Ducati 848

Tmymaimee

My Thai wife and I have been separated for a year now. Nothing is ever enough for her and she has just listed my bike I saved for 6 years to buy. I had no work visa so she put it in her name when I bought it and she is now selling it. I still have the key and manuals but its in her name. She had it planned all along. Sometimes its hard not to become one of those bitter pissed off divorced guys but I can sense where they're coming from. God help the next guy who hooks up with her...:)

http://www.dealfish.co.th/product-2957875/

I was only a visitor with plans to move this year. Anyways, maybe someone can learn from my stupid mistake.

By the way, the 848 exhaust burns your leg in city traffic and the cooling system is made for the highway. I wouldn't buy another one if I was living in Bangkok.

That sucks. Just out of interest the advert says it was bought in November 2012 and you said you separated a year ago. So why would it be in her name unless you put it in her name after you separated? And why does the bike have no plates?

It was bought in July 2012. There are no plates because the Thonglor Ducati dealer told me last year the license plate department was 6 months behind. Why it still doesn't have them I have no idea.

I just have to move on with my life from this point and put the past behind. Had I stayed out of the bars and not screwed around, I wouldn't have made this post so its really my fault. That's what really burns me...

From what I understand now, the dealer wanted some type of visa so show residency and maybe I was misled but I think from now on I won't be jumping into any relationships.

Yes, you need a rental contract paper when you go to immigration

for the paper they will give you to buy the bike, and you need a visa valid for 2-3 weeks IIRC,

same as when making a driving license, i think DL needed 3 weeks valid visa.

Sorry to hear about the trickery, btw.

It was bought in July 2012. There are no plates because the Thonglor Ducati dealer told me last year the license plate department was 6 months behind. Why it still doesn't have them I have no idea.

I just have to move on with my life from this point and put the past behind. Had I stayed out of the bars and not screwed around, I wouldn't have made this post so its really my fault. That's what really burns me...

From what I understand now, the dealer wanted some type of visa so show residency and maybe I was misled but I think from now on I won't be jumping into any relationships.

Man good on you for being so honest!

That said, if I had saved for 6 years for a bike I would be taking it or trashing it!

Oh man. sorry to hear. There are certain rules with regards to live and saving 6 years for a bike and putting it in a GF's name, in a country you don't (didn't) live in is certainly a no no.

Good on you for being man enough to walk off without doing something stupid and petulant. :)

The thing that is really going to piss you off is that, like GirlDrinkDrun said, you didn't need a WP to buy a bike, nor do you need a non-immigrant visa. In fact there was no reason to ever put it in her name in the first place. Lots of people buy bikes can cars on tourist visas, including me. Just get a letter of residency from immigration with your house or condo rental contract. When I bought my first Ninja, they even accepted my 90-day notice receipt which at the time immigration was writing your address on.

• Like 1

I was only a visitor with plans to move this year. Anyways, maybe someone can learn from my stupid mistake.

By the way, the 848 exhaust burns your leg in city traffic and the cooling system is made for the highway. I wouldn't buy another one if I was living in Bangkok.

Hmmm, you buy a Ducati Superbike and put it in a Thai woman's name (blink.png) even though you had plans to move this year and then to top it off, you state that the Ducati 848 isn't suitable for city riding.facepalm.gif

You're a sandwich short of a picnic if you ask me!

Sorry to hear that

You said you still have a key whistling.gif

If your not up for it just give the key to some unsavory looking local & a map ;)

Just kidding of course....kind of

Edited by mania

If i still had the key, I would still have the bike if you get my drift... you could easily make a bit of that 800,000 back.

Or get a cop on your side, for a bit of that 800,000

Show the money trail and if it's her bike, have her demonstrate her riding it...

• Like 1

Ah, when you talk about the sun it shines.

She accepted as I was typing my last post.

Help me guys: What should I ask her?

I am thinking asking her this:

"Do you think Buddha is happy that you stole your ex-husbands motorcycle?"

