• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was in a US Honda dealer today

He had 600 rr for 11,490 usd or 371k baht

Also has the cbr 650 for 8,500 no abs or 9k usd with abso 274k & 290k baht

hard to believe cheaper in US than where it is made

yes and also it is made in Thailand and shipped to USA and still cheaper than here!!!

It is bc of the new tax increase they introduced here two years ago i think. But they have this destination charge in USA, is it included on the price you mentioned?

If i am living in USA for 9000 USD i am sure i get something else as add 20 percent more and get a supersport! or even for 1 k less, you can get a yamaha mt09.

yes and also it is made in Thailand and shipped to USA and still cheaper than here!!!

It is bc of the new tax increase they introduced here two years ago i think. But they have this destination charge in USA, is it included on the price you mentioned?

If i am living in USA for 9000 USD i am sure i get something else as add 20 percent more and get a supersport! or even for 1 k less, you can get a yamaha mt09.

Yes that was total price LL

In fact you can do better for cash too.

Dealers hurting here & never really recovered from 2009 crashes yet

This dealer actually has some 2012 & 2013 stock too

Yamaha 2014 R6 is 10,500

Suzuki will do 5 year basically interest free to sell bikes

Even Honda cars are 0.9% 5 year loans : )

Amazing eh? Less than 1%

Edited by mania

Canada the same. Show up with cash and some great deals available.

And this is not even counting the quality used bikes, some of which are available at 30% of new price, with very low miles.

Yes that was total price LL

In fact you can do better for cash too.

This dealer actually has some 2012 & 2013 stock too

Yamaha 2014 R6 is 10,500

Suzuki will do 5 year basically interest free to sell bikes

Even Honda cars are 0.9% 5 year loans : )

Amazing eh? Less than 1%

i can see the suffering! man, very cool bikes for very cheap prices there. Want to move USA but hard ass rules and regulations and .king cold weather there in USA or Europe makes it impossible for me too to ride my bike like you mentioned in another thread.

Always want to come back to Thailand quickly if i am visiting back home like you toolaugh.png

There was a guy in a forum that bought a 2012 old model 0 km cbr600rr for less than 9 k USD!

Now we are going through strange times so if i see negative interest soon, i will not get surprisedlaugh.png

Edited by ll2

i can see the suffering! man, very cool bikes for very cheap prices there. Want to move USA but hard ass rules and regulations and .king cold weather there in USA or Europe makes it impossible for me too to ride my bike like you mentioned in another thread.

Always want to come back to Thailand quickly if i am visiting back home like you toolaugh.png

There was a guy in a forum that bought a 2012 old model 0 km cbr600rr for less than 9 k USD!

Now we are going through strange times so if i see negative interest soon, i will not get surprisedlaugh.png

Yes good prices but I will be happy to get backto Thailand next week. ;)

But not cold here... :)

Edited by mania

tomaway: that xpowerlube.com shop is not selling original pipes are they? Akra for the CBR500R for 6k THB has to be a copy? I was quoted 16k THB I think last time I asked for the original in a shop.

Does anyone have any experience with the copy versions of Akra pipes vs the original? In terms of sound as well as quality/longevity. At 6k I`d be tempted to put one on my CBR500R even though I plan to switch to a CB650F in the coming months.

The K-Speed video for the CB®650F is the first custom short pipe that I've seen. Sounds a bit better than stock but always hard to tell from youtube videos. Personally I prefer the sound of a twin, hell even the k speed MSX125 sounds cooler than the 4 cylinder from the 650 hehe.

^^

I'm looking at the Annitori quick-shifter for my bike- I need to put on some rear-sets first, but I've been slacking on my mods lately- a lot of business stuff should clear up this month and I'll be getting back on it soon.;)

I fancy traction control more than quickshifter.

bangkok roads are like glass nowadays and lots of construction so a lot of sandy patches. Just for a worry free commute.

Tranny is smooth on cbr650f and clutchless shifts are buttery of course cannot compare with a quickshifter though.

That is why considering Bazzaz. It has it all for 850 usd but cheaper around.

http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/traction-control/z-fi-tc-traction-qs-fuel

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

These pipes are definitely copies but as you said, for this price... tempting ...

I will wait for real genuine exhaust as it should also free the engine by removing the cata.

