Smelly Car

I had my new Navara parked up in the garage of my house for 4 months, when I took it out on the road again i noticed two things, a smell and a loss of power, so into Nissan and let them sort it, Nissan guys found a dead rat, and before it had expired it had eaten the wiring for the turbo, free of charge fix which was a pleasant surprise.

Seems odd - a checkup should include checking the filter. I think the Toyota staff had a crack at you, did you have or have you had any conflict in the past with them?

If you look at the air filter hosing configuration, you'll note that it's virtually impossible for a rat to get there by itself.

A better trick is to tie-wire a fish on top of the the muffler. w00t.gif

Part of a service, Toyota always take out the filter behind the glove box and clean or replace.
  • Like 1

If the rat was obvious when the filter was removed then presumably it was obvious when fitted at the service.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The rat was part of the free ozone service cheesy.gif

My wife and I own a box van that we only use occasionally. Most of the time it is parked next to the last attached house on our street and just sits there for a couple of weeks or more. Twice we found that the A/C was not working were told that "animals", I guess rats, had eaten through some wiring. It was an inconvenience to drive with no A/C and also costly to get it fixed each time. After the second time it happened we started putting moth balls under the hood, here and there, around the engine and it seems to have solved the problem. Of course, it's probably only a good solution if you don't use your vehicle every day.

My wife and I own a box van that we only use occasionally. Most of the time it is parked next to the last attached house on our street and just sits there for a couple of weeks or more. Twice we found that the A/C was not working were told that "animals", I guess rats, had eaten through some wiring. It was an inconvenience to drive with no A/C and also costly to get it fixed each time. After the second time it happened we started putting moth balls under the hood, here and there, around the engine and it seems to have solved the problem. Of course, it's probably only a good solution if you don't use your vehicle every day.

I think that is only if you do not pursue the optic Rats 1.0, 2.0 as delineated at some length in another post on Pumpkins, rats and cats. cheesy.gif