DVD Hire

Pattel

I used to hire DVDs from a shop on 3rd Road. It was part of a nationwide franchise. 40 Baht a night for the latest films or 40 baht for 3 nights for the older ones. Unfortunately it closed a few months ago and I haven't yet found anywhere else nearby that rents DVDs.

I know I could buy DVDs from TUK com or the street but I don't really want to pay 100 Baht to watch a movie. The reason I like good quality DVDs is that I'm very hard of hearing so I use the subtitles on the DVD to watch it.

So does anybody know a shop that rents good quality DVDs. I have transport so anywhere in the Pattaya area would be fine.

Drive slowly it is easy to miss and small, it is just a little ways south of soi 15 on soi bouy cow on the left if you are traveling south towards pat tai on the right if coming from pat tai, or same as the suk (non beach) side of the road.

I have not yet rented there but been in there and it looks well managed, lots of thai movies too.

Lots of 'real' massage shops, some for 100 baht around there too.

• 4 months later...

There is a rental shop on Soi Buakhau. It's on the left about half way going from Soi Diana to Pattaya Tai. DVDs 30 baht a night, originals not copies.

The trouble is its gone. I have been using it (but not for the last couple of months) when I went yesterday it was closed. Not just closed, empty. Does anybody have any suggestions.