Thai tv does your wife like it?

i claudius

It all depends on their interests and how good their English is. One thing my wife and I found interesting was how much time Thai friends overseas spent watching Thai soaps and keeping up with Thai gossip. My wife never knew what they were talking about even though we live in Thailand and they don't.huh.png.pagespeed.ce.6VcCaNwNXg.png

Mine looking news, ASTV, the news from Democrats, sometimes a movie.

Never saw her watching a soap opera.

These people who watch all the time thai soap operas she compares with that lovely big animal with horns that worked on the rice fields in the past.

• Like 1

These people who watch all the time thai soap operas she compares with that lovely big animal with horns that worked on the rice fields in the past.

My wife watches them back home, like probably 30million other Thais also and I reckon if your wife called my wife a buffalo she would smack your wife clean in her face.

........ which seems to happen in just about ALL of the Thai soaps my Wife and Daughter (and sometimes I) watchbiggrin.pngclap2.gif

• Like 1

My wife watches them back home, like probably 30million other Thais also and I reckon if your wife called my wife a buffalo she would smack your wife clean in her face.

........ which seems to happen in just about ALL of the Thai soaps my Wife and Daughter (and sometimes I) watchbiggrin.pngclap2.gif

A woman who compares another woman to a kwai, simply for watching certain TV programs might be educated, but clearly has absolutely no breeding or class and has probably been shunned by Thai society, hence the venom.

• Like 2

A woman who compares another woman to a kwai, simply for watching certain TV programs might be educated, but clearly has absolutely no breeding or class and has probably been shunned by Thai society, hence the venom.

Might be true, but at least she isn't violent and would never beat/smack someone.

But in fact I expressed it wrong......she meant people who ONLY look soap operas and not interested in anything like news/education/what is going on. With which she mean a certain type of people. Specially these who confuse real life and TV life. (Recently a friend with a young girl visit us and the girl does nothing else than looking soap operas and act as a copy of what she sees in TV)

It is not meant that someone who looks soap operas is automatically a buffalo....I expressed it wrong and apologize....

• Like 2

To be honest as a falang ,when i see a Thai soap on the box ,it always seems to be the same story ,guy ls married or courting one girl ,another girl comes along ,someone is always in a hospital bed,and the main charecter has a "friend" who is a maid or someone not as hi so as her

.ps ,my sister in law years ago was in soaps as the "friend /maid who was not as hi so" ,it does'nt pay muchbiggrin.png

To be honest as a falang ,when i see a Thai soap on the box ,it always seems to be the same story ,guy ls married or courting one girl ,another girl comes along ,someone is always in a hospital bed,and the main charecter has a "friend" who is a maid or someone not as hi so as her

.ps ,my sister in law years ago was in soaps as the "friend /maid who was not as hi so" ,it does'nt pay muchbiggrin.png

You forgot the gun

My wife can't stand them. Even when we're in Thailand she won't watch them.

She recently met up with a group of Thai friends (some of whom have been here in Oz even longer than her own twenty years) and didn't recognise a single soap or dara they were talking about.

It's not as though the shows aren't available here either - there's one Thai shop in Brisbane for instance which hires out DVDs of the soaps aired as recently as the previous night. We also know some Thais who have three metre-wide dishes in their backyard and never watch English language television.

My other half watches DLTV every day to learn more English. She finds it is better because it is dual language.

Fox crime rates high on her agenda - spoken Thai.

Miracle TV - I often hear her laughing out loud at the antics of the 'real life' situations.

Evenings it is Thai soaps in the bedroom as I watch English tv / movies in the main room.

Every morning her main fix is...

Stargate 1 (now she is on season 8)

BBC wildlife

The walking dead Series 3

^^^ all 3 in English and d/l as torrents by me.

Any English horror movies I can d/l and the more gory the better (think Saw / Evil Dead etc)

I wonder who is the abnormal Thai watching tv sometimes laugh.png

To be honest i am sick of watching" the dog whisperer" with a guy called Ceaser Milan,if i have to look at his Capped ultra white teeth again i think I will start watching Thai soaps for a restrolleyes.gif my wife loves him and his bloody dogs ,

To be honest i am sick of watching" the dog whisperer" with a guy called Ceaser Milan,if i have to look at his Capped ultra white teeth again i think I will start watching Thai soaps for a restrolleyes.gif my wife loves him and his bloody dogs ,

My wife doesn't watch Thai TV period. We like to download our TV content. We have never signed up for a cable package in 8 years of marriage. Thai TV is a ready punch line for jokes about entertainment. Not that there is a lot a great stuff coming from mainstream western locations either.

My wife doesn't watch Thai TV period. We like to download our TV content. We have never signed up for a cable package in 8 years of marriage. Thai TV is a ready punch line for jokes about entertainment. Not that there is a lot a great stuff coming from mainstream western locations either.

Your lucky chum. thumbsup.gif

Oh come on what about boardwalk empire ,hell on weels,sons of anarchy etc .....

But my Thai ex is also crazy about these bloody cooking programs and when we where still togheter my kitchen looked like a bakery sometimes.55555555

She reminds me of a Thai nigella sometimes.