3 month baby stuck in wheel of a scooter.

Salapoo

Was just on the news now. Graphic video of them trying to get all her pieces out, of course.

Mother was on the back when the towel wrapping the baby got caught in the wheel. You can guess the rest.

I've no doubt the extended family will still be riding with their babies tomorrow. There's very little hope. :(

• Like 1

I onice saw a 2 year old standing on a moped doing a "king of the world" titanic stance with his dad was travelling on the 181 highway from Chiang Mai to Doi Suket.

Balanced perfectly until Dad needs to stop of course.

Crazy Thai Drivers and Riders.

Falangs are even worse over here and they should know better.

• Like 2

That is horrendous. Nothing else to say

I remember a news story not long ago of a young baby losing one of her legs after whatever she was wrapped in got caught in the chain, which then pulled her in and she lost one of her legs.

The family are probably still doing it with her younger siblings, but have added an amulet to the front of their wave.

I onice saw a 2 year old standing on a moped doing a "king of the world" titanic stance with his dad was travelling on the 181 highway from Chiang Mai to Doi Suket.

What a stupid comment.

What has this got to do with Falangs?

How many Falangs have you seen riding a motorbike against the direction of traffic with 3 passangers and not one helmet between them?

I have seen my fair share of Falang riders/drivers who were driving badly but nowhere near as bad as some of the Thai driving that I have seen here.

• Like 1

What a stupid comment.

How many Falangs have you seen riding a motorbike against the direction of traffic with 3 passangers and not one helmet between them?

I have seen my fair share of Falang riders/drivers who were driving badly but nowhere near as bad as some of the Thai driving that I have seen here.

I see farangs riding against the flow of traffic every day, and I see farangs on scooters with two or three family members every day.

I'm not in the habit of backing up Homeownership on the forum but you seem to have misunderstood his point, which is that farangs do it and should know better.

If you haven't seen stupid farangs on a motorcycle here in LOS then I fear you are in a minority of one.

What a stupid comment.

I see farangs riding against the flow of traffic every day, and I see farangs on scooters with two or three family members every day.

I'm not in the habit of backing up Homeownership on the forum but you seem to have misunderstood his point, which is that farangs do it and should know better.

If you haven't seen stupid farangs on a motorcycle here in LOS then I fear you are in a minority of one.

Blether by name and Blether by nature. biggrin.png

If you read my post again you will see thai I wrote 'I have seen my fair share of Falang riders/drivers who were driving badly.

Yes there are some Falangs who should not be on the road but the craziest driving that I have seen in Thailand was by Thai drivers.

Please tell me where you have seen a Falang rider who would allow his 2 year old to stand on the back seat while travelling on the highway or at least give me an instance of a Falang driver/rider doing something as stupid as this.

Many years ago I was knocked off my motorbike by a Thai driver through what i thought was the most idiotic case of driving that there could be.

I was riding on a narrow lane and a female Thai was driving towards me and she was looking in her vanity mirror while applying her lipstick.

The child (of about four years old) was sitting on her lap steering the car because mom was to busy.

Please tell me how many Falangs (both inside and outside of Thailand) would do something that crass.

Homeownership did not say "Falangs are even worse over here because they should know better", he said "Falangs are even worse over here and they should know better".

There is no misunderstanding on my behalf, Homeownership in his words is implying that Falangs are worse drivers than Thais.

Also why should Falangs know better?

Is there a part of the Thai Highway Code that states that ignorance to the consequences is an acceptance?

Edited by tonytigerbkk

I've never seen farangs do that in 7 years of living here.

But I don't go to Pattaya and Phuket. Perhaps that's why.

• Like 1

Don't want to be argumentative, ( eh, ignore that ) I saw a farang guy I was drinking with jump on a bike with the mother of his two kids last Friday. He then insisted on driving. I suppose I should add that the two kids aged about 3 and 5 were on the bike too.

I'm pretty sure I saw him scoop up three random soi dogs and a passing old lady too but to be fair I did have a fair bit to drink.

Just sayin' drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Mixed feelings here. If I had my wsy no baby woukd ever be on a bike but how else do you take the kid to the doctor in rural areas? No taxis around what do you do? An uncle up country at least has one of those kid seats on his bike where the kid dits in front of him. Not ideal I know but we can't apply Western rules to people who cant afford alternative firns of transport. We never drive without our baby strapped into her car seat but when I was a child we didn't even have seatbelts.

Times change, they will here too, you can see plenty of Thais in Bangkok using car seats now.

