Thailand aims to attract Muslim, Israeli and gay tourists

webfact

Look, let's get real here.

Muslims are diverse and travel for different reasons.

Israelis are diverse and travel for different reasons. .

Gay are diverse and travel for different reasons..

But they are ALL good targets for many tourism markets.

Including Thailand.

I think the theme of this article was that these demographics are not courted everywhere. Which they are not.

For example, the USA welcomes Muslim travelers in theory but the VISA situation will be difficult for many depending on their country.

Israelis are banned from Malaysia, Thailand's neighbor, so obviously not welcome everywhere.

Gay tourists are not welcome in countries like Iran, Russia, and Nigeria.

Good for Thailand for being so OPEN to so many diverse people.

All people are diverse and travel for different reasons, Jingthing come on... lighten up if you were going to choose three completely opposite demographic groups these three are pure comedy gold. The idea behind targeting these groups is fine. But announcing all three at the same press conference as part of a new strategy is just begging for the piss to be taken.

Imagine TAT presenting this to the Israeli / Muslim public which is fed a daily stream (in different measures depending on the country) of anti semtic / muslim / gay propaganda by their domestic press. Now you want TAT to suggests they holiday together.

Good idea by TAT, but utterly idiotic and lacking sensitivity in the extreme.

Anything is possible. People can come together. Sort of. In Hollywood, Persian women by expensive clothes from gay men in shopping venues owned by Israeli Jews. Granted, this does sort of leave the lesbians out in the cold.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muslims, Israelis and gays!

Put them altogether and just feel the love!

Can't be worse than Germans and British fighting for the reservation of a place on the pool....

This is one fight the Brits can never hope to win, the Germans are the world champions at chair towelling.

Can't be worse than Germans and British fighting for the reservation of a place on the pool....

This is one fight the Brits can never hope to win, the Germans are the world champions at chair towelling.

and they are organized like no one else! Germans who don't know each other work together. Every day another wakes up at 5 AM and puts the towels for all the Germans. While I am not German and don't see the point of it, I admire the perfect self organization of them.

......by marketing itself as a place where halal food (complying with Islamic requirements) is readily available and “halal spas” offer separate facilities for women and men.

Funny that many tourists from predominately Muslim countries seek access to alcohol and ladies or boys of easy virtue when visiting Thailand. In Pattaya they also seek high powered motorbikes (which they can not access in their home countries) as well and less than legal "medication" and smoking materials.

See Sharia Law regarding one-hour marriage and easy divorce laws that exist to allow a good-Muslim to have sex with a "wife" then divorce her after the deed is done.

As for the Thai Muslims, Thailand has shown little progress in the South which would be where they might seek to create a Muslim holiday resort?

Where we used to live in Pattaya the Thai Muslims both sold and ate pork, when asked about this, it was OK because they are poor.

Thailand where flexible religious rules apply ©

That should be the marketing slogan for the campaign.

We had here a very nice, Muslim from Indonesia for training.

All the Thai males very amazed that he has 3 wives...

Direct questions if he drink alcohol and eat pork.

Both he don't but there is the exception if he doesn't know it is alcohol or pork there is no problem with it.

He didn't speak Thai, so he ate everything he go, including the pork soup he ordered himself every day in the morning.

And on the parties he just couldn't recognize that Singha beer and Black Label is Alcohol. cheesy.gif

I know why I don't like Thailand anymore...

Hopefully those wanted tourist will just go to the russians spots as Pattaya, Phuket and some BKK...

Leave Isaan free and happy!

• Like 1

I know why I don't like Thailand anymore...

Hopefully those wanted tourist will just go to the russians spots as Pattaya, Phuket and some BKK...

Leave Isaan free and happy!

So you don't like Muslims, Israelis, and gays.

Does it feel liberating to "come out" like that?

• Like 1

A Muslim, an Israeli and a gay guy walk into a bar.

Said the Muslim: "Which Israeli general thought he was a lesbian? Mosher Dianne. Ha ha ha."

Sick, said the Israeli. "Which Muslim general was into bestiality? Mustapha Khamel. Ha ha ha."

Grrr, said the Muslim. "And you, fay one. You want to insult someone??

No, he said. "But an Israeli gay friend says he likes elderly Muslims. He wants to go to Baghdad."

It gets lonely out here sometimes. 1zgarz5.gif

I was thinking that.

