Honda cbr650 2014

called the 'firelube bike shop' guys for Fire Torch guys and they said pipe is real carbon fiber but it is 8000 thb not 4500. i think google translate messed up things again. 4500 thb is the price of Leo Vince corsa but not sure how they can fit a leo vince for 500 series and how does it fare on a 650 cc inline four bike, i dont think so i go for a modded Leo Vince.

8500 thb for Fire Torch changed the equations a bit, i might wait a little bit more for other pipes available in the future.

But they said 'paman' so it means open for haggling a bit:)

Also thinking of contacting with Fire Torch directly as they can do any custom pipe.

Edited by ll2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

called the 'firelube bike shop' guys for Fire Torch guys and they said pipe is real carbon fiber but it is 8000 thb not 4500. i think google translate messed up things again. 4500 thb is the price of Leo Vince corsa but not sure how they can fit a leo vince for 500 series and how does it fare on a 650 cc inline four bike, i dont think so i go for a modded Leo Vince.

8500 thb for Fire Torch changed the equations a bit, i might wait a little bit more for other pipes available in the future.

Also thinking of contacting with Fire Torch directly as they can do any custom pipe.

was that for carbon fiber or aluminum?

was that for carbon fiber or aluminum?

Carbon fiber.

Still good price imo if they go down to 7000 thb but connecting pipe looks so thin to me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

Leo Vince have an under body exhaust.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1395757322.527774.jpg

I saw it a while ago from Tie Mocyc. Your probably looking at 20K+ though.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

i see that. thanks a lot.

I messaged with 'Tie' guy last night and he said 6 months for an exhaust specifically made for cbr650f to arrive to Thailand.

I might go for that Fire Torch pipe but custom made as these guys can do any kind of custom made pipe with custom made installation.

check their page. All these supersport or liter bike owners cannot be wrong altogether.

https://www.facebook.com/FireTorchExhaust

personally i liked this pipe they make for z800.

Did he mention how much the Leo Vince exhaust will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Leo Vince have an under body exhaust.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1395757322.527774.jpg

I saw it a while ago from Tie Mocyc. Your probably looking at 20K+ though.

i see that. thanks a lot.

I messaged with 'Tie' guy last night and he said 6 months for an exhaust specifically made for cbr650f to arrive to Thailand.

I might go for that Fire Torch pipe but custom made as these guys can do any kind of custom made pipe with custom made installation.

check their page. All these supersport or liter bike owners cannot be wrong altogether.

https://www.facebook.com/FireTorchExhaust

personally i liked this pipe they make for z800.

Did he mention how much the Leo Vince exhaust will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

after hearing 6 months of wait, i did not ask the price but better expect like 40 or 50 k thb as it is a full system. If slip on maybe 25 - 30 k

LL make sure its original pipe.

Last time when I was servicing a bike in CM a guy was testing his Akrapovic pipe from K-Speed and he actually lost power on a dyno test about 2hp since last time. Mechanic said usually happens with fake pipes.

Last time when I was servicing a bike in CM a guy was testing his Akrapovic pipe from K-Speed and he actually lost power on a dyno test about 2hp since last time. Mechanic said usually happens with fake pipes.

i am not surprised to see a fake one of a Thai made pipe. fake of the fakebiggrin.png

That may be true

It may also be true the person running the dyno is not skilled

But most of all it is usually true that if you just bolt on a pipe or change intake filters etc

Regardless of brands

You may loose power as you still need to remap the bike for the new exhaust/intake changes

Many folks think bolt it on & go but that is not usually the case as the ECU/EFI is optimized for

how the bike was setup stock

Change the flows of exhaust or intake & you need to adjust at least fuel maps for the changes

Edited by mania

That may be true

It may also be true the person running the dyno is not skilled

But most of all it is usually true that if you just bolt on a pipe or change intake filters etc

Regardless of brands

You may loose power as you still need to remap the bike for the new exhaust/intake changes

Many folks think bolt it on & go but that is not usually the case as the ECU/EFI is optimized for

how the bike was setup stock

Change the flows of exhaust or intake & you need to adjust at least fuel maps for the changes

especially for high displacement bikes.