They really have to speedup!

If Akra could come with the same kind of pipe than for the MT-09.....

tomaway: that xpowerlube.com shop is not selling original pipes are they? Akra for the CBR500R for 6k THB has to be a copy? I was quoted 16k THB I think last time I asked for the original in a shop.

Does anyone have any experience with the copy versions of Akra pipes vs the original? In terms of sound as well as quality/longevity. At 6k I`d be tempted to put one on my CBR500R even though I plan to switch to a CB650F in the coming months.

The K-Speed video for the CB®650F is the first custom short pipe that I've seen. Sounds a bit better than stock but always hard to tell from youtube videos. Personally I prefer the sound of a twin, hell even the k speed MSX125 sounds cooler than the 4 cylinder from the 650 hehe.

sure it is copy if ti is 6000 thb.

I used a 5000 thb pipe on my cbr500r and it was totally sufficient. Not much power gain though but you lose 3 kgs.

K Speed one for cbr650f is not a pipe. They just dig the cat out of the stock pipe/cat combo box. I rode K Speed modded cb650f around their shop and it sounds really nice, a lot similar to a supersport but not loud.

Personally dont recommend their method though. Cat contains some precious metals and there is no turning back if you would like to sell the bike later and you will fail from emission tests.

I used a 5000 thb pipe on my cbr500r and it was totally sufficient. Not much power gain though but you lose 3 kgs.

K Speed one for cbr650f is not a pipe. They just dig the cat out of the stock pipe/cat combo box. I rode K Speed modded cb650f around their shop and it sounds really nice, a lot similar to a supersport but not loud.

Personally dont recommend their method though. Cat contains some precious metals and there is no turning back if you would like to sell the bike later and you will fail from emission tests.

Oh I understand now, well that's a No Go for me then. Leaving out the cat is a pretty bad idea imho.

I guess it will take some months before a proper short pipe comes on the market as like you said a slip on is impossible. Gives me more time on my CBR500R. I just hope Yamaha doesn't bring the MT-07 in the meantime here or it will be a difficult decision :P

I'm becoming more convinced that the easiest-to-access big gains are in the ECU- like y99 said, pipes swaps don't increase power like they used to.

Quite surprised more shops don't get into custom ECU's. Seems like a money maker.

Of course, you would need to have a copy of each bike, and a dyno for testing, so maybe just answered myself !!

Great gains to be made tho'

Piggybacks just do not have the range of adjustment from what I can figure.

I did my ECU tuning via a set-up I got through Woolich Racing- less than $500 gets you the tools and the stock .bin files for a lot of performance motorcycles- of course you still need a tuner, but I'm very satisfied with the way it worked.

I'm considering buying their new log box (new for my bike, anyway) to dial it in even further.

http://www.woolichracing.com

Most shops in LOS are more comfortable with a PC or Bazazz unit, but they're giving up on a lot of possible adjustments (ignition timing, STP settings, etc) by sticking with fueling only.

I

Most shops in LOS are more comfortable with a PC or Bazazz unit, but they're giving up on a lot of possible adjustments (ignition timing, STP settings, etc) by sticking with fueling only.

What is STP ?

I

What is STP ?

Secondary throttle plate i believe.

^

Secondary throttle plates (if your bike has them)- they are set to open a certain percentage at a given RPM, and manipulating them can add quite a bit of low and midrange power (not much top end as they're open 100% near redline even at factory settings). Some people remove them entirely, but that can lead to surging and fueling issues- setting them to open fully earlier in the rev range makes a big difference.

When I changed my STP settings to a more aggressive opening sequence, I could feel the difference immediately.

I was also able to dump the Kawasaki 'safety mode' (that can shut the plates down quite a bit if the throttle is whacked open in the lower gears) by overwriting it, as well as doing things eliminating the top speed limiter, increasing the redline 500rpm, and setting the TC to change on-the-fly- ECU tuning is interesting stuff- hackers are still finding new settings (like a third map setting for my bike so I can store an additional map- I haven't set that up yet, though).

Edited by RubberSideDown

One nice thing too is the ability to add fuel at partial throttle openings, where the factory tends to keep mixtures lean to pass emissions.