What do you think guys?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The thing that is really going to piss you off is that, like GirlDrinkDrun said, you didn't need a WP to buy a bike, nor do you need a non-immigrant visa. In fact there was no reason to ever put it in her name in the first place. Lots of people buy bikes can cars on tourist visas, including me. Just get a letter of residency from immigration with your house or condo rental contract. When I bought my first Ninja, they even accepted my 90-day notice receipt which at the time immigration was writing your address on.

In trat immigrantion they don't give you letter of residency, you have to have a non immigrant. visa to get it there. And even if you have a non-immigrant visa they make it almost impossible.

Ah, when you talk about the sun it shines.

She accepted as I was typing my last post.

Help me guys: What should I ask her?

I am thinking asking her this:

"Do you think Buddha is happy that you stole your ex-husbands motorcycle?"

What do you think guys?

Very good! Keep us updated.

I always wanted a Ducati.

Will she take a quick offer I wonder?

300,000 is my offer

Try it. Maybe you'll get a big discount due to the bike not having a key. If she has the green book it's all legit and then pop into Thonglor for a new key. Sorted!

Actually I may try that myself.unsure.png

OP, you said wife? If you are married at city hall then you are entitled to share everything you bought during marriage 50%, any lawyer will back that up but you might take her to court if you can't settle.

If only married at the temple you have no rights whatsoever and your Duke is lost.

Yes easy to have any vehicle in your own name here but I guess it depends where you live. In Pattaya you can have them in own name with a tourist visa and a condo/house rental contract.

We were married at the ampour in Lampang 6 years ago. There were 2 keys issued, she has 1 and I have the other 1. I was staying at my house (in her name) and bought the bike in Bangkok. I didn't ride it much in the city...mostly up north. I had no idea she was planning anything and that's why it went in her name.

I do have the money transfer receipt from my account in Canada but it went into her Thai account and then a money order from her to Ducati. I think the idea of filing for divorce in Thailand and then claiming for the bike is a good idea if its not sold before I arrive in October.

Man, I miss this bike. When you crack the throttle wide open in 2nd gear, its like that hyperdrive in Star Wars :) Just hang on and smile :)

It's a nice bike.

Get back together with her.

;)

Yeah. Get back together using as many BS promises as necessary.

Get the bike put in your name.

Have lots of hardcore make-up sex.

Sleep with as many of her sisters and friends as possible.

Film these encounters.

Dump the skanky bitch.

Leave the country.

Upload the movies to as many social media sites as possible.

Email her the links.

Sweet!

I wish i could read thai? Is this you and her and the kiss saying thanks for the ducati?

I would burn my bike down before giving it away but thats me..

Is she selling your wedding photos

That's pretty f#$@^ed up for you to post a members picture. It's also against forum rules.

Edited by NomadJoe

I wish i could read thai? Is this you and her and the kiss saying thanks for the ducati?

That's pretty f#$@^ed up for you to post a members picture. It's also against forum rules.

I have no idea whos picture it is. The op linked his wifes ad and that what she posted.

If i broke any rules the mods have the ability to delete it.

Edited by yankee99

yep, it is dizzyingly high on the scale of douche.

A post which is in possible violation of this forum rule has been removed:

19) Not to post other members' personal details, photos or web site details. Doing so will result in an instant ban.

Replies to that post have been removed as well.

That's just an ad for graphic design work she does in Bangkok. Its a public ad and I'm fine with it..it's not me or her. Getting back to the bike, if it's not sold by October when I arrive, I'm going to meet up with a lawyer and see what my options are.

If I take the bike right now even though I have a key, I think I could be charged with theft as its registered to her. The fact that we're married..I'm not sure but I don't really want any problems so that's why I need to see my legal options.

This bike wasn't my first choice but since the GSXR750 and ZX-6R aren't sold in Thailand, I bought this one. I know I could go through a shop and import one but last time they told me at least a 6 month wait with no guarantee on the final price.