Of course one shouldn't generalise but Muslims and gay Jews must surely be as close as you can get to the demographic equivalent of nitro and glycerin. whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

To really and truly make this an "Include-All Love Fest", they should also include neo-nazis...after all, for some very strange and bizarre reason, the swastika and hitler have become something of a trend in Thailand. That is one tour bus I would prefer to stay far away from...

* Note to self, stay away from this topic. coffee1.gif

I'm with you, I was busy today and only just read this one, this topic has stickers on it that read 'wide berth', ''barge pole' and an act of desperation from a minister who hasn't even got a slender grip on reality.

It's just noise, how can anyone with half a brain think that headline is not going to generate ridicule.

• Like 1

* Note to self, stay away from this topic. coffee1.gif

I'm with you, I was busy today and only just read this one, this topic has stickers on it that read 'wide berth', ''barge pole' and an act of desperation from a minister who hasn't even got a slender grip on reality.

It's just noise, how can anyone with half a brain think that headline is not going to generate ridicule.

how can anyone with half a brain think that headline is not going to generate ridicule.

Yingluck? giggle.gif

I was thinking that.

Of course one shouldn't generalise but Muslims and gay Jews must surely be as close as you can get to the demographic equivalent of nitro and glycerin. whistling.gif

Presumably the point would be to hope that all 3 groups don't find out you are trying to attract them all at once.

.....and in other news Hitler Fried Chicken has announced the opening of ten more outlets with a special kosher menu to cope with the expected surge in tourists from Israel. The Thai Department of Business Development was quoted as saying, "Clearly another success for Thai entrepreneurs, we are the hub of global tolerance and sensitivity."

• Like 1

.....and in other news Hitler Fried Chicken has announced the opening of ten more outlets with a special kosher menu to cope with the expected surge in tourists from Israel. The Thai Department of Business Development was quoted as saying, "Clearly another success for Thai entrepreneurs, we are the hub of global tolerance and sensitivity."

I can't, but I would really like to like this three times.

• Like 1

Ironic how Thailand wants to attract the exact people many if not most others want to avoid biggrin.png width=20 alt=biggrin.png>

Do they really?

Gay tourists are some of the most sought after in the world. You didn't know?

Jingthing has it about right. In most developed countries anyway, the gay community tends to be prosperous and they take decent care of their neighborhoods. There are already gay hangouts in BKK (Boys Town in Patpong on Surawongse), so if gays bother you, don't go to where they hang out. Muslims tend to hang around Sukhumvit soi 11; lots of them stay at the Ambassador hotel there. I've stayed there before and could not have cared less there were Muslims there. Thailand has plenty of gays and Muslims in the country, so what's the big deal ??? If they're willing to pay and behave themselves, they should be welcomed. Of course, all of us Wonder White Bread Caucasian farang have NEVER caused any problems in the LOS....whistling.gif

• Like 1

Ironic how Thailand wants to attract the exact people many if not most others want to avoid biggrin.png

Do they really?

Gay tourists are some of the most sought after in the world. You didn't know?

JT, do you live on Broadway and burst out yelling "it's opening night" at around 5pm every night.

I was thinking that.

Of course one shouldn't generalise but Muslims and gay Jews must surely be as close as you can get to the demographic equivalent of nitro and glycerin. whistling.gif

Presumably the point would be to hope that all 3 groups don't find out you are trying to attract them all at once.

Put it this way...I would MUCH rather sit next to a Muslim, gay or Israeli in a bar than sit next to my 2nd ex-wife...bah.gif

"Thailand, a predominantly Buddhist country, is trying to tap into the lucrative market of Muslim travelers. Unlike neighboring Myanmar, where anti-Muslim feelings have recently spilled over into violence, Thailand presents itself as a Muslim-friendly country."

You might want to ask those in the south about that.

Have you ever Googled to see a map in 1939 of Thailand and the a map of 1945 Thailand. Kind of interesting how Thailand increased its land mass in what used to be the Malay peninsula. No wonder their fighting in what is now called "South Thailand". Muslim friendly??????????????????????????????????

Wow, Thailand has more in common with Israel than I realised...both illegally stealing shed loads of land from their neighbours!

Breaking News: They're opening a pub next door to Hitler Fried Chicken called "The Gas Chamber".

I shouldn't, I did, I'm sorry...but something like this really wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by BwindiBoy