussies. Met French, Belgians, Swedes (lots of swedes), norweigans, Greeks, Spaniards, colombians. It's a real international fest yes it is. 20 to 1 limeys though. NGOs? nope havent seen any around. try PP cambo. Loaded with them at correspondents club or so I hear. People I spoke to over the years were not fond of NGOs for some reason. I never could figure out why

Edited by Nana Cowboy

My plan is to work there so I intend to find some connections. NGO expats like UN staff are preferable

Use to have a lot of embassy staff eat at The Bus Stop near Nana Plaza. But that was several years ago. You might try some of the meetup.com events?

Assumes that any NYer would leap at the chance to serve your "future plan."

I want to expand my friend circle that might benefit my future plan.

So you don;t understand what I am talking about