What to do with soi dog family inside my condo ?

balo

Take the dogs to the vet, get them sterilized if you want to be a part of a long term solution. Problem with soi dogs is that they breed like rats. At least you'd have broken a part of the chain.

Yes, you could do it yourself or get some help from https://www.soidog.org/Default.aspx, to which I make regular donations, and so should all of you. They do incredible work! They have a mobile clinic and will set up in your area for a day and sterilize 40-45 dogs and cats. They will not come for many less than that!

• Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take the dogs to the vet, get them sterilized if you want to be a part of a long term solution. Problem with soi dogs is that they breed like rats. At least you'd have broken a part of the chain.

I is difficult to find a Thai vet who will sterilize a pet. Buhddist thing.

What are you talking about? It's easy to get a dog sterilized, it's putting them down (ie killing them) that the Thai vets will not do.

Who let the dogs out on that one?

I've never seen so much idiocy come out of the woodwork at one point in time. Not much to do on Sunday, boys?

Back to the subject at hand. The security is not supposed to feed the dogs. This is definitely a management issue and should be brought up with them.

You should also talk to the security and tell them that the dogs are ruining your sleep and it is their job to ensure you are comfortable where you live.

If challenged on the matter, and they continue feeding the dogs, and your sleep continues to be ruined, then they're definitely not keeping your comfort and security in mind.

You would then have sufficient reason to take additional action.

They do have a right to exist, but they don't have to exist in your proximity unless they are paying rent. As for you having to do much more work to make that happen, not necessary either.

It's the security's mess and they need to be made accountable.

Dogs, like every other living thing belong on this earth, and deserve respect to their life.

All living things have souls and feelings.

Only the ignorant do not recognise these facts.

Respect for all life great and small.

Our WHOLE PLANET is just a grain of sand inside a whole living thing beyond even our universe (which contains BILLIONS of galaxies and untold planets full of life) .

May i ask, what are you doing in a Buddhist country in the first place if you do not recognise these most basic of facts.

If you want the clean sterilised all life has no f---in value lifestyle of the west, then go to the west.

The reason those security guards, who earn so LITTLE in comparisson to your wealth, feed those dogs, is because they recogise the beauty and sanctitiy of all life.

LOOK at that photo, look at that beautiful family.

You could embrace them, learn each ones individual personality and have some new beautiful loyal friends who NEVER JUDGE YOU like humans do.

Yet you turn your back to the very beauty of our world and embrace your own destructive sterile view of reality.

WAKE UP

There is a whole world of good and love out there, do not fear it, or hate it.

Embrace it.

My advice? Give the dogs some love and food, buy a set of headphones, and when you go to bed, listen to some Bhuddist chants to fall asleep.

Take care of yourself and your life, open your eyes and heart.

Count your good fortune you have the life you do.

Hey , Bah Bo what planet you from and wot you smoking? ((:

Where I live, pets are forbidden in the regulations. We don't have a problem with dogs but did have a large number of stray cats. They were rounded up from time to time and taken to a nearby temple where the monks would look after them.

Alan

www.soidog.org look like they are active only in Phuket and Bangkok - maybe not, but their Web site only has enquiries for Phuket & BKK. Dog Rescue Centre in Samui has been neutering and vaccinating stray dogs on request, as well as taking in stray victims of traffic and so on. Samui has been declared "rabies-free" because of this. They get paid by the Tessabaan for each dog they treat. They were set up by a Swiss couple and now have two premises, several vehicles and numerous donators (including me). If there was no similar organisation in Pattaya, lobbying the Pattaya mayor's office with a business plan might bear fruit.

There is a guy here with a shelter, but he is full, over 150 dogs.http://mabprachananimalshelter.org/

I have re-homed a few pups myself, take pics put up all over the internet and good chance someone will take it.

For few, i found homes through a pet shop

The deal was pup is free if you buy a 10 kg bag of food.

That worked well as people who took them seemed really genuine and loving(bought lots of toys as well) the downside is can not really follow up on what happens, but better than doing nothing at all.

• Like 1

Dogs, like every other living thing belong on this earth, and deserve respect to their life.

All living things have souls and feelings.

Only the ignorant do not recognise these facts.

Respect for all life great and small.

Our WHOLE PLANET is just a grain of sand inside a whole living thing beyond even our universe (which contains BILLIONS of galaxies and untold planets full of life) .

May i ask, what are you doing in a Buddhist country in the first place if you do not recognise these most basic of facts.

If you want the clean sterilised all life has no f---in value lifestyle of the west, then go to the west.

The reason those security guards, who earn so LITTLE in comparisson to your wealth, feed those dogs, is because they recogise the beauty and sanctitiy of all life.

LOOK at that photo, look at that beautiful family.

You could embrace them, learn each ones individual personality and have some new beautiful loyal friends who NEVER JUDGE YOU like humans do.

Yet you turn your back to the very beauty of our world and embrace your own destructive sterile view of reality.

WAKE UP

There is a whole world of good and love out there, do not fear it, or hate it.

Embrace it.

My advice? Give the dogs some love and food, buy a set of headphones, and when you go to bed, listen to some Bhuddist chants to fall asleep.

Take care of yourself and your life, open your eyes and heart.

Count your good fortune you have the life you do.

Hey , Bah Bo what planet you from and wot you smoking? ((:

I believe he is from the planet human being with compassion, what planet are you from?

• Like 1

That is the healthiest and best looking soi dog I have ever seen in Thailand! In my neighborhood back in the day, they were in an incredible sad state.

• Like 1

That's news to me. As I wrote earlier, have four cats, all sterilized, done at three different vet clinics. Never been turned down.

As far as I know (gf confirms) there's nothing in Buddhism that goes against sterilizing pets.

Edited by Zumteufel
  • Like 1

I may jokingly suggest round up the strays and donate them to the local croc farm...

But stray dogs a a big problem in Pattaya and other large built up areas, they are a big Health and Safety hazard, I am not sure if microchipping is common practice but it should be, it demonstrates ownership, not just the of the dog but the responsibilities associated with owning a dog such as the dogs welfare and compensating others for damage the dog may do.

Balo showed a picture of an adorable pup but that pup will grow into a fair sized dog, if does not become road kill or die of some ghastly disease which as a soi dog the chances are high.

As a soi dog do they have a quality of life? fighting with ever over dog in the soi for scraps of food, fighting with every other male dog for the right to screw a bitch on heat, finding somewhere to get out the sun, finding clean water to drink when they need.

Is in not better that unowned dogs should be rounded up, the healthy ones neutered, vaccinated and chipped and found good homes and the others, well maybe find somewhere for them to live out the rest of their natural lives.

That's news to me. As I wrote earlier, have four cats, all sterilized, done at three different vet clinics. Never been turned down.

As far as I know (gf confirms) there's nothing in Buddhism that goes against sterilizing pets.

Most definitely right! I`ve got my 2 cats and currently 7 dogs (5 fostered) all sterilized/neutered. But should your cat or dog suffer a serious disease and there is to cure, you will have quite a hard time to find a vet who will do euthanasia.... And that of course, is a Buddhist thing.

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed