Auto Insurance Recommendations

griser

I'm Looking for a new Auto insurance company for my 2006 Pickup, the old one handed me a bill for 12,000 baht and I thought this was a bit high. Any one have any recommendations for a cheaper/better company?

Greg

12000 on a new truck is cheap! Expect to pay quite a bit more for 1st class ins.

That is First class insurance, However i've seen other folks paying less. about 10k in fact. unfortunately I cant contact them now..

I would seriously read the fine print on any insurance that is that low. Just doesn't match my experience with prices and that was insuring several vehicles over the years here. The insurance for my car when it was 6-7 years old was more then that. Sorry to be sceptical but caveat emptor does apply, especially in Thailand.

The reason for it being so low is that we haven't had an accident all year that was our fault, we did have a fender bender wehre the thai guy admitted fault.

Guess I'll stick with them then, They tell me next year if I dont have an accident I get a further decrease in rates to 40 percent. :o

Greg

The reason for it being so low is that we haven't had an accident all year that was our fault, we did have a fender bender wehre the thai guy admitted fault.

Guess I'll stick with them then, They tell me next year if I dont have an accident I get a further decrease in rates to 40 percent. :o

Greg

Have a real good look at what you're covered for and what are the limits. Also look at what value they have put on the vehicle for write-off or theft. 12,000 as mentioned by others seems almost impossible for a 2006 with 1st class coverage.