Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has any firms produced a touring screen or luggage yet for a CB ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

they have top box mount and top box and many luggages on the market fit with proper and strong metal pannier mounts.

Just a silly question guys: as many owner of Cb, I removed the big plastic plate number holder for a small tailtidy wish make the back of the bike really sexy!wub.png

But.... But.... Any of you have an idea on how to reduce the water projection.... As it is a real pain to have my back always covered with dirt....

Any idea?

huh.png

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One idea when going riding with wet and mud dirt on the road take the wife or girlfriend on the back problem solved. biggrin.png

Today I went to order new handle grip, the stock ones are really bad, and some LED light.

Still have to found some levers which look better and maybe nice mirrors.

I also get a quote to cover the bike in Black and Carbon... could be nice!!

Here is pic of the bikes....

7t7p.jpg

how much was the led lights if you can remember ?

Thanks Eisfeld for the reply, I will have a look when it will stop raining....

As I am a very clever man, I asked Honda to install the tail tidy on the very first day and when they asked me when I wanted to collect the big plastic one I just replied never....... FAIL! I might swallow my pride and go back their to see if I am not the only one ...

For the light, it is something like 4000Thb for rear and front... not really a good price but they look good.... I am supposed to get it today... If I can go out 555

Thanks Eisfeld for the reply, I will have a look when it will stop raining....

As I am a very clever man, I asked Honda to install the tail tidy on the very first day and when they asked me when I wanted to collect the big plastic one I just replied never....... FAIL! I might swallow my pride and go back their to see if I am not the only one ...

For the light, it is something like 4000Thb for rear and front... not really a good price but they look good.... I am supposed to get it today... If I can go out 555

nice bike man, congrats! how do you like it?

you mean led signals/turn indicators, right?

Never leave any part behind even if you never use it again! I got my stock tail of course after the installation of Active tailtidy at Bigwing Bangkok:)

Thanks, the bike is great! Exactly what I was looking for.

The 4 in lines sounds great and is just waiting for a better pipe to sing correctly. The only thing about the bike is maybe the front suspension which could be more firm... But not a big deal.

The problem with stock parts is that I am already storing all the ones from the tmax and it is a pain....

Yep, I am talking about the turn indicators.

Yesterday i installed Led signals and new grip..... 4 hours to install the whole things....

As soon as the mechanic touched the cable of acceleration, it went down under the fuel tank...

I didn't think to see the bike in pieces so quickly....

But the trailer in the end look good!

I try to attached pic but I am on a mobile...

post-90264-13970253849831_thumb.jpg

tomaway - I have a question.

I am in the market for another bike, and the CB650 looks great. How tall are you ?? And how do you fit on the bike ??

By this I mean does it feel cramped to you - not enough room ?? Especially concerned for riding long distances.

Thanks.

Seedy, I had a sit on both the "f" & "r" yesterday and the hight (or bars) seemed no problem. I am around 5" 9" (ish). Seat seemed very firm but maybe that was just "first time impressions" on a new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks Dilly - had a seat on one before too. No interest in the CBR variant - my Sportster knee will not allow that riding position for more than an hour.

First impressions for me - at 6 foot - is that it feels a little cramped. But, as you say, may be just first impressions.

I would pull the bars back and up an inch or two tho'

Hoping tomaway is the same height - and has done some distance rides. Get a better idea if it is the one for me.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Feet, inch, stone don't really talk to me..... From where i come from, we are using normal unit whistling.gif

I am 180cm tall and my weight.... something around 110kgs....rolleyes.gif so I am not a tiny rider but I feel comfortable on the bike. (cannot compare with any other bike...)

Next week, I might go to Kho Samui just to see how is the bike after couple of hours on it and I will let you know my feeling.

ride cb650f and it feels good and lighter. Actually, I really get surprised how come it feels lighter than cbr650f as only 3 kgs between the bikes!

At 5.9 and close to 90 kgs, there is a lot of space and ergonomics are quite comfy. Lots of room in the saddle and upright position that is definitely not cramped.

Suspensions are softer on cb650f than cbr650f. cbr650f suspension setup is different and more sporty.

