Thai Girlfriend Blackmails Me With Green Book

bikerjoy

Because, alas, the local office is unwilling to accept work-permits to put vehicles in farang's names. The previous administrator of the office was so willing, but the new one is not, so, there it is.

in which case you need to politely tell him that he is wrong and that you will be contacting Bangkok.. or in fact contact Bangkok and ask them to fax / email the regulations.

If you have a work permit and long term visa/ extension of stay then you can register a vehicle in your name.... even with out a work permit you can do this as long as you have a long term visa/ extension of stay... BUT if it near the end date on said visa some DMV's give you hassle especially if it's your 1st.

Fighting with a Thai in authority? No thanks, my friend. I'm patient. The guy will no doubt be promoted onward to another district in a few years.

(Though I generally avoid participating in any conflicts with powerful Thais, in this case I have a special reason for not doing so - I own many bikes, which is rather suspicious: they could accuse me of making profits off of them, either through renting them or buying-and-selling them. So, best not to make trouble.)

Are people still bangin' on about the guy who wants back the bike that's not really his? whistling.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man these silly creatures need to learn some manners.

If she was my ex, she wouldnt call them. She would get a call from them to behave properly.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Edited by A1Str8