Birth Packages at BPH

PoolHustler

Our 3,5 year old son was born there on a package deal and by caesarean.

I only have positive things to say about that experience, competent staff & friendly and since my wife were very tired after the caesarean operation our son slept at the infant section where they took very good care of him. I could go up and visit him anytime I wanted and we could just tell the nurses to bring him down to my wife's single room anytime we wanted.

They taught us how to hold the baby safely and change diapers and so on and gave us a small box with milk and diapers when we left the hospital.

No extra cost were added to the package deal but everything went as planned, I could imagine if something unexpected happened you would have to pay extra.

My boy was born there C section 3 years ago, 40'000 baht was quoted by a OB/GYN doctor at her private clinic on Soi Pottisarn. Like you, I was concerned so I had 200'000 in cash ready just in case but there were no problems.

I only got charged an additional 700 baht because the wife had to have the line in her hand replaced.

Overall I was very satisfied, they spend a lot of time with new mothers, showing them how to bath the baby etc.. and lots of freebies on discharge.

BPH can be reasonable when you have the opportunity to shop around for treatment.

in short:

http://parentvine.net/pregnancybirth/birth-in-thailand/birth-practices-in-thailand/

WHO recommends caesarean section rates between 5 and 10%

In private hospitals (in Thailand), this percentage can climb as high as 60-90% !!!!!!!!!

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Paper/10808891.aspx'>

chance in private hospitals 3 -6 times higher

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34826186/ns/health-pregnancy/t/c-section-rates-around-globe-epidemic-levels/'>

its al about money, money, money, money .....

Edited by dieter1
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone

The prices are a bit different

Natural birth 31,900 baht

Includes 2 nights in Hospital in private room

C Section 41,000 baht

Includes 2 nights in Hospital in private room

I stand corrected.

BTW my tiny wife was never going to deliver my boy naturally :)

As I remember 3 of us went for the birth, me the misses and her sister, they took the misses away as me and sister completed the paperwork, went straight to the place where they 'store' the newborn, and there was my son! Its almost like a conveyor belt! very quick indeed!

I must confess... I elected for C section and my boy was born at 10:10am on 10/10/10... that is pretty amazing :-)

oh yeah I forgot that was the other reason, as the day 'she' chose was lucky!

To be totally honest, we went to the OB/GYN doctor and she wanted to book us in for 12/10/10, then I quickly realised the significance of the date and I asked her "is No. 10 OK?", she called the hospital and asked is "10am" OK.. of course I jumped at the chance.

He was even born in operating room 10, although there was a few marks on the boy from the forceps, and his official Thai birth certificate shows 10:10am 10/10/10

post-134820-0-05068300-1375465308_thumb.

Edited by Satcommlee

My son was born in Banglamung hospital.

Cost nothing.

No problems at all.

Wife had a c cut.

Private room was 1200baht a night. Nurse came in for regular checks every 2 hours, helped with everything, we also received free goodies when we left.

Did you know that the majority of doctors and surgeons in Bangkok pattaya come from the Government hospitals!

The lady surgeon who gave my wife a c cut, also does the same procedures at Bangkok pattaya on request!