• Like 1

Don't want to be argumentative, ( eh, ignore that ) I saw a farang guy I was drinking with jump on a bike with the mother of his two kids last Friday. He then insisted on driving. I suppose I should add that the two kids aged about 3 and 5 were on the bike too.

I'm pretty sure I saw him scoop up three random soi dogs and a passing old lady too but to be fair I did have a fair bit to drink.

Was that in Pattaya or Phuket? :rolleyes:

What a stupid comment.

There's a horrific video on Liveleak of 2 western males who were splattered. In the video is their powerful motorbike and the corpses of the two males in shorts and tees who were not wearing helmets and most likely flip flops. One guy's head is missing Most of it is missing. His brains are in a different area. The other guy looks like he's jelly. If more westerners saw this video, maybe they would heed the warnings.

My wife unexpectedly invited neighbors (2 women and an infant) to join us on a shopping trip yesterday. As soon as I realized what was going on I ordered her to retrieve a booster seat from our house. From the kerfuffle & amount of time it took them to belt up it was clear that all 3 were doing so for the very first time. My wife tried to explain but it was clear from their body language that this was an unnecessary inconvenience & an over reaction on my behalf.

Who's fault would it have been if any of them had been killed/injured as a result of a road accident while I (a foreigner) was driving?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

What a stupid comment.

There's a horrific video on Liveleak of 2 western males who were splattered. In the video is their powerful motorbike and the corpses of the two males in shorts and tees who were not wearing helmets and most likely flip flops. One guy's head is missing Most of it is missing. His brains are in a different area. The other guy looks like he's jelly. If more westerners saw this video, maybe they would heed the warnings.

I actually doubt it. There seems to be a certain percentage of the male population that enjoy the chest thumping bravado of taking silly chances on motorcycles. I see them here all the time in Canada.

That is different than Thai women taking young infants and children on motorbikes. They somehow think that Buddha will take care of them and they have no input at all.

How many. Far to mant to mention.

What a stupid comment.

My wife unexpectedly invited neighbors (2 women and an infant) to join us on a shopping trip yesterday. As soon as I realized what was going on I ordered her to retrieve a booster seat from our house. From the kerfuffle & amount of time it took them to belt up it was clear that all 3 were doing so for the very first time. My wife tried to explain but it was clear from their body language that this was an unnecessary inconvenience & an over reaction on my behalf.

Who's fault would it have been if any of them had been killed/injured as a result of a road accident while I (a foreigner) was driving?

Whenever I took the extended family out "Yai" always wanted to sit in the front...but without her seatbelt..... I just refused to pull away untill it was on. The amount of furious argument was unbelievable. Unbelievable because they all agreed with her and not me ( Yes I know Yai is the Matriach and all must obey her!) but what message is it sending out?? Nobody wears a helmet..I have seen kids barely hanging onto the rice harvester as it races from field to field but the worst are the kids running in front of the front cutting blades trying to catch the escaping rats to sell...

Every time I go down the 181 to Chiang Mai, theres a moped rider or six with a death wish. I hear them in the cafes complng that they were "targeted" by the Police and fined for notvwearing a helmet. Then the next time you the, " no helmet".

I have seen te accidents, how they are covered when dead in any old bit of blanket. Nothing deters them.

At traffic lights they swarm both sides of your car, most of thevtime, they are heading on te hard shoulder for lacknof a better word, narrowly escaping death and even have the audacity to sometimes jumpbtraffic lights by mounting the pavements.

Every time I go down the 181 to Chiang Mai, theres a moped rider or six with a death wish. I hear them in the cafes complng that they were "targeted" by the Police and fined for notvwearing a helmet. Then the next time you the, " no helmet".

I have seen te accidents, how they are covered when dead in any old bit of blanket. Nothing deters them.

At traffic lights they swarm both sides of your car, most of thevtime, they are heading on te hard shoulder for lacknof a better word, narrowly escaping death and even have the audacity to sometimes jumpbtraffic lights by mounting the pavements.

They have been taught no different, police don't care to implement laws that are there, it will never change until a government has the balls to ask what are you paid servants of the people actually doing.

Yeah but I bet he didnt have a cow on it as well??

• Like 1

That is horrendous. Nothing else to say

I remember a news story not long ago of a young baby losing one of her legs after whatever she was wrapped in got caught in the chain, which then pulled her in and she lost one of her legs.

The family are probably still doing it with her younger siblings, but have added an amulet to the front of their wave.

Sadly these exact kinds of stories have been reported on the news at least 4 times over the last 7 years that I can recall. Is is very sad.