Thai tv does your wife like it?

i claudius

My wife doesn't watch Thai TV period. We like to download our TV content. We have never signed up for a cable package in 8 years of marriage. Thai TV is a ready punch line for jokes about entertainment. Not that there is a lot a great stuff coming from mainstream western locations either.

Oh come on what about boardwalk empire ,hell on weels,sons of anarchy etc .....

But my Thai ex is also crazy about these bloody cooking programs and when we where still togheter my kitchen looked like a bakery sometimes.55555555

She reminds me of a Thai nigella sometimes.

My misses is in love with Jamie oliver, i have to download his shows and she has his recipie books , mind you Gordon Ramsey runs him a close second.

Some of the dramas on thai tv are just plain ridiculous.

I had to sit through one episode a while back. A man and woman were flirting about leading to somehow or other a bucket of water falling onto the man's head with a comedy sound effect taken straight from the Chuckle Brothers.

Then within a few minutes and a couple of scenes the mood had changed drastically as the woman was kidnapped by some thugs and drugged, waking to find herself captive in a bedroom with a man on top of her. Luckily, her admirer came to her rescue with some kung <deleted> kicks.

Hardly Eastenders.

Some of the dramas on thai tv are just plain ridiculous.

I had to sit through one episode a while back. A man and woman were flirting about leading to somehow or other a bucket of water falling onto the man's head with a comedy sound effect taken straight from the Chuckle Brothers.

Then within a few minutes and a couple of scenes the mood had changed drastically as the woman was kidnapped by some thugs and drugged, waking to find herself captive in a bedroom with a man on top of her. Luckily, her admirer came to her rescue with some kung <deleted> kicks.

Hardly Eastenders.

http://notthenation.com/2011/01/new-media-rules-limit-soap-operas-to-3-rapes-per-hour/

Mine looking news, ASTV, the news from Democrats, sometimes a movie.

Never saw her watching a soap opera.

These people who watch all the time thai soap operas she compares with that lovely big animal with horns that worked on the rice fields in the past.

My wife watches them back home, like probably 30million other Thais also and I reckon if your wife called my wife a buffalo she would smack your wife clean in her face.

Wow, that is a bit shocking ...I think! Maybe your wife is learning this from her TV watching? I have banned all Thai TV from my home ...I only have a daughter who can speak Thai, and might want to watch those. I have both True and WE TV. I got WETV so she could watch cartoons basically, while I could watch the stock market or whatever I like, on regular True TV. (I just have True on 2 TVs, and WE on all of them, which is more than 2.)

I often found, to my total DISMAY, my daughter, starting at maybe 4 years old, maybe even 3, turning the channels from cartoons, to THAI SOAPS! Shocking that she found those interesting at her YOUNG age! That tells me even more about the level of Thai TV than I want to know. But I really didn't want her to see, or emulate, the beating of women or maids, the belief in ghosts, or the supernatural, and various other things. The mysoginistic attitudes.

Your wife shouldn't be "smacking" people, for any reason, in most cases, that is sad.