Thailand aims to attract Muslim, Israeli and gay tourists

webfact

Culture Studies 101 - Dear TAT. Muslims and Israelis don't like each other politically or religiously. This recent dislike is 65 years old but the history goes back over a thousand years. Homosexuality is forbidden by Islamic (Muslim) law.It is a crime punishable by imprisonment. This headline, I am sure, would be highly insulting to all three. Please do your homework. smile.png

What about Muslims from Israel - like all the ones kicked off their land to make way for the Israelis - do they have to dislike themselves?

You'll find there are plenty of them if you do your homework.

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muslims, Israelis and gays!

Put them altogether and just feel the love!

I agree.... fully about bringing muslims and Israelis makes a good love patch in Thailand... about the gays..... well they cannot be won with words...they love the whole package no matter which country..... by the way thailand is not only the tourist friendly to these groups...... there are many other countries.... they do not blow their trumpet in doing so.... smile.png

.....and in other news Hitler Fried Chicken has announced the opening of ten more outlets with a special kosher menu to cope with the expected surge in tourists from Israel. The Thai Department of Business Development was quoted as saying, "Clearly another success for Thai entrepreneurs, we are the hub of global tolerance and sensitivity."

Breaking News: They're opening a pub next door to Hitler Fried Chicken called "The Gas Chamber".

I shouldn't, I did, I'm sorry...but something like this really wouldn't surprise me.....

yes and on the otherside... NATO fries and chips

I can't understand how one markets Thailand travel to gays. If I were gay, I might be offended at the whole idea. It seems somewhat discriminatory to me.

As for Muslims, I suppose you could cater to their very strict lifestyle, but Thailand has strong "sanook" culture that I would think offensive to most orthodox Muslims.

I used to run across the odd Israeli tourist here but not for some time, so perhaps the numbers have dwindled a lot. It's my impression that more and more people feel less and less support for Israel and think of it as a rouge state now. It seems that its only ally in the world is the USA, so Israelis may not feel welcome or comfortable anywhere else in the world now.

Many countries directly market to the gay travel market.

The gay travel market is HUGE.

Not offended to be advertised to. Why would we be?

You can't understand? Perhaps you don't get "out" much:

There are plenty of Israeli tourists in Pattaya, now as ever. It's a small market of course compared to the Muslim world, but they're here. Enough to support a number of Israeli restaurants and guesthouses anyway.

No. I don't get out much, and never in the gay community. I just assumed that like any other minority, gays wouldn't want to be distinguished (for their sexual orientation in this case) -- but rather treated like any other people. I understand what you are saying but didn't realize that gays enjoy being singled out for marketing. I'm a bit surprised and will assume that you qualify as a spokesperson for all gays.

Can you imagine the fireworks if those 3 groups were actually alowed to be close to each other? Israilies hate the Musies and the Mousies hate the Israilies and the gays. There might be more hate crime coming to a resort near you soon.

Hint: Sunee Plaza greater neighborhood in Pattaya

Scads of dodgier versions of gay bars mixed with Iranian and Arabic restaurants and shisha hangouts catering to many flavors of people from the global Muslim world.

I don't recall ever hearing of one gay vs. Muslim fight there ever.

Of course many of the Muslims are also .... gay ... but mostly not.

Don't imagine problems that don't exist.

OK, I have to admit I wouldn't invest in an Israeli hangout in that immediate area ... especially a gay Israeli place ...

Edited by Jingthing

Reading comments on here just makes me giggle. Maybe instead of spending their daily lives bitching about the locals, Thai Visa users should go out more. These three groups have been coming to Thailand for years. I know it must be hard to accept that Farangs in Thailand are not the centre of attention any more, but it is time you people got used to this reality.

whistling.gif