Besides, wind protection from sides are good due to the mini fairing on the sides. But wind blows you above the instrument cluster. A small wind screen and i m sure will kill some wind.

Overall, it is a cool bike and i like it

nice. thanks for the link. Hope they dont do it so loud as Devil pipes are a lot loud!

mania, i am scared custom pipes for cbr650f after hearing some dyno results with custom pipes.

Mechs at Bigwing Bangkok told me that, two guys had dyno test with aftermarket custom pipes and both get some hps less than the stock!

They advised me not to get a custom pipe and wait for a recognized brand to release one but guys at Devil pipes looks more professional and their products are nicely made and maybe they do things in a better technical way so we can gain some power.

Another thing is; honda cbr650f has pipe and cat together so it is not like adding a slip on. Any pipe for it means a full system automatically so you cannot pass emission tests also O2 sensort creates problem if you remove it. Not sure if you need to remove O2 sensors to put an exhaust system for 650f if not it is easier as otherwise a dynojet/bazzaz fuel controller with O2 optimizer is needed along with an air filter. I am waiting for the Bazzaz Unit as they also offer traction control and quickshifter as a bundle for a good price of course it will take maybe another 6 months for them to release for sure:(

Hope Devil guys do a proper setup.

LL My guess is you 100% need a efi controller or at least a reflash of ecu if your putting

a full exhaust & intake filter change on it.

Stock bikes are so lean for EPA just opening the pipes etc will work backwards with stock fuel maps.

That said I have no doubt Devil has done thier home work but also no doubt Devil will be loud .

But I can say devil pipes do make impressive gains

If you do not want to re-map I would wait for someone like scorpion who design for stock maps

But of course less gains

Edited by mania

nice. thanks for the link. Hope they dont do it so loud as Devil pipes are a lot loud!

mania, i am scared custom pipes for cbr650f after hearing some dyno results with custom pipes.

Mechs at Bigwing Bangkok told me that, two guys had dyno test with aftermarket custom pipes and both get some hps less than the stock!

They advised me not to get a custom pipe and wait for a recognized brand to release one but guys at Devil pipes looks more professional and their products are nicely made and maybe they do things in a better technical way so we can gain some power.

Another thing is; honda cbr650f has pipe and cat together so it is not like adding a slip on. Any pipe for it means a full system automatically so you cannot pass emission tests also O2 sensort creates problem if you remove it. Not sure if you need to remove O2 sensors to put an exhaust system for 650f if not it is easier as otherwise a dynojet/bazzaz fuel controller with O2 optimizer is needed along with an air filter. I am waiting for the Bazzaz Unit as they also offer traction control and quickshifter as a bundle for a good price of course it will take maybe another 6 months for them to release for sure:(

Are you saying the mufflers are welded to the pipe coming from the cat?

http://xpowerlube.com/category/honda/cbr650f-cb650f/

No doubt these exhaust are fake and the gain will be.... a loss..... but I am really in hurry to have a proper pipe!

A small one .... not to loud.... PLEASE.... I've been a good boy!

you can follow K Speed example. They dig the cat out i guess and sound of stock pipe is great that way.

you can find K Speed pipe video on on you tube.

Are you saying the mufflers are welded to the pipe coming from the cat?

no, headers/mid pipe connect with cat/pipe. cat and pipe is together as an ugly heavy box. It weights at least around 8 - 9 kgs!

Check the photos.

Advices appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13971944387365_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13971945922686_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13971946687985_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ok thats similar to most bikes now. IMO you will get the most gain from losing the extra weight but a noticable gain is not normal with pipe changes.

I would go with some slipons and call it a day.

installing a slip on means removing the box therefore the cat too. I think i will wait for a setup proved with a dyno. Devil pipe guys looks competent and their machinery is good, i expect something proper from them.

Also want an under swingarm pipe like stock to keep the bike down and in traffic it is better!

I'm becoming more convinced that the easiest-to-access big gains are in the ECU- like y99 said, pipes swaps don't increase power like they used to.

will go for ecu along with a proper exhaust and an air filter. Waiting for Bazzaz with traction control and quickshifter bundle. They sell it for 700 - 800 USD which is not that bad.