Thai Girlfriend Blackmails Me With Green Book

bikerjoy

quote from op If no repay she will go to prison. lawyer told me,........My advice dont ever ever ever use that lawyer again ,give the bike back and forget about it and try to learn from your mistake........i take it she is your ex girlfriend now.

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask her how much she wants for the green book, then work out if it's worth paying it or not.

Agree, just ask "how much money" she wants to give you green-book and transfer to your name. if reasonable money, they pay her otherwise just give her the bike IN PIECES.

I think you would be very foolish to so obviously damage her motor bike. You could face a Criminal Damage charge which could get you locked up for a considerable time until you raised bail and then unable to leave the country for a couple of years while it drags through court. If you signed a hire purchase agreement you may have to pay for it even if she recovers the bike. In this case tell the finance company you are not paying and they can reposess the bike.

Lot of advice here to damage the bike - be careful following such advice as legally its her bike and thus damaging it is malicious damage. If reprisal is the game, then better to be simply negligent (leaving the key in it at the local market). However, I still feel that you have a negotiating position (the loan versus the bike - or even sell and split the money). I had a friend in the UK that made such an agreement with his ex - he then promptly sold his car to a mate for a quid - 50p each (though he was forced to pay more later in court as it was an obvious ploy - but still a lot less than it was worth).

The bike is belong to her even if you have the bike, key and the registration book with you. As for the loan she have to pay back to you since you have a contract signed. She can always tell the police that the bike is a gift from you and it is hers now. Lawyer will tell you that you have a chance so that they are hired but if lost the case you still need to pay the lawyer fee and the lawyer will tell you it is the judge decision not his. End of the day you will be a bigger sucker.

I think you're screwed- she's the legal owner- whether it was purchased with your money makes no difference- I believe even if you had a separate contract outlining your agreement you'd still have no chance, but I'd imagine you don't.

At least it wasn't a Panigale.wink.png

Having the green book does not automatically make her the owner when she cannot prove that she has fully paid the bike or prove HOW she got it, yes it used to be that easy but not anymore. Foreigners are not screwed that easy anymore as they used to be and protected more then before and win more lawsuits then a while ago, TS has paid for the bike and he can prove it so he does have a point here, first of all he should report this case of blackmail to the police ofcourse and perhaps have a lawyer involved.

Edited by rubberduck

She can always tell the police that the bike is a gift from you and it is hers now.

I've read this thread from start to finish and, reading between the lines, the bike was purchased for the ex-girlfriend's sole use. There's nothing to suggest that the bike was bought by the OP for his ownership, with the OP's cash, but in the ex-girlfriend's name. The loan agreement speaks volumes.

Up to the OP, but he's on to a loser if he wants to take matters further.

Having the green book automatically makes her the owner in the court of law, period.

Dont repeat this nonsense and make him piss away more money than the scooter is worth,

least of all to a thai lawyer.

In contrast to yourself, i have first hand experience with the crooks

Edited by poanoi

She can always tell the police that the bike is a gift from you and it is hers now.

I've read this thread from start to finish and, reading between the lines, the bike was purchased for the ex-girlfriend's sole use. There's nothing to suggest that the bike was bought by the OP for his ownership, with the OP's cash, but in the ex-girlfriend's name. The loan agreement speaks volumes.

Up to the OP, but he's on to a loser if he wants to take matters further.

Normally if you buy your girlfriend a moped you have her name written on the bill for warranty etc. and not your own name because this would make her losing the right for warranty.

Never sign anything in your girlfriend's / wife's name. No need! I bought my first motorcycle in my own name 4 years ago on a tourist Visa

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sad outlook in life when you can't trust the woman closest to you,ok G/F I can understand to a degree,but surely if your married and still can't trust your wife enough to put material goods in her name then the relationship doesn't have much going for it.
It's not about trust. It's about protecting what one has worked hard for. I will only sign What i am willing to lose. kNo one knows the future and people change some good some bad. Edited by yankee99
  • Like 1

Wow, some fanciful stories and advise here. I'm waiting for that old chestnut "she'll have you shot you know!"

Why would she? She only needs the police to go with her. In Thai law the name in the registration book is the owner, be it car or bike.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

But she could have him shot...if she wanted to.

That's true or she could get back together with him and cut his cock off and feed it to the ducks rolleyes.gif

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

How you know she has ducks ?

• Like 2

I think you're screwed- she's the legal owner- whether it was purchased with your money makes no difference- I believe even if you had a separate contract outlining your agreement you'd still have no chance, but I'd imagine you don't.

Having the green book does not automatically make her the owner when she cannot prove that she has fully paid the bike or prove HOW she got it, yes it used to be that easy but not anymore.

You're talking nonsense.

If the green book is in her name then legally it's hers........end of.

As for all the posts recommending damaging the bike, dumping the oil etc................jeeeez...........get a life will ya?

Just be grateful that its not a high end bike or car and lesson learnt for the future.

• Like 1

I have always said as a foreigner I will never buy anything in Thailand I am not prepared to walk away from.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But in case of cars / bikes ect you CAN get it in your name so your "wise" advice does not apply. Actually that advice starts to get boring after reading it a million times while things can be done to safeguard things. In this case it was just stupid to get it in her name, as ut obviously was meant for him.

• Like 1

I am sure when you gave her the bike via green book you loved her and wanted to make her life full with happiness. she is likely young at age and full of hope; however, now you feel scorned and seek farang revenge. smile.png ah, love......

fast forward 5-years: My house is in my Thai wife's name and she wants a divorce!!! Help!!

I kid, I kid.....just relax, it's only money, and let this fine soul enjoy such great materialistic possessions.

Having the green book does not automatically make her the owner when she cannot prove that she has fully paid the bike or prove HOW she got it, yes it used to be that easy but not anymore.

You're talking nonsense.

As for all the posts recommending damaging the bike, dumping the oil etc................jeeeez...........get a life will ya?

Just be grateful that its not a high end bike or car and lesson learnt for the future.

Not per definition, IF it becomes a court case they do want to know how she'd got it and if she obtained it legally. Basically the same as with happens with trouble over house/land ownerships. If she lose they can easily make her name in the green book invalid, seen this happen before only difference that was a big bike,

You and all the other people who put vehicles and houses in the name of a Thai woman will never learn. Your only hope is to try to pay her to transfer to your name. Your lawyer can't help you.

Next time when you do this think about it as a gift to the woman as this can be what it is.

Further if you allow a Thai person to rent a living quarters in their name and they decide you can't enter any more the landlord is powerless to cut the lock and allow you to enter unless the rent is not paid. AMAZING HOW WE NEVER LEARN! I have been down this road with the rental contract once.

Easy for me to say, but anger is a wasted and counterproductive emotion where business dealings are concerned (it's no longer personal).

Ignore the 'wreck the bike brigade' they're all thinking with their Chang heads onsmile.png

• Like 1

You're talking nonsense.

Yes, Rubber duck please don't talk nonsense. Use common sense, how can the bike not hers if the green book is in her name? Tell us one thing, can she have got the bike from her boyfriend who willing to give her anything she wants when they are together? When the relationship went sour he wants all back and said he paid for that? Hahaha want to have side bet see who will be the winner???

Agreed, don't waste the effort....move on..next .!

Edited by Garry