never bothered with before and after dyno testing but i do know when i changed the stock exhaust on my er6n

i had to put gas in it more often ,definately affected performance but the stock exhaust is so heavy its good to shed some

weight if you can .......

never bothered with before and after dyno testing but i do know when i changed the stock exhaust on my er6n

i had to put gas in it more often ,definately affected performance but the stock exhaust is so heavy its good to shed some

You probably just ride the bike harder as you like the sound. I've changed my exhaust many times and have never notice a significant change in Kilometers per liter. I've only got better performance as I lost weight.

Just my opinion, don't take it out of context, I'm not banging on how you ride.

You probably just ride the bike harder as you like the sound. I've changed my exhaust many times and have never notice a significant change in Kilometers per liter. I've only got better performance as I lost weight.

Just my opinion, don't take it out of context, I'm not banging on how you ride.

Definitely what I've noticed also. There's something about the more guttural sound (rather than the sewing machine most small to mid displacement bikes give off) that encourages revving it out and engine braking.

moth racing have done a rearset for cbr650f already.

5900 thb for the set. i need full black one.

also Moth have hand protectors for 1700 thb, looks ok too. might get one.

they have sliders etc more parts actually but the guy said they are still working on some of them.

But going to K Speed today after work to get the sliders and maybe the shock stabilizer.

also will get them install bikers nice bar ends - bought them new, 6 months ago - , fork adjusters - from k speed before - and rear brake reservoir aluminum cap - bikers new again bought 6 months ago, all remaining from my cbr500r.

photos soon!

post-184955-0-68676500-1395906445.jpg

post-184955-0-05247300-1395906447_thumb.

post-184955-0-65447900-1395906448_thumb.

Edited by ll2

I went to big wing Pattaya today and had a look around.

About 6-7 CB's on display and only 2 CBR's and the sales guy told me that they sell way more CB's than CBR's.

I had a test sit on both and like both bikes riding positions and was surprised about the CBR, not so low as I thought it would be.

They first have test bikes end of next month so will wait for now and are also waiting for on-line test reports.

Screenshot_2014-03-31-19-48-10.png

nice. but the front end is a lot stable, no shaking and although the roads around where i am living is a lot bad, still no wobble so far. I was getting a daily dose of wobble usually on my cbr500r. front end of cbr650f is not light as cbr500r due to cleverly forward slanted inline four engine.

So, at this moment, do not need a steering damper still might get one in the future.

Yankee, can you provide me the link?

thanks man.

The wobble on the 500 disappears with a fork brace.

Much stabler in the corners too.

Does anyone in Thailand sell them?

K speed has one for 1700 thb. Check their website. They can post to your address fast. Motive brand.

But it will not eliminate all the wobbling, keep in mind.

Spotted my first one in the wild today. Was next to him as he shot off from from each light for a several blocks. One thing is for sure, this bike needs an aftermarket exhaust. It is whisper quit even when pushed. At first I thought it was electric!

Edited by NomadJoe

Now i understand why the bike is 209 kg.

The cat and headers is around 9 kg at least! Cat is also heavier than it looks.

Of course i checked it with my not so super accurate hand.

So if i put a pipe only, i might save around 5 kgs!

Talked with one of the custom pipe maker at his stand at BIRA and he said he can do a custom under swingarm carbon fiber pipe and connecting pipe for 7000 thb. I might visir his shop!

post-184955-13963441374467_thumb.jpg

K speed has one for 1700 thb. Check their website. They can post to your address fast. Motive brand.

I haven't noticed any wobbling on my 500, but I appreciate their usefulness. Thanks for the linkl

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

I was at the motor show today and noticed this

The black piece not the shock. It seemed to be connected to the catalytic converter.

Any idea LL

If it is an evap it is usually connected by hose to a vent on the side of the gas tank.Does not rob any power etc. also can be easily removed if so desired with no ill effects

Trust me, it does eliminate the wobble, it is even more stable on roads with crosswinds.