Gets rid of surging and makes the bike more 'Crisp'

nice. thanks for the link. Hope they dont do it so loud as Devil pipes are a lot loud!

mania, i am scared custom pipes for cbr650f after hearing some dyno results with custom pipes.

Mechs at Bigwing Bangkok told me that, two guys had dyno test with aftermarket custom pipes and both get some hps less than the stock!

They advised me not to get a custom pipe and wait for a recognized brand to release one but guys at Devil pipes looks more professional and their products are nicely made and maybe they do things in a better technical way so we can gain some power.

Another thing is; honda cbr650f has pipe and cat together so it is not like adding a slip on. Any pipe for it means a full system automatically so you cannot pass emission tests also O2 sensort creates problem if you remove it. Not sure if you need to remove O2 sensors to put an exhaust system for 650f if not it is easier as otherwise a dynojet/bazzaz fuel controller with O2 optimizer is needed along with an air filter. I am waiting for the Bazzaz Unit as they also offer traction control and quickshifter as a bundle for a good price of course it will take maybe another 6 months for them to release for sure:(

Hope Devil guys do a proper setup.

I tried a Devil on my Ninja 300 and it sounded like a garbage truck with no muffler. POS!! Took it off after two days and switched over to a scorpion. Lost some money but there’s no comparison between the two pipes.. Learned my lesson and vowed never again...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally decide to buy the new cbr 650f. So i went to big wings in pattaya. The bike is 300.000 plus 15.000 for insurance, plate and tax. You think is a fair price ? Is it possible to have discount somewhere? Also i wanted to buy the red and white color but they tell me in thailand the cbr 650f is only red or black. Is it true ? Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I finally decide to buy the new cbr 650f. So i went to big wings in pattaya. The bike is 300.000 plus 15.000 for insurance, plate and tax. You think is a fair price ? Is it possible to have discount somewhere? Also i wanted to buy the red and white color but they tell me in thailand the cbr 650f is only red or black. Is it true ? Thanks

I have not heard of anyone getting a better price than that. Yes, red and black are the only colors available, but you can always have it painted. Just don't forget to have the color in the book changed if you do. Kspeed has a light decal package available for the red, and you could probably get away with not changing the color in the book.

http://www.k-speed.net/product.detail_1055880_en_5928730#

spd_20140324171347_b.jpg

spd_20140324170242_b.jpg

spd_20140324170255_b.jpg

spd_20140324170710_b.jpg

Congrats. It is a good bike.

I paid 9200 thb for tokio marine insurance at bigwing bangkok and registration is free for bigwing members.

Normally registration has to be not more than 1500 thb but 300 k thb price for the bike is normal and you cannot get a discount.

Edited by ll2

maybe ive been lucky but none of my bikes has never been emission tested when changing ownership

just check the frame number matches the engine number and thats it

didnt even have to start the engine for them on any bike ..........but maybe if its really really loud they might think

of testing the emissions ,i usually keep the baffle in so its just a bit louder than stock but it sounds like a real bike

instead of a go-kart :)

Hello all,

I reserved a CBR650F back in December of 2013.

I finally got word that my bike will be ready by the end of May.

I am putting down 100,000 baht and will finance the rest with

whatever bank Big Wing suggests.

Has anyone else here financed one of these and if so, can you tell me details

of any extra fees involved, of course, full coverage insurance, what about delivery fees?

Are there any penalties for paying off the loan early....etc....any and all financial info in a

condensed post (to save you time) would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much, Joe

Hello all,

of any extra fees involved, of course, full coverage insurance, what about delivery fees?

Are there any penalties for paying off the loan early....etc....any and all financial info in a

condensed post (to save you time) would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much, Joe

The important thing is interest is not reduced with principle.

For example

300,000 @ 5% for 3 years

Year 1 15,000 interest due

Year 2 15,000 interest due

Year 3 15,000 interest due

Hello all,

As a foreigner, you need a guaranteur with a good credit score means he/she needs to be working.

Also they ask work permit.

No delivery fees.

I'm 5,10 95 KG and find long rides quiet comfortable but a flip screen would be great.

You paid deposit in December and you have yet to collect the bike?

I went 50% and stuck it in the wife's name. same prices but was just so much easier to get the finance.

post-205779-0-02611300-1398957461